Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Serious question. How many "activations" is a taser battery good for?
From a quick check with teh googlz.

For a Taser, firing the wired darts - it depends upon the model, but you get either 1,2 or 3 shots before needing a reload of the cartridge. From what i can find, it looks like a battery pack lasts for about 50 - 30 second discharges.

So, on the surface, it sounds like they kept reloading cartridges until the battery died.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
From a quick check with teh googlz.

For a Taser, firing the wired darts - it depends upon the model, but you get either 1,2 or 3 shots before needing a reload of the cartridge. From what i can find, it looks like a battery pack lasts for about 50 - 30 second discharges.

So, on the surface, it sounds like they kept reloading cartridges until the battery died.
Or they could just inject you with some Ketamine.

This is pretty fucking frightening.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Or they could just inject you with some Ketamine.

This is pretty fucking frightening.
did you watch the body cam videos?

Those motherfuckers should be swinging from the gallows right now.

Since the rodney king beatings I'm kind of used to being disgusted by violent stupid cops. But this one in particular makes me want to puke so much more than any of the others.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Lots of things led up to a medic being involved, I wonder why no one is talking about the fact that a medic gave a kid enough ketamine to put down a horse. I honestly don't think this is just a question of shitty cops.
In 2018, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported that Minneapolis police officers asked medical responders to use ketamine on people — at times over the objection of those being drugged and, in some cases, when no crime appeared to have occurred — more than 60 times in 2017, up from three in 2012.
I think it would be naive to think that the police officers are not asking for this across the board. Just give him a little sumthin-sumthin to make him more docile, etc. I'm sure medics have to get involved and have to administer drugs in some cases, but the important part is whether it's for an actual medical condition.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hell they came up with "Excited Delirium" as an excuse, now they get to counter act something that doesn't exist with something that will disassociate your ass.

K-Holes provided by Ass-holes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

But you love us!! Beg for it!! :rofl:

I'm calling it now. NYPD strikes and then to prove a point, off duty cops start causing chaos and generating crime.

Unrelated.

Probably. Especially the quote about a coming wave. It's almost like they know something. And especially once you look at the dates of the first article, and when the statistics start in the second.

Probably.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If there was ever an example of why believing bullshit is truly dangerous..............
Even if the guy at the door was ANTIFA, he wasn't doing anything threatening to justify any force. This is just well armed chicken shit that has been trained to shoot first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was referring to believing the 'cops are good people and we need them' myth :D

Just kidding, I was referring to the idiot who's scared of antifa.

And is fucking dumb enough to think that someone coming to kill him is going to knock on the front door.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got an email today from a client who is a cop. He's the guy you want. He about had a breakdown after he had to pull his gun on someone (thought he was going to have to shoot). He works in schools but doesn't write kids up, he call their parents and works with them to stay out of trouble going forward. Etc, etc. He's going to retire early. He was already planning on having a short career but the hate towards cops (and now increased risk to him) is enough. He's already fighting an uphill battle into a headwind to be a good cop. This has been too much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Again the problem is that the SPD has shown over and over that they are unable to use such tools properly. Best and the Mayor ordered the SPD to not use such devices and two nights in a row they did, all while standing behind multiple barriers separating them from demonstrators. So two nights in a row the SPD openly disregarded direct orders. And it wasn't like some there was some immanent incident that required immediate distribution and use of such devices. What triggered the first use was a cop trying to grab an opened umbrella from a demonstrator across the barriers, the resulting tug of war was then declared a riot and the full array of tear gas, pepper spray was released on the whole crowd. They were armed and ready to go with no intent on following orders from the beginning. It was the optics of the SPD openly disobeying orders from the Chief and Mayor that led to the East Precinct be abandoned and the resulting CHOP shitshow.

If they used those tools to protect lives and peace it wouldn't be a problem. But they use them to defend their fragile sense of power.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reversed the ordinance? Pending further review or permanently?

Would be nice if the police had the tools they needed and we're held accountable when they were used indiscriminately.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As I am still nursing a fucked up shoulder I just watched a few hours of a livestream from the downtown protests.

Was basically a loosely packed march until it got near the East Precinct, not exactly sure where as I am not super familiar with the street names the reporter was describing. Cops formed a line, protesters would stay back a good 10 yards. Cops would slowly advance, protesters would backup maintaining the gap. Cops would backup, protestors would advance and maintain the gap. Occasionally the cops would advance rapidly, with no announcement or warning, firing off tear gas and flashbangs. As those in the front of the crowd could not retreat quickly with the crowds behind them they got pepper sprayed and batoned. When things were at a standstill some in the crowd say some very rude things to the police, a few people stepped forward and tried to engage the police in polite conversation. All were ignored unless they got too close and were summarily pepper sprayed. Almost all the protesters I could see where wearing helmets, masks and respirators. One random dude seemed to walk out of an alley, seemingly without any knowledge of what was going on, no ppe whatsoever. Upon the shock of realizing where he was he dropped a Nalgene bottle and as it rolled towards the police, he reached for it and was pushed to the ground an pepper sprayed.

I couldn't tell what happened but one protestor did something deemed arrestable, guessing he threw something. The whole crowd was gassed, flashbanged and pepper sprayed as the police advanced to arrest the individual. 4 cops unloaded on him with pepper spray as he layed curled up on the ground. The reported retreated to safe place and I couldn't tell what happened after that.

