Quantcast

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i was talknig to a family member of mine last week and if sh*t really hits the fan for myself , i can live in there cabin rent free . the problem is it's in montana.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read an article about him yesterday. If he is right I am moving to the east coast so I can be a part of the EU. :happydance:

I read the same article (wasn't the first time I've read about him). What is worth noting is some of the comments:

-Someone pointed out that the divisions on the map are almost identical to a the map of a video game in which the premise is that the US has split up and you are trying to establish trade between the territories (or some sh*t like that).

-Someone else mentioned that any idiot with a crayon can draw lines on a map.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I read the same article (wasn't the first time I've read about him). What is worth noting is some of the comments:

-Someone pointed out that the divisions on the map are almost identical to a the map of a video game in which the premise is that the US has split up and you are trying to establish trade between the territories (or some sh*t like that).

-Someone else mentioned that any idiot with a crayon can draw lines on a map.
It is all propaganda. :rolleyes:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I finally picked up "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramesy and instead of just listening to his tips and half assing the steps, I am actually going to work through the plan and make it happen.

I'm only half way through it and I already see a lot of things I need to change. Not as bad as some, but certainly far from perfect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also try "Smart Couple Finish Rich" and "The Automatic Millionaire", both by David Bach. While they are corny titles, the information is pretty good.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I probably would have lost my previous job. Now, I'm lucky enough to work in an industry that won't be affected much, if at all. People tend to drink beer whether times are good or bad.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i know, i've been there.

while we're at it, let's drop a neutron bomb on arkansas as well.
But, wait...before you push the button....there is some great riding in AR. So, nuke the delta but spare the hills.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
That would be hilarious if that happened before Quebec separates from Canada.....
Finally, It would be such a great thing. But the real question, and the most important, would be to know if Monteal's West Island would be deserted by it's demoralized population!

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I'm also buying a shotgun and likely a handgun for self-defense in our house. Crime has been escalating in our neighborhood...
And maybe a bazooka once the crooks get their dirty hands on some used M-16 tank.

:bonk:

Viva Canada!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm lucky enough to be in a job that gets busier as times get harder. the city i work for, however, has frozen raises and cut costs in other areas to try and ward off lay-offs in the coming doom.

if all else fails and i lose my job, i can always reply to those dynacorp/blackwater recruitment letters and go the mercenary route. i'd hate to leave the family for 3 months at a time but the $$ is good.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i'm lucky enough to be in a job that gets busier as times get harder. the city i work for, however, has frozen raises and cut costs in other areas to try and ward off lay-offs in the coming doom.

if all else fails and i lose my job, i can always reply to those dynacorp/blackwater recruitment letters and go the mercenary route. i'd hate to leave the family for 3 months at a time but the $$ is good.
The money is good, but dying is forever.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ohhhhh.....mercenary...I should go that route. Can you be a good mercenary armed only with biting wit and relentless sarcasm?

You could fight terrorists by boring them to death with the mundane minutia of your rather average existance.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
You could fight terrorists by boring them to death with the mundane minutia of your rather average existance.

"Hey! Ahmed! Yeah you!! I....awwwww...I just lost a button......wouldn't you know it....and I just bought this too...dammit....reminds me of the time my 5 week old blackberry went tits-up. What a pisser that was. I tell ya.......HEY!! Get back here you towel head! You WILL listen to this!!!!"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was thinking something along the same line. i could introduce freeride to the streets of kabul. ;)

...and a coworker of mine is a constant reminder of PSD work. he has magic legs ,a la Lt. Dan, from his stint overseas with dynacorp. but at least he's back on the job with me :thumb:

it's freaky how every single military vet at work has gotten the recruitment pitch from the merc companies; and several have taken the bait (my wife gave me the HEEEEELLLLL NOOOOO!!) . $112k for about 6 months work is pretty enticing and recession proof.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The problem is the lack of support in country. Every Joe there is only there for a paycheck and only worries about himself. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you get in the **** and you can't count on the jackass next to you to back you up. It can make for a real bad situation.

I have a friend headed over there next month.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i was thinking something along the same line. i could introduce freeride to the streets of kabul. ;)

...and a coworker of mine is a constant reminder of PSD work. he has magic legs ,a la Lt. Dan, from his stint overseas with dynacorp. but at least he's back on the job with me :thumb:

it's freaky how every single military vet at work has gotten the recruitment pitch from the merc companies; and several have taken the bait (my wife gave me the HEEEEELLLLL NOOOOO!!) . $112k for about 6 months work is pretty enticing and recession proof.

Money doesn't last forever, death, dismemberment and time with your family does.