Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
cant wait to see how light of a sentence he gets
In a plea deal with federal prosecutors, former South Carolina police officer Michael Slager admitted Tuesday to using excessive force in the shooting death of Walter Scott.

Slager shot Scott in the back as the unarmed man was running away from Slager after a traffic stop in April 2015. In a reversal from his previous account of events, Slager admitted in court Tuesday that he did not shoot Scott in self-defense and said that his use of force was unreasonable.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/us/michael-slager-federal-plea/

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Admitted guilt for crime, no jail time for this criminal because he's a LEO:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-pummeled-bronx-woman-dodges-jail-article-1.3214524

An NYPD cop who broke into a woman’s Bronx home and beat her up in his underwear, will not serve any time for the bizarre attack.

Decorated Officer Eugene Donnelly was sentenced to three years' probation for misdemeanor assault in Bronx Criminal Court Thursday. He must also undergo alcohol abuse treatment.

In June 2014, Donnelly was honored at the NYPD's Medal Day with the Police Combat Cross, the department's second-highest honor, for arresting a teen gunman after a wild Bronx gunfight two years earlier. The next morning, Donnelly, wearing only his underwear, barged into the victim’s Woodlawn home and punched her up to 20 times. He then drank milk from her refrigerator and ran off, police sources said.

Donnelly's lawyer argued the cop was sleepwalking and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. He pleaded guilty to the assault charge in March.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I just can't wrap my head around the number of civilians that die at the hand of US law enforcement. In a country of 80 million, German police shot a total of 11 people in 2016.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
As far as police brutality goes, that looked pretty tame. It seemed like the officers were nothing but professional until she spit on them. If she actually spit on the dude, she's lucky she didn't get a true beating. Coming into contact with a random person's saliva can have life changing effects.

Whispering nasty comments to her was pretty creepy and unprofessional though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
As far as police brutality goes, that looked pretty tame. It seemed like the officers were nothing but professional until she spit on them. If she actually spit on the dude, she's lucky she didn't get a true beating. Coming into contact with a random person's saliva can have life changing effects.

Whispering nasty comments to her was pretty creepy and unprofessional though.
SLC Police Chief Mike Brown:

From my perspective, and I, along with others in my office have probably looked at this video 100 times — and in talking with other officers and supervisors — our actions [in this arrest] are abhorrent, and our words are even worse.

"There was a strike, and the words were exchanged."

Brown said that late Tuesday night he ordered his Internal Affairs unit to immediately look into the matter, and also called Gill to fill him in. The actual body-cam video, Brown said, is "much longer," but the web video shows the worst of the incident.
The criminal officer in the video retired so they didn't end up doing anything.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Implied consent is the consent that you give to allow things like breath tests and random vehicle inspections in exchange for driving on the taxpayer funded roads.

The stupid that hurts most in this deal, imho, is that the testee was not not suspected of anything, he was simply involved in a motor vehicle accident and they wanted "...to determine whether the patient had illicit substances in his system at the time of the crash". There was zero probable cause for the attempted blood draw. This is the kind of shitty police work that is well, shitty. Defective Payne is truly a dumbass, as is his stupidvisor who directed him to get the sample.

Classy guy, a shining example of how NOT to be a good Cop.

"As he stands in the hospital parking lot after the arrest, Payne says to another officer that he wonders how this event will affect an off-duty job transporting patients for an ambulance company.
“I’ll bring them all the transients and take good patients elsewhere,” Payne says."

http://www.sltrib.com/pb/news/2017/08/31/utah-nurse-arrested-after-complying-with-hospital-policy-that-bars-taking-blood-from-unconscious-victim