Eventually the crowd seemed to get directed away from the East precinct and the police backed off as the march turned north. At one point it stalled and a lady came out yelling that here kids were trying to nap and things moved on again. The reporter stopped at an aid station to see to some wounds from flash bangs. He didn't show his injuries but others there had some nasty wounds, basically looked like they got hit by a paintball that also burned them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This has gotten wierd. All this really does anymore is provide an opportunity for cops to show the world that they're kind of assholes. Anyone who cared to pay attention has enough in the bank now to draw from. What are those cops 'protecting?' Their precinct building? That protest line is just there because of the cops now.

If there was ever a case for white people having no rhythm, it's that chick with the drumsticks. Jesus, get a metronome.

The soccer game in the background is a nice touch.

Beats covid in a bar on a saturday night I guess.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Reversed the ordinance? Pending further review or permanently?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Twenty-one officers were injured after being hit by bricks, rocks and other explosives, according to the Seattle Police Department, which declared the demonstrations a riot around 4:30 p.m.

Be careful on your next bike ride. Apparently rocks are much more dangerous than we thought. Never know when they might go off.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Explain? California passed Prop 13 in 1978 that only allows property taxes to rise a maximum 1% a year. So if your property taxes are $4000 a year, it can only go up 1% each year. CA property taxes are based on purchase price, or reassessed value from lets say an addition, as the value has changed. You will take your current tax rate with the amount of the addition, so if the addition was $250K to complete, that much would be added to the current tax amount. If the home purchase price of that tax payer was $150K and they sold the home for $1.5M the new owner will pay approx $15K a year in property taxes. Now the cool thing about our tax law, is it could be gifted once or taken with you within certain counties here in CA. So if your tax base is $4000K a year and you sell for $1M, you can take that tax amount with you if the purchase price falls near the sale of you homes price. You can also take over your immediate family's tax base one time. So you can purchase your parents home at current market value, you are allowed to keep their tax base.

Anyways, I sold my Tahoe place last year.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Explain? California passed Prop 13 in 1978 that only allows property taxes to rise a maximum 1% a year. So if your property taxes are $4000 a year, it can only go up 1% each year. CA property taxes are based on purchase price, or reassessed value from lets say an addition, as the value has changed. You will take your current tax rate with the amount of the addition, so if the addition was $250K to complete, that much would be added to the current tax amount. If the home purchase price of that tax payer was $150K and they sold the home for $1.5M the new owner will pay approx $15K a year in property taxes. Now the cool thing about our tax law, is it could be gifted once or taken with you within certain counties here in CA. So if your tax base is $4000K a year and you sell for $1M, you can take that tax amount with you if the purchase price falls near the sale of you homes price. You can also take over your immediate family's tax base one time. So you can purchase your parents home at current market value, you are allowed to keep their tax base.

Anyways, I sold my Tahoe place last year.
No tax overrides in CA? I am paying 2x in taxes what I was paying 9 years ago now. Despite the 2% tax rate increase cap in MA, my citizens volunteer for tax overrides for gigantic projects each year, plus homes are re-assessed every year aggressively upwards to make sure the town has enough $ for its evergrowing budget.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Please explain, if one were to already own a home in an area, how do they become priced out?
Fire insurance
Utilities
Reassessments
That mexican lady we hire to keep an eye on the place (not sure we trust her, do we honey?) keeps bitching about living wage or some nonsense

You can understand and illustrate tax law but can't seem to get a grip on opposition to DHS and LEO overreach?

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
No tax overrides in CA? I am paying 2x in taxes what I was paying 9 years ago now. Despite the 2% tax rate increase cap in MA, my citizens volunteer for tax overrides for gigantic projects each year, plus homes are re-assessed every year aggressively upwards to make sure the town has enough $ for its evergrowing budget.
Prop 13 was set to help out elderly and retirees from outrageous tax hikes. As soon as they sell, it's taxed on purchased price for the new owner. They tried to override it during the last election but it didn't pass, thank goodness.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Prop 13 was set to help out elderly and retirees from outrageous tax hikes. As soon as they sell, it's taxed on purchased price for the new owner. They tried to override it during the last election but it didn't pass, thank goodness.
It's a wealth transfer from young people to The Olds. It'll bite California in the ass.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Fire insurance
Utilities
Reassessments
That mexican lady we hire to keep an eye on the place (not sure we trust her, do we honey?) keeps bitching about living wage or some nonsense

You can understand and illustrate tax law but can't seem to get a grip on opposition to DHS and LEO overreach?
Fire insurance, Utilities rates rise no matter what, not based on income or more or lees peeps moving into an area.
Reassessments, if nothing changes in your residence it can only go up 1% a year.

The only Mexican lady in our house is my wife, yes she is in fact Mexican.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fire insurance, Utilities rates rise no matter what, not based on income or more or lees peeps moving into an area.
Reassessments, if nothing changes in your residence it can only go up 1% a year.
That's not the point. I'm betting you saw more inflation in your utilities on you house up here (rate wise, not payout since you didn't live here full time) than your real home.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to fire insurance in wooded areas in the last two years. If you can even GET fire insurance any more

You didn't answer my question.

It's a wealth transfer from young people to The Olds. It'll bite California in the ass.
There's no will about it. It's created home price hyperinflation at every transfer. The county I live in is pretty much a sanctioned mob at this point.