jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
per google you need to be 21 to possess and acquire firearms and ammunition in illinois (his home state), unless you have written parental consent.
In most, but not all states, it's 21 for a handgun, 18 for a rifle, again, AFAIK.

llinois prohibits any person under age 18 from possessing a handgun.1 State law also prohibits any person from knowingly transferring a handgun to any person under age 18.2

However, Illinois also prohibits individuals from possessing firearms if they do not hold a FOID card,3 and prohibits any person from knowingly transferring a firearm to a person who does not hold a FOID card.4

To obtain a FOID card, an individual must be over 21 years of age or have the written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to possess and acquire any firearms and ammunition.5 Further, the parent or legal guardian must not be prohibited from obtaining a FOID card.6 Even with parental consent, persons under age 21 do not qualify for a FOID card if they have been convicted of a misdemeanor (other than a traffic offense) or adjudged delinquent.7

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
shooting someone because they hit you with a skateboard isn't self defense, it's escalation.
I don't agree. That escalation already happened by bringing a gun on scene, but anyone coming at you with an object that has the ability to significantly maim or injure has put themselves out there to be shot at in self defense. No different than a bat. The legal test is likely something to the effect of, you reasonably thought that the attacker was going to be able to seriously injure you with whatever object.

I'm not saying I agree with the shooter's intent and their actions (basically going out to be confronted and shoot people), but I don't think that part of the action is contrary to the law.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't agree. That escalation already happened by bringing a gun on scene, but anyone coming at you with an object that has the ability to significantly maim or injure has put themselves out there to be shot at in self defense. No different than a bat. The legal test is likely something to the effect of, you reasonably thought that the attacker was going to be able to seriously injure you with whatever object.

I'm not saying I agree with the shooter's intent and their actions (basically going out to be confronted and shoot people), but I don't think that part of the action is contrary to the law.
Yeah who cares. He'd already shot someone and was getting the beat down he deserved.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

go look up "proportional response"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Isn't driving protestors towards armed counter protestors escalation and inviting violence? Isn't it the job of Police to de-escalate and prevent violence? I suspect my Republican office holding Civics teacher in high school was brainwashing me with liberal conspiracies.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Isn't driving protestors towards armed counter protestors escalation and inviting violence? Isn't it the job of Police to de-escalate and prevent violence?
Not at all. It's to make brian feel safe in avalon estates, while providing a professional and protective environment for your nations worst racist and violent frat boys who realize they can get away with far more than if they'd joined the military.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
per google you need to be 21 to possess and acquire firearms and ammunition in illinois (his home state), unless you have written parental consent.
One is bound by laws of state you’re in, not where you live.

None of MA laws apply to myself or my kids when in Maine.

Kid and whoever loaned him the rifle are fucked though, according to the Law & Order episode I just reviewed.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That little cop wannabe went there to shoot people. No one was shot before he started firing.

Windows.

Probably unrelated.

Probably
You see windows/stores, I see livelihoods.

Neither perception changes the fact that these actions will have zero positive effect on desired changes. These assholes are minting new GOP voters with every brick thrown.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You see windows/stores, I see livelihoods.

Neither perception changes the fact that these actions will have zero positive effect on desired changes. These assholes are minting new GOP voters with every brick thrown.

Just a few bad eggs. Which is true, and describes a group of random people and not a well vetted well trained and we'll paid public organization with a mandate to protect the peace.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just a few bad eggs. Which is true, and describes a group of random people and not a well vetted well trained and we'll paid public organization with a mandate to protect the peace.
Oh wait, no, that's not supposed to be about that..........

:rofl:

Dan-o. It's a window vs. literally two lives. You can "see" rainbow squirting unicorns but you'd also be incorrect about that too.

And since that's obviously not a molotov cocktail being thrown at the kid (who's running away, wouldn't see it anyway, and hence can't be used as a justification for his trigger pullin), what do you think that is? It's a bag of something. I'm really hoping it's poo. Even though it missed him, I really hope it's poo. Seems too light though.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh wait, no, that's not supposed to be about that..........

:rofl:

Dan-o. It's a window vs. literally two lives. You can "see" rainbow squirting unicorns but you'd also be incorrect about that too.

