Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You can understand and illustrate tax law but can't seem to get a grip on opposition to DHS and LEO overreach?
probably has
prescription vuarnet tortoise shell blinders....rose colored lenses....

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That's not the point. I'm betting you saw more inflation in your utilities on you house up here (rate wise, not payout since you didn't live here full time) than your real home.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to fire insurance in wooded areas in the last two years. If you can even GET fire insurance any more

You didn't answer my question.

There's no will about it. It's created home price hyperinflation at every transfer. The county I live in is pretty much a sanctioned mob at this point.
I wasn't there, but when I didn't have a ski lease going I did vacation rentals. The monthly gas/electric bills stayed fairly steady. Did go up since PG&E's fuck ups. However the water bill was the shitty one. They charged me a starting flat rate up to so many gallons whether it was used for the month or not.

I was lucky, my fire insurance never went up. When I changed insurance companies to one of my friends companies, he told me to keep my existing Tahoe insurance with the original carrier because I was already covered. Yes, its getting more & more difficult to get insurance. I do remember the last 5 years or so getting a tax bill from the State Board of Equalization for brush control.

I don't think that's what causes home inflation, its more supply & demand. Tahoe prices steadily climbed in the late 90's to early 2000's with the dot.com boom, then slowed down with the dot crash in addition to 2007-2011 RE market collapse. Tahoe prices have been at a steady increase the last few years, but it took quite a while to get started again, after many lost their primary homes in the 2007 crash. A second home or investment property were not in the cards for many.

Anyways, its going to be interesting to watch the market now, especially in the Bay Area where many can work for home and don't have a 25 mile 1.5 hour commute each way. San Francisco is starting to see a hit in rentals as people are now able to work elsewhere. Rent prices are starting to drop there, you may start to get even more peeps in your quite neighborhood because of it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I didn't say utilities cause home inflation, rather it's another way someone can be increasingly priced out of an area, not directly related to property taxes. It was just a joke westy made, and not the point of this thread. Fire insurance companies are now rotating neighborhoods that they'll cover in order to reduce exposure to singular catastrophic events. It's causing problems because of course they don't coordinate with each other so full communities can't get insurance.

Well aware of supply and demand. Prices are going up even more than the baseline trend pre-covid because all your rich neighbors are 'permanantly relocating'. I cannot wait until the next big winter for these transplants to start demanding service when they can't find their cars. :)

All that is a distraction but a pretty good display of the point I was trying to make. You seem far more invested in well.....investments than willing to actually discuss what's going on with cops. You realize the protests in portland are growing since the feds showed up? Why do you think that is? Try and answer without just making juice box jokes. These are not children.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys just don't seem to understand how bad a guy with multiple homes in some of the most expensive areas of California has it. How is he supposed afford college for his kids without blaming some one down the socio-economic ladder for his inability to buy a new Mercedes this year. That under the table house keeper cost almost as the new Rolex he had to pass up last year. Fucking struggle is real yo. It's not Brian's fault that you can't see how oppressed he is.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Sounds like the good old boy need to be taken out back of the woodshed for a tuneup.

Is there not a removal process for dereliction of duty?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Overpaid murderers.

So this is out. I posted a while back about the repeal of 50a in NYC. Here's the result of that.

Some audio coverage.

This is just one precinct going back to to 2003

You'll notice what pretty much everyone has been saying for years, it's mostly repeat offenders, not a majority of cops doing the asshole. Which means two things: the omerta fraternal protectionism is as formidable as everyone thinks, AND this is an entirely solveable problem if we'd just hold the 'bad apples™' accountable.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What a bunch of snowflakes.
Good riddance.

Edit - Read the comments. :banghead: Based upon both those and the up / down votes. You all have a huge problem with boot licking fascists.

Seriously where to these people come from? They seem to have absolutely no concept of the "Golden Rule." However, I bet if asked, most would claim to be Christian. :rofl:

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That isn't a 'good' thing.
Most of you know I'm very pro-cop, and very much against bad cops.

There are few jobs where people are asked to regularly put their lives on the line for the public. Now, being a cop also means you get the scorn of the majority of that same public.
A recent poll of 10,000 LEO around the country asked among many questions how many would recommend someone go into law enforcement. Only 7% said they would recommend it now in this climate.

MOST cops are good, overwhelmingly. What do you think the public gets when all of those good cops are gone?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
MOST cops are good, overwhelmingly
Uh huh.

That's why they all quit their unit after an entirely indefensible act. Oh, and they lied about it in the initial report--thank god for video cameras rolling.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

There are few jobs where people are asked to regularly put their lives on the line for the public. Now, being a cop also means you get the scorn of the majority of that same public.
A recent poll of 10,000 LEO around the country asked among many questions how many would recommend someone go into law enforcement. Only 7% said they would recommend it now in this climate.

MOST cops are good, overwhelmingly. What do you think the public gets when all of those good cops are gone?

Ya, maybe, maybe not.

My Grandfather was a chief of police.
My dad was a career provincial officer.
My brother spent several years on the provincial force.

So, I did have some skin in the game.

Biggest problem seems to be the thin blue line, nobody dares cross it cause if you do, then you basically get treated as a traitor, even if you are standing up for the law - you know the thing you are supposed to be upholding.

Next is punishment. Any cop convicted of a crime should get a larger stiffer sentence / fine than the general public, not a little slap on the wrist which seems to be the case more often than not.

They are tasked with being the face of the law, and when they break it they should be made example of. Bigly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

if they're quitting because they can't do their job without chokeholds, then they're not good cops.

if they're quitting because they can't do their job without restrictions on when they can shoot people who are fleeing, then they're not good cops.

if they're quitting because they can't do their job without standing by while other officers use excessive force, then they're not good cops.

if they're quitting because they're afraid of their body cam footage being released publicly, then they're not good cops.

if they're quitting because they're afraid of being held accountable for when they violate someone's civil rights, then they're not good cops.

if they're quitting because they can't fathom the idea that they will be held accountable for how they act on the job - like LITERALLY any other profession, THEN THEY'RE NOT GOOD COPS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

A lot of people put their lives on the line for this country. No one else is given pass for being an asshole because of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

A lot of people put their lives on the line for this country. No one else is given pass for being an asshole because of it.
and most of those people would lose their jobs if they behaved in the manner police often do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
and most of those people would lose their jobs if they behaved in the manner police often do.

I have spent a good 25% of my career doing those jobs and I can assure you no one ever used the excuse that they were risking their lives to justify anything.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I remember all the people I had to shoot while working as a HVAC mechanics helper during summers in college. It was all, "Here take this gun, aim over the side of the building ..." and just BLAM BLAM BLAM, all those people in the strip mall parking lots just erupting in gouts of blood and screaming. Got paid off the books though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I remember all the people I had to shoot while working as a HVAC mechanics helper during summers in college. It was all, "Here take this gun, aim over the side of the building ..." and just BLAM BLAM BLAM, all those people in the strip mall parking lots just erupting in gouts of blood and screaming. Got paid off the books though.
Younger brother is an HVAC engineer and emigrated to BC, I wonder if he has to throw bears at people with the lack of freedum up there?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Younger brother is an HVAC engineer and emigrated to BC, I wonder if he has to throw bears at people with the lack of freedum up there?

I had a fork truck operator take a corner too fast and the stack of pallets he was carrying tipped over and almost crushed me so I choked him until he suffocated. My coworkers and union covered for me so I didn't get into trouble, they are good people.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

:rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

What you will not find is any evidence of "The Good Cops" trying to stop this asshole.