Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I too felt that it might not be written by a cop, based only on knowing a whole bunch of cops.
I've had a county sheriff pretty much recount the same things to me years ago.

We were smoking weed at a party. Because law and order.

Seems coppy enough, especially when discussing training. It doesn't matter though, there's nothing new you didn't know written in that. Or at least there shouldn't be anything new in there to anybody.

I've definitely noticed a trend however. Those with minimal exposure to the bidness side of cops (not my buddy the cop) seem to have a hard time believing just how bad the institution really has devolved. Now we have video. And for those of us with a decent amount of exposure to that system, there is nothing surprising about any of it. This thread wasn't created years ago out of thin air or because of the few bad apples nonsense.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This doesn't bode well for a reduced police presence.

Only if you believe that the long term solution to community violence is police.

That's a bold assumption that the reason for more violence in chicago right after half the planet started protesting was police were 'somewhere else'. That was not your average weekend, just with the cops locked in a donut shop.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
NYC working on repealing 50-a which deliberately hides police officer disciplinary history from the public

Minneapolis city council talking 'defund' but the mayor doesn't seem to know what that means and has confused face because he thinks no one will solve crimes

Muliple plaintiff lawsuit against all kinds of agencies involved in drumpf's photo opp

Some real charges against cops (which still might go nowhere but it's a start)

This one might me a little different. A deblasio recall vote might help in at least on of the pig pen mainstays but even DC GOP shitbags feel the need to do 'something'. Just gotta get pelosi off the yoga floor or whatever the fuck that was.

There are some provisions in parts of the civil rights act that can be used at the federal level to investigate and charge local PDs based on discrimination. It would be nice if someone had the balls to pursue it.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Only if you believe that the long term solution to community violence is police.

That's a bold assumption that the reason for more violence in chicago right after half the planet started protesting was police were 'somewhere else'. That was not your average weekend, just with the cops locked in a donut shop.

I would guess it is rare for a police officer to prevent a murder. People call them after murders, not before.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Source of the 'somewhere else' was the University of Chicago Crime Lab, which I hold in higher regard on these matters than some dude from the mean streets of tahoe.
From the article:
"When CPD has to turn its attention elsewhere and there's suddenly this vacuum that opens up, you also unfortunately see a picture like you saw with [last] weekend where you see an absurd amount of carnage, people getting injured and killed," he said."

But you're right, not your average weekend in Chicago (where I lived for a decade in neighborhoods where we heard gunfire daily). This is a better representation and, coincidentally, is the same weekend Floyd was killed.
White america didn't blink, but BLM.

I don't think the solution to community violence is police.
That needs to come from communities themselves so the police aren't needed in the current capacity.
Seeing how that would require the same level of accountability demanded of the police, I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Source of the 'somewhere else' was the University of Chicago Crime Lab, which I hold in higher regard on these matters than some dude from the mean streets of tahoe.
From the article:
"When CPD has to turn its attention elsewhere and there's suddenly this vacuum that opens up, you also unfortunately see a picture like you saw with [last] weekend where you see an absurd amount of carnage, people getting injured and killed," he said."

But you're right, not your average weekend in Chicago (where I lived for a decade in neighborhoods where we heard gunfire daily). This is a better representation and, coincidentally, is the same weekend Floyd was killed.

That needs to come from communities themselves so the police aren't needed in the current capacity.
Seeing how that would require the same level of accountability demanded of the police, I won't hold my breath.
or maybe the real problem is how violence is byproduct of systemic poverty that just somehow seems to disproportionately affect black americans.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
or maybe the real problem is how violence is byproduct of systemic poverty that just somehow seems to disproportionately affect black americans.
I don’t see how destroying your own community will change that.

Care to enlighten me?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
From the article:

Systematic racism leads to poverty which leads to violence which enables systematic racism. Hell it is the point. It's not just a black thing. Same thing happened to Italians, Jews and The Irish in the early 1900s. That cycle is easier to break when you blend in and assimilate to the larger population.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Systematic racism leads to poverty which leads to violence which enables systematic racism. Hell it is the point. It's not just a black thing. Same thing happened to Italians, Jews and The Irish in the early 1900s. That cycle is easier to break when you blend in and assimilate to the larger population.
for black americans, its been going on basically since slavery ended, so we're talking generations of it.

and its not like its some secret. google "poverty and violence" and pick a study. one of the first ones i clicked on indicated that children who are raised in poverty are 7 times more likely to be involved in violent crime as adults.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I eagerly await your multipoint plan for people with 3 jobs to firmly grip their bootstraps to carry themselves into harvard to overcome a system they didn't create.

I'm talking about cops being located at what they percieved to be a large-scale incoming riot not being a normal weekend. I don't care if jesus points out the obvious, the outlier is the timing, not the source of data.

