Quantcast

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I never understood that smilie. It was part of a new batch a while back and I forget it's there. But the dude in the beanie seemed appropriate.

:shablon: :spartak:
Heh I am just busting your balls. I was surprised to see so many russian emoticons when I first posted here. They must have come from some russian soccer forum.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"I want you to look at what is going on in Ferguson, Missouri, in downtown America," Tapper said. "These are armed police, with semi-automatic rifles, with batons, with shields, many of them dressed for combat. Now why they’re doing this I don’t know, because there is no threat going on here, none that merits this. There is none.

"Absolutely there have been looters, absolutely over the last nine days there’s been violence, but there is nothing going on on this street right now that merits this scene out of Bagram," Tapper continued. "Nothing! So if people wonder why the people of Ferguson, Missouri are so upset, this is part of the reason. What is this? This doesn’t make any sense!"
i think they are there jake to prevent the same looting that went on when they were removed.

wild guess...could be wrong.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What Happens When Police Officers Wear Body Cameras

So it is in Rialto, Calif., where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras, no bigger than pagers, that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras' introduction, the use of force by officers declined 60%, and citizen complaints against police fell 88%.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have been out of the loop for a while and not really sure what is causing all the problems in Fergusen. Assuming that people are pissed that they live in Missouri. To call Missouri an armpit would require an anatomy that had the armpit surrounded by 6 assholes and a festering cunt.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So..... what am I supposed to be watching here? Looks like a cop catching cars that aren't obeying the law by stopping for pedestrians in a marked crosswalk.

Pretty sure every state has a law like that, and as a pedestrian trying to cross it's a fvcking pain in the ass when nobody will stop.
its a cop walking back and forth entrapping people

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
When it comes to cars and trucks blowing thru a pedestrian crossing while someones halfway across, I have no problem with the cops hammering the drivers.
as someone who spends all day walking and crossing streets, i agree. what i dont agree with is seeing a cop just walk out into the street as cars are driving by then having his buddy pull them over.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
as someone who spends all day walking and crossing streets, i agree. what i dont agree with is seeing a cop just walk out into the street as cars are driving by then having his buddy pull them over.
I don't see a difference between an out of uniform officer and myself trying to cross the street except I don't have the authority to ticket the jackass who didn't stop for me being in the crosswalk.

One thing that I loved in Germany was crossing the street. If you were in a crosswalk, everyone stopped, no matter what. But if you weren't, you would hear the driver speed up and they might even swerve to hit you. :rofl:

Crosswalk = safe
J walk = open season

Seems legit to me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have been out of the loop for a while and not really sure what is causing all the problems in Fergusen. Assuming that people are pissed that they live in Missouri. To call Missouri an armpit would require an anatomy that had the armpit surrounded by 6 assholes and a festering ****.
manchild african american male lit up like a christmas tree by cop....news/riots/looting/police spin/race baiting @ 11:00...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's Somerville, nothing but hipsters to mow down.
Like the world will miss a couple dozen baristas, even if they're white.

Plus, MA law is stop for pedestrians currently in crosswalk (if crosswalk has no pedestrian walk signal) and states that your vehicle can't be closer than 6ft to the person. It's not like a school bus where everyone stops from curb to curb.

It does not give pedestrians the right to just walk into street and expect 5000# cars to stop on a dime.
Complete $ grab by cops.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
By law you have to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk (including if they're waiting at the curb). Every car that passed the cop was breaking the law, and I'd have preferred that they ALL got tickets instead of just the occasional one here and there.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
It's Somerville, nothing but hipsters to mow down.
Like the world will miss a couple dozen baristas, even if they're white.

Plus, MA law is stop for pedestrians currently in crosswalk (if crosswalk has no pedestrian walk signal) and states that your vehicle can't be closer than 6ft to the person. It's not like a school bus where everyone stops from curb to curb.

It does not give pedestrians the right to just walk into street and expect 5000# cars to stop on a dime.
Complete $ grab by cops.
I've stood at a crosswalk and watched 100+ cars go by without a single one stopping. That's just wrong. The only stipulation here in WI is that you can't unexpectedly dart into the intersection and then blame the vehicle. But the cars in question above had PLENTY of time to see that there was someone trying to cross the intersection and should have stopped. Period.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The problem with stopping for pedestrians trying to cross is that there is a lot to pay attention to on the road, and this requires paying attention to the sidewalks. Someone standing at an intersection may be trying to cross, may be texting, turning a trick or just trying to hold in a shart. Crosswalks need a kind of batters box for pedestrians to stand in to display intent.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Yeah, as my preferred mode of transportation went from driving to walking/cycling, my tolerance of motorists breaking the law has gone WAY down. Whether it's speeding on residential streets, not stopping for pedestrians in a crosswalk, passing too closely to a cyclist, etc, I get *pissed* by all the drivers basically breaking the law multiple times on a daily basis.

The fact that they then turn around and whine about cyclists not obeying the law only fuels the anger.... >:(

So watching a cop (finally) targeting all of the assholes that don't bother stopping for a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk is actually pretty enjoyable to me. Entrapment? Nah, if you're dumb enough to almost hit a cop who's legally in a crosswalk and has the right of way, you deserve the ticket.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that cop has already been doxed
yup. but since he saved someone's life last year and because its "so hot out there", police supporters think we should just brush it off

edit: just heard that hes been suspended indefinitely. wow, police policing themselves...who whoulda thought. what are the odds thats hes still getting paid while suspended?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
yup. but since he saved someone's life last year and because its "so hot out there", police supporters think we should just brush it off

edit: just heard that hes been suspended indefinitely. wow, police policing themselves...who whoulda thought. what are the odds thats hes still getting paid while suspended?
"The incident was investigated and the officer has since returned to duty."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Idiots like those in uniform in Ferguson are the reason I gave up on civilian law enforcement...low/no hiring standards, low to no budget for community policing, hiring profiles regarding racial ratios that are all fvcked up, outsized egos behind the badges and just blatant stupidity all over the place. Where is Manimal while Ferguson burns?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...