Quantcast

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
An unexpected opinion given your signature :thumb:

But I think Steve's larger point is you shouldn't judge an entire region or city based solely on some anecdotal experiences - seems a bit judgmental, presumpitous and disrespectful.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

But I think Steve's larger point is you shouldn't judge an entire region or city based solely on some anecdotal experiences - seems a bit judgmental, presumpitous and disrespectful.
Yet I know I will never willingly live in Texas based solely on my interactions with Texans on the internet. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

johne can live where he wants.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My opinion of inland California is solely based on the high rate of Bro Trucks I saw during a road trip from Tempe to LA. And that is all I ever need to know.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
good to see one good cop in there push that fat fvck away from hitting the guy with his nightstick
On December 15, 2014, after Internal Affairs concluded their 2nd investigation, Attorney Stephen Stubbs and Dominic Gennarino met face-to-face with LVMPD Internal Affairs Officers and were informed of the following:

1) Prior public statements by an LVMPD Officer that Mr. Gennarino was “super-intoxicated” were completely false. There is absolutely zero evidence that Mr. Gennarino was intoxicated in any way, and no allegation of intoxication was included in any of the official reports. Additionally, LVMPD Internal Affairs listened to a recorded interview with Mr. Gennarino from immediately after the incident and concluded that Mr. Gennarino spoke clearly with no signs of intoxication.

2) There was a communication failure during the incident, and the officers should have communicated better.

3) Officers acted on erroneous perceptions and “mistakes of fact”.

4) Officers acted within then LVMPD policies and will not be disciplined. However, documentation of the incident is being placed in their personnel files.

5) LVMPD recognizes a “policy failure” and is not happy with this incident. Therefore, as a direct result of this case, LVMPD will implement “fundamental policy changes” in both its use-of-force policies and policies dealing with the investigation of use-of-force incidents.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Take some work home with ya.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer was disciplined, and given seven days off off work without pay. The Canadian CBC News reported that adjudication documents said that “RCMP Const. Kevin Theriault took an intoxicated woman he had arrested out of a cell and drove her to his northern Manitoba home to pursue a personal relationship.”

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not the brightest bulb in the pack
The BBC reports that details have come to light in the criminal case against Osman Iqbal, a former Birmingham officer sentenced to seven years in jail after being convicted of running a brothel, money laundering, selling drugs and other charges along with a gang of now also-convicted men and women.1

What tipped police off to the fact that one of their own was involved with organized crime? When he showed up to work — to work, at his job, as a police officer — in a $250,000 Ferrari 458 Italia.

http://jalopnik.com/crooked-cop-outed-as-gang-member-after-driving-a-ferrar-1678325999

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hopefully justice will prevail
Albuquerque, NM- Albuquerque officers Dominique Perez and Keith Sandy were charged with murder on Monday in the shooting of homeless camper James Boyd.

Boyd, who had been accused by police of illegally camping in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains, was ultimately shot and killed by Sandy and Perez, a SWAT team member, on March 16th, 2014 during a standoff lasting several hours. The shooting provoked national criticism of the Albuquerque Police Department after video was released that appeared to show Boyd, who was in possession of two small knives, surrendering just before he was shot by Sandy and Perez.
http://benswann.com/two-albuquerque-officers-charged-with-murder-of-homeless-camper/

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
illegally arrested because he knows the law and the cops dont (big surprise.)

from the prosecutor:
NBC 10 conducted a phone interview with Ocean County prosecutor Joseph Coronato, who said, “We never would have looked at the video without getting a search warrant, and based on our information, we didn’t have the legal right to get the search warrant at that point and time.”

“It would be my opinion that we’ll probably be dismissing the charge,” Coronato said.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man-arrested-refusing-police-illegally-confiscate-camera/

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I always wonder how the anti Obama/gubbmint/Tea Party crowd reacts to items like that...its got to be hard to admit that the people you spend so much time hating on do something well.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just have to read some of the comments on that article to see that.... I know, I know. Never read the comments.

Of course, the mantra of "Bush's Fault" continues
What a wonderful fellow, that Holder. He and his boss have extorted around $37B from BoA (most recently), Citi, JPMorganChase, and Countrywide. Some goes to mortgagees, but undisclosed amounts have been doled out to ACORN's successors-in-interest, LaRaza, and other Obama supporters. Tea Party groups need not apply. This has been flushed out by Judicial Watch, not our Congress, BTW.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

just waiting on that slap on the wrist...
A city cop who was caught on tape seemingly stomping on a subdued suspect has been indicted for assault, the Daily News has learned.

The misdemeanor rap against police Officer Joel Edouard, 36, is expected to be announced Tuesday, several sources confirmed........

Edouard can be seen briefly pulling a gun, then putting it back in his holster. He walks away, returns and appears to kick Cuffee in the head, prompting another cop to push him and the crowd to gasp.

Cuffee, who has a 2-year-old son, has said he suffered scrapes and bumps.

Officers alleged they saw him throwing away a joint, but he was only charged with attempted tampering with evidence, obstructing governmental administration and resisting arrest, records show.

“There was no evidence of marijuana,” a law enforcement source said.

Cuffee’s case was dismissed in December.