I also wasn't born in, nor grew up tahoe, dumbass :rofl:

I don’t see how destroying your own community will change that.

Care to enlighten me?
Coming from the mean streets of chicago, how is there anything about big city demographics you don't understand?????
Impossibru!

Feeling helpless over your own destiny and safety creates anger frustration and fear. The kind your kush white ass has probably never experienced. How's that?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i'd try, but you can't seem to get out of the way of your own prejudices.
I want some answers on why gentrifying capital investment firms keep destroying their own communities with bullshit like starbucks and applebees. These strip mall wastelands really say a lot about the character of white people. Hard to feel sorry for them when they do things like that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I want some answers on why gentrifying capital investment firms keep destroying their own communities with bullshit like starbucks and applebees. These strip mall wastelands really say a lot about the character of white people. Hard to feel sorry for them when they do things like that.
its almost like commodification goes hand in hand with complacency

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Look I can't control or be responsible for where my investments fall in my portfolios. I have people who manage that.

In the meantime I wish these coloreds would show some more respect for those predatory cash lending storefronts that keep them in groceries by the week while charging 80% compounding interest.

I mean I just don't understand why they don't approach JP morgan and discuss their collateral assets for a better deal.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i'd try, but you can't seem to get out of the way of your own prejudices.
Typical response but you're right, it's probably best the community doesn't coalesce around a common struggle and instead keeps gnawing on their own leg.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Typical response but you're right, it's probably best the community doesn't coalesce around a common struggle and instead keeps gnawing on their own leg.
your continued prejudice is that you're only assessing the symptoms as opposed to the underlying cause, and are continuing to frame it as solely their own community's problem to solve.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
your continued prejudice is that you're only assessing the symptoms as opposed to the underlying cause.
The underlying cause, the fucked up history of how this country treats/ed black, will never be erased.
We can't change history no matter how many things we rename/remove.

World history is littered with myraid examples of people overcoming enormous issues.
I can't recall any that involved splintered attempts to achieve their common goal.

My son is obsessed with social justice and his idol is Bryan Stevenson, who he met on a trip last spring.
Trust me when I say the 'underlying cause' isn't out of my grasp.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The underlying cause, the fucked up history of how this country treats/ed black, will never be erased.
We can't change history no matter how many things we rename/remove.

World history is littered with myraid examples of people overcoming enormous issues.
I can't recall any that involved splintered attempts to achieve their common goal.

My son is obsessed with social justice and his idol is Bryan Stevenson, who he met on a trip last spring.
Trust me when I say the 'underlying cause' isn't out of my grasp.

There have been a lot of people that this country has treated poorly, and a lot of them have overcome that, but what people need to understand that there is a difference to the extremity that those people were treated. Like I mentioned before, Jews, Irish and Italians faced systematic racism in the early 20th century and faced poverty and violence and were able to largely escape from it, partly because they could easily assimilate. Chinese were faced with similar systematic oppression and weren’t able to blend in. For years they were allowed to live in segregated communities and those communities largely flourished. Today Latinos face similar hurdles but large numbers of them are able to escape the cycle.

Now despite these people facing challenges they have been more successful than others, and there is a huge difference in how they were treated. They were all allowed to keep their community, their culture, their families. First of all black people came from a continent not a country so African Americans never had a common culture or came from a common community. But even then that was all stripped away, that culture was systematically destroyed, communities and families were broken up by design, every possible thing that could be taken away from them was taken away from them. Post slavery systematic oppression was designed to achieve those same goals. It was designed to do that, Chinese, Irish, Jews and Latinos have never faced that level of oppression.

We did the same thing to Native Americans. We murdered them until they submitted, we moved them from their native lands. US strategy was to make sure they could not survive without aid from the government, and if they didn’t grovel and submit to that they were murdered or starved. Then we dismantled their culture religion and community, families were broken up once again by design to make sure we took everything away from the as possible. Native Americans have tried to get all of that back and they struggle to escape that cycle of poverty.

Once you take away everything from people it takes generations to recover, especially when remnants of that systematic oppression remain.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Once you take away everything from people it takes generations to recover, especially when remnants of that systematic oppression remain.
Can't let them get too uppity in the process though.

Dan-O: you're basically doing the equivalent of asking why a slave killing his owner bit the hand that feeds them.

You ever had cops constantly patrolling a neighborhood you live in for the sole purpose of harassing you daily? That shit gets old. Ever spend your life trying to get out of a neighborhood by working at a shitty store that never offers promotions? Can you understand a little animosity at the store you'll never manage, much less own in this case?
You keep asking the same question, how hard are you really looking for the answer. In most cases these communities are just where they live, not something they built and feel a pride of ownership over. Throw a bunch of murderers in cop suits in there and it definitely does not help with a feeling of being trapped.

