Quantcast

Eeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm having some Costa Rican coffee my boss brought back for the office. It's tastey!!1

I know we've gone over this before but do you know anybody who does vacation rentals on Peaks Island?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
All we get here is Hills Bros... :dead:
bwahhhhhhhh my grandpa used to drink that with his Philly blunt cigars!!!

Man thoes hill brother cans used to keep the worms alive for days......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
No, but I might be able to ask around if you have no success.

The Cheese
I really don't want to go thru a real estate company but I think I have to.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
SuzyCreamcheese said:
My company has returned Peet's to our selection of coffee choices.

The Cheese
Would this be the same company that has coffee shops on the west coast? If so I take it that their beans are better than what they served in the stores. I went there a few times and was treated to *in a snooty voice* "a fine coffee with an overburned aroma and notes vaguely similar to dog arse." Perhaps it was the employees leaving the pots on too long or something...worse than Charbucks.

I'm heading to Phoenix tomorrow and one of the things I'm looking forward to most is my friend Tom's coffee. I don't know where he gets his beans, but he roasts everything himself and I was blown away last time I visited. The difference is amazing...like snowboarding powder vs. ice.

mmmm powder.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Acadian said:
Peet's coffee RULES!!! :thumb:
DOUBLE DITTO!!!

Anyone watch the Lance Cronnicles?

They show how Lance gets 5lbs of Peets delivered to him in Europe every month. Major Dickens blend!
:thumb:

This due from Giro rolls up with all these new helmets and stuff, and Lance is like "Yeah, but did you bring the most important thing?"
and the dude whips out this five lb bag of Peets. Lance opens it up and burries his face in it.

So THAT is how he won all those Tours!!

I personally like the Arabian Mocha Sanani

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Must admit – although Peet’s is one of my favorite coffee, this summer I had the chance of savoring 100% pure Kona Coffee. Kuma, DW, John P., me + a bunch of other friends went to Whistler for a week and Kuma brought some from Hawaii. THAT had to be the best coffee I’ve ever had.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
johnbryanpeters said:
A physical biochemist working someplace that does coffee sales? Or, just what could physical biochemist imply? Aha, I see, I think... :monkey:
No, we don't sell coffee. In attempt to keep employees wired and working long hours, the company provides coffee for all of us. Our only choice had been a foul Starbucks offering, a bag of floor sweepings I think. Now we have Peet's, which, for a preground bagged industrial coffee, ain't bad. My company also feeds us breakfast and an afternoon snack (pizza on Toosdays and Toisdays, desserty items Mondays and Wednesdays). Not bad.

Physical biochemist means that I research our protein based therapeutics using physical chemistry methods such as spectroscopy and ultracentrifugation.

The Cheese

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Acadian said:
Must admit – although Peet’s is one of my favorite coffee, this summer I had the chance of savoring 100% pure Kona Coffee. Kuma, DW, John P., me + a bunch of other friends went to Whistler for a week and Kuma brought some from Hawaii. THAT had to be the best coffee I’ve ever had.
I fell in love with Kona coffee when we were on our Hawaiian honeymoon in 2001. Damn that's good stuff. I found it again in a grocery store near my house a couple months ago. It's more expensive and you get less than every other brand, but it's worth it. :)

BTW, I can't stand Green Mountain coffee.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Really? What don't you like about it? I don't find it bitter or foul tasting at all. Maybe you had a bad blend / flavor? :confused:
It's the taste and texture I don't like, plus I feel it leaves a bad aftertaste. Saying "I can't stand it" is probably a bit much though. I actually can stand it, but it's just not my favorite. It's the only coffee served in our cafeteria at work, so I drink it if I must. I have tried a bunch of different flavors (Lake and Lodge, Breakfast Blend, etc).

BTW, take Monday off and ride with me and Splat. :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I would love to take Monday off, but I have only been working here since December 6th, and I have a week off in March.

Try some French Roast, or if you are into flavors, Southern Pecan, or Blueberry. Breakfast blend is a little weak.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Acadian said:

Doesn't Peets have a 100% Kona offering?

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
Acadian said:
never checked? I'll look into it.

From what Kuma told me, 100% Kona coffee (not the blends) are super expensive!!
$25-30 a pound depending on where you get it from, that's online at least. Then you gotta add priority shipping so it doesn't take weeks to get here. I'm still dying to me some though, if I have to pay $35-40 to get it here I'll try it just once because I have to see what everyone is raving about.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
When I went to Kona one of the things I did was tour a few of the coffee plants. While I don't really like the taste of coffee, the smell had me continuously drooling. They also had free samples, so if your into coffee next time you go to Hawaii (hah) make sure to give some of the coffee factorys there a little of your time.