Quantcast

Echo Frames...any good?

Joker

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
I just picked up an Echo trials frame for $100,how do they rate. If you where to say compare it to an MTB frame where would it stack up?

TyF

Chimp
Feb 3, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
depends on what model it is. The urbans had some issues with cracking, the pure and team are both excellent, i have heard of no problems with them, plus i ride a pure and it is one of the greatest bikes eer :D i really dont know about the older ones, the es3's had cracking problems i think but im not positive.

the only bikes i would ride other than the echo pure that i am on now would be 1. a coustellier 2. koxx xtp or level boss. So in terms of quality i feel the echos are welll built, durrable and have nice welds, though i have heard problems with some of the welds being ugly

Joker

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Thanks for the info, I 'm not sure which model it even is, I just bought it on a whim. It's yellow with red lettering and has dragons on it, I'll check out which model when I get home.

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
sounds like one of the older ES2's, they break occasionally(what doesnt?) but at 100 bucks it was a great deal. Ride it till it breaks then get something sweet (check out the zoo pitbull or the new echo pure, pretty bikes)