Take it from some people who are smarter than me and say it better.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Thugs and followers, not critical thinkers; For cannon fodder shure, but for critical interactions with a diverse public that for the most part does not trust you?

What could go wrong?
It is almost like what they tell you what the police is for is not what it is actually for... /s

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I say we deface the american flag with new colors, ones that create a narrative of self-importance and purports a fallacy of us being the the only thing propping up civilization and keeping it from utter chaos. Then use that defaced american flag to identify fellow, low IQ bullies and help them get away with whatever they want so that they let me do the same, all while calling ourselves patriots and babbling some bullshit about the rule of law that we fight tirelessly to make sure never applies to us.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a lot of places have lowered their requirements for physical fitness, so you should be able to outrun most of them too

If I was still in Virginia yes, but I wouldn't count on that here. Obesity rates are pretty low in the city and can't say I have seen a fat cop in this town.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Joey Balloney needs your support

“[He] systematically went along each of my fingers to twist them at a 90-degree angle to break them,” 31-year-old Shoshana Akins told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “He went down all my bottom knuckles, and he started on my top knuckles, and he did this in about 20 seconds. So fast.”

Since cruel and unusual punishment is something the police in philly wholeheartedly believe in, you can now a buy a t-shirt.

But amid that blowback, Bologna has also garnered unreserved support from the police union, which has bashed his arrest as political and even started selling “Bologna Strong” T-shirts to back the officer.

Literally applauded by other cops for smashing a kid's skull with a baton.

Anybody want to talk about small numbers of apples?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This doesn't bode well for a reduced police presence.

This sure as hell does.

I'm sure them BREAKING INTO and hanging out in the office of one of the most vocal black rights activists while ignoring actual crime next door is just a coincidence.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This sure as hell does.

I'm sure them BREAKING INTO and hanging out in the office of one of the most vocal black rights activists while ignoring actual crime next door is just a coincidence.
According to the Chicago Tribune the looting and break-in happened prior to cops arrival:

The shopping center at 54th Street and Wentworth Avenue where Rush’s campaign office is located was looted on Sunday, May 31 during widespread civil unrest in the wake of George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police.
Lightfoot had said the video picks up at about 1 a.m. Monday, June 1, and the officers were there four or five hours.
A Rush spokesman said the office learned about the building being burglarized on May 31, when the alarm system went off.

Irregardless, that's what you want right? Cops to leave people alone and stop hunting blacks?
Think of all the lives they saved by eating popcorn.
Get them a Peace Prize for defying the notoriously corrupt CPD orders and breaking the cycle of abuse.

Speaking of (ex) police, this uncle tom makes some interesting, if inconvenient, points.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Irregardless
Not a word. :D

Read your link again. The shopping center was looted, not his office which is obvious in the photos.

Apparently when they left one of them left a dollar on a desk.

They were in there for hours. They were hiding.

What I want is to quit wasting money on shit head frat boys who think they're untouchable. You know, the ones that commit crimes instead of preventing them...

this uncle tom
Brandon Tatum, who is a former Tucson Police Officer and current host of The Brandon Tatum show on KTAR 92.3, has become one of the most prolific speakers and exciting personalities on social media after making a Facebook Video that got over 70 million views. Tatum has a tremendous following of over one million people spread across various social media platforms. He has been featured on Fox Business, Fox & Friends, Headline News, One America News,

The guy's a cop so you know he's used to lying :rofl:

He is literally just making money off telling white people what they want to hear because it absolves them of responsibility and they'll pay him for it. Not the first, certainly not the last.

The new press secretary does the same thing with her blonde hair apparently. In case you haven't heard, there's kind of a market out there.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Atlanta, as usual, just gnarly as fuck. Wendy's ablaze after another murder.

This where we are though. If low IQ brothers of the blue bullyhood can't get the message now of all times: "just don't fucking shoot black people right now" then this is what you get.

I used to live in atlanta when I went to georgia tech and I'll be honest, that was the only place in my life I ever had an entirely professional encounter with a cop. That singular event didn't override the 20 other ones I had with APD that were complete assholes but it did happen there......at 20 years old was the only time I thought wholly to myself 'wow that guy wasn't a raging dick'

But that's a story in itself. Every other coworker I met of his was.

These dumbfucks aren't learning a damn thing. They have at least 5 non-lethal ways to subdue someone, plus the ability to just not shoot at the vital organ part.....and they can't be trusted to do it. Not even now, in the face of an entire planet telling them to chill the fuck out.

*facepalm*
Allen said cops feel like they’re subject to a double standard in which a Taser, if used by police, is seen as a weapon, but a Taser used by a suspect against officers isn’t viewed as a threat.

These idiots still don't understand magnitude of threat vs response.

Last edited: