Quantcast

Eff da po-lar bears some more

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
50 degrees this morning here at 61 degrees North latitude. Getting some freedom-rain too. Hope y’all enjoyed your snow down south.

We are fucked.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We are fucked.
Agreed.
Most of the documentaries I've seen on climate change state wildfires will burn CA to the ground and that's pretty much what their Governor admitted to as the new normal over the weekend.
I've long believed there will be a war fought over water supplies within the next 20 years.

Finite resources don't last forever, particularly if you've made your host planet inhospitable in the mean time.

Agreed.
Most of the documentaries I've seen on climate change state wildfires will burn CA to the ground and that's pretty much what their Governor admitted to as the new normal over the weekend.
I've long believed there will be a war fought over water supplies within the next 20 years.

Finite resources don't last forever, particularly if you've made your host planet inhospitable in the mean time.
Wildfires in CA have always been the normal normal. People moved into those zones and created the myth that suppression was possible.

Water wars? Yes. Most of the water that supplies southern CA is stolen from various native tribes...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Now soliciting alternate thread titles. I was pissed and overheating when I wrote that.

Fuck the Polar Bears!
But how much OIL can we get?
Coal is Great Again
Salmon, that comes from Kroger, right?

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A while back I realized that humans were the worst thing to ever happen to this little rock we live on. How many millions of years has Earth been floating through space? And within the past 350 or so we have managed to fuck it all up. If the human race disappeared tomorrow, this planet would not miss a beat and would be be far better off...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A while back I realized that humans were the worst thing to ever happen to this little rock we live on. How many millions of years has Earth been floating through space? And within the past 350 or so we have managed to fuck it all up. If the human race disappeared tomorrow, this planet would not miss a beat and would be be far better off...
George Carlin once said that the Earth would eventually rid itself of the plague of mankind.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man was created to invent plastic. The world would have never come up with it on its own, you're welcome.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
The Earth creates new dominant species, Earth gets bored of it, Earth wipes it out., Earth creates a new dominant species. Such as the case with teh Dino's. Problem with peoples is that, for the most part, beat survival of the fittest and natural selection. We will more than likely wipe ourselves out before Earth does.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
everyone loves the enviorment....no one is killing themselves to save it....