Quantcast

Edumacate me on Disk Specifc Rigid Forks

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
honestly, i have learned i don't like having a 2.5 up front. running a 2.5 High Roller, but really want to drop it. love the tire, so i'm looking at smaller versions.

sorry, can't help on the disc fork option. best bet would probably be Surly, though i think On-One forks look better.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta

be built for whatever rake you want, whatever crown to axle height you want, and i'm pretty damn sure they will build it for whatever tire size you want as well if you ask...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by indieboy
be built for whatever rake you want, whatever crown to axle height you want, and i'm pretty damn sure they will build it for whatever tire size you want as well if you ask...
Um yeah... for a price. :p

I'm actually considering a used chomo that is on eBay right now - this fork won't be for a chi chi XC racer - stock angles will be fine.

I do like the cable guide though... not sure I'd pop $500.00 or so they are asking for the fork to get one though.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Um yeah... for a price. :p

I'm actually considering a used chomo that is on eBay right now - this fork won't be for a chi chi XC racer - stock angles will be fine.

I do like the cable guide though... not sure I'd pop $500.00 or so they are asking for the fork to get one though.
it's only $250ish :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by indieboy
it's only $250ish :D
I was just guessing. The steel forks that Serotta makes now are around $500.00 - just as much as their top carbon model. I'm pretty happy I have one already or I'd be forced (against my will) to join the carbon revultion.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I bet most of the custom builders listed on the mtbr ss faq make forks. E.g., Tom Teesdale (TET Cycles) makes one for $175.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Webcyclery has a pretty nice selection.

I finally got an 'XC' frame myself (mtn cycle rumble; it's XC to me at least...esp. with a flat bar and long stem) and since I can't find a nice 80 or 100mm Fox air shock, I might slap a rigid fork on for sh1ts and giggles (and the sound of two wrists snapping). I like the Dimension fork on that site for price and clean lines...Surly's my second choice. Don't wanna spend any more on the nice forks. (although the PlanetX kniffen would probably be a good albiet heavy match for my frame...)

MD

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There was a disk specific fork on eBay for thirty dollars with no bids - I just e-mailed the guy and offer so we'll see what he says. I going to stick with used since the frame it's going on is pretty old. I've rethought the tire width and decided a fatty was not required, just an idea I had. This will replace a Marzocchi air fork that I have grown to hate.