And since that's obviously not a molotov cocktail being thrown at the kid (who's running away, wouldn't see it anyway, and hence can't be used as a justification for his trigger pullin), what do you think that is? It's a bag of something. I'm really hoping it's poo. Even though it missed him, I really hope it's poo. Seems too light though.
Inanimate Objects Matter

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Inanimate Objects Matter
You see inanimate objects, I see the entirely of the aurora galaxy, with space dragons breathing stardust and topless chicks with swords handing out free crackrock to Jack Abrams, with the yellow submarine cruising behind, rocking only the good beatles tunes (the paul stuff), while good clean white children of every solar system cheer in elation.

It would be wrong to deny that's exactly what this is all about.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You see inanimate objects, I see the entirely of the aurora galaxy, with space dragons breathing stardust and topless chicks with swords handing out free crackrock to Jack Abrams, with the yellow submarine cruising behind, rocking only the good beatles tunes (the paul stuff), while good clean white children of every solar system cheer in elation.

It would be wrong to deny that's exactly what this is all about.

I see you found some peyote while on vacation

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Why does it have to be one vs the other?

What does looting/arson of non-government property have to do with police shootings?
It's unjustifiable and entirely counterproductive imo.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why does it have to be one vs the other?

What does looting/arson of non-government property have to do with police shootings?
It's unjustifiable and entirely counterproductive imo.
It gets attention, makes people face the issue, and shows local municipalities that there are consequences for inaction. Vote for someone who promises police reform and you'll stop being inconvenienced by being asked to think about this stuff. Even though the 'counterproductive' is just a way to absolve your own responsibility and discount the reason behind this stuff. Help change things instead of brushing them off because you read a poo bag (please be poo) was monolith cocktail.

Counterproductive?

Society: We're protesting police violence

Cops: Hold my beer

Shit man, governments have literally changed hands because of riots. I don't think these are big and violent enough.

Sick burn, hence the allegedly.
Sick literacy. You said alleged arsonist, not allegedly throws.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Let's compare and contrast

Police arrive from a complaint about two women arguing/fighting, no reports of a weapon
Unarmed black man gets shot in the back 7 times getting back into his car
I will play devils advocate and assume the cops thought he may be reaching for a weapon although there have been no reports that there was a weapon or that the police saw it.

A few days later
After three people were shot, two killed, a clearly armed white man walks towards police as they respond to a SHOOTING presumably to surrender, the police ignore him and he drives home.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It gets attention, makes people face the issue, and shows local municipalities that there are consequences for inaction. Vote for someone who promises police reform and you'll stop being inconvenienced by being asked to think about this stuff. Even though the 'counterproductive' is just a way to absolve your own responsibility and discount the reason behind this stuff. Help change things instead of brushing them off because you read a poo bag (please be poo) was monolith cocktail.

Counterproductive?

Society: We're protesting police violence

Cops: Hold my beer

Shit man, governments have literally changed hands because of riots. I don't think these are big and violent enough.
Better shake some sense into Jacob Blakes mother then.

And don't worry, you're going to get your violence wish.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Police arrive from a complaint about two women arguing/fighting, no reports of a weapon
Unarmed black man gets shot in the back getting back into his car
I will play devils advocate and assume the cops thought he may be reaching for a weapon

A few days later
After three people were shot, two killed, a clearly armed white man walks towards police as they respond to a SHOOTING, presumably to surrender, the police ignore him and he drives home.

THINK OF THE WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

I will play devils advocate and assume the cops thought he may be reaching for a weapon although there have been no reports that there was a weapon or that the police saw it.

A few days later
After three people were shot, two killed, a clearly armed white man walks towards police as they respond to a SHOOTING presumably to surrender, the police ignore him and he drives home.
Blame it on the car dealership and the cabal of family owned businesses that enable these murderers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which murderers, the cops or the kid who murdered people?

You just hop in the car or something?

He is talking about the window murderers

I certainly do not advocate random destruction...

but history does not lament the profits lost by the tea owners.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh you certainly made an attempt to defend his actions and criticize the people trying to stop him.

Your memory can't be that bad. That was today. Post ends with the 'both sides' false equivalency nonsense if you want to look it up 12 or so posts ago.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Oh you certainly made an attempt to defend his actions and criticize the people trying to stop him.

Your memory can't be that bad. That was today. Post ends with the 'both sides' false equivalency nonsense if you want to look it up 12 or so posts ago.
Everyone involved falls under 'Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes' imo.
Believe what you want, you always do.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

1598488396758.png

1598488650042.png

Can't tell if that's a knife or a bag.