Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Round these here parts it's mostly down to family trust funds and investment firm landlords. It's gotten weird.

But I can think of some people who lost biglier. Usually right before these types of demonstrations. An irreplaceable loss you might say.
Are you referring to windows? Those can't be glued back together.

Isn't that one of the ten commandments. Though shall not shatter thy glass of another man least ye be shot with an AR freedumb stick.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ran out of energy being proven wrong over and over and over again
Fair enough

Molotov cocktails and influenza it is!

I never said looting was fine because the cops aren't stopping them either. Go back and read my post. What I said was cops aren't doing their jobs, especially if property damage is supposed to be a priority.

They stood their ground at the kenosha court house and kept damage mostly limited to some charrged garbage trucks. The building came out relatively undamaged proving that they are capable of preventing damage. I'm sure it's easy to discount things when you don't actually understand what you're reading, but at least try and refute what I'm actually saying.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Fair enough

Molotov cocktails and influenza it is!

I never said looting was fine because the cops aren't stopping them either. Go back and read my post. What I said was cops aren't doing their jobs, especially if property damage is supposed to be a priority.

They stood their ground at the kenosha court house and kept damage mostly limited to some charrged garbage trucks. The building came out relatively undamaged proving that they are capable of preventing damage. I'm sure it's easy to discount things when you don't actually understand what you're reading, but at least try and refute what I'm actually saying.
Tell us again how wheels larger than 26” will never make down a WC track.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is why we can't have nice things (or nice cops)

So much for the moist eyes and feigned empathy some California Democrats showcased during the Black Lives Matter marches that followed the police killing of George Floyd. Despite performative emoting by powerful members of California’s ruling party, a slate of necessary police reforms may be headed for full or partial defeat in the California State Legislature.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Once again, to those that do not have a vested interest, i.e. business owners with places accessible to the public, it really is not any of your business because it does not effect you. Not directly or indirectly. Y’all remind me of this couple I knew back in school who would sit on the couch and complain about how miserable other people’s lives were while chain smoking cigarettes.

And to be honest about how I feel about the situation is this; I’m not going to worry about it because the actual amount of vandalism is so small relative to the population size of most cities. I am far more likely to get hit by lightning hiking in a thunderstorm than I am of losing my livelihood to vandalism.

Right now, my number one priority is keeping my parents and myself safe from Covid-19. I80,000 dead from the virus and every week we hear on the news that another family has lost a loved one to police brutality. To continue in the vain of arguing about protesters and vandalism is to ignore the pain and suffering of our fellow community members. We have long ago lost our empathy and compassion for what matters most. And that is the real tragedy here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Y’all remind me of this couple I knew back in school who would sit on the couch and complain about how miserable other people’s lives were while chain smoking cigarettes.
Pssh

I don't live in a city either. But imo (obviously) anyone who might have to deal with a cop, which is everyone, has a stake in the larger conversation.

I still posit that outrage over property more than lives is misguided. It's become a weird norm in this country, and it's wrong. But hey what do you expect from a nation that still hasn't adequately addressed people as property.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I still posit that outrage over property more than lives is misguided. It's become a weird norm in this country, and it's wrong. But hey what do you expect from a nation that still hasn't adequately addressed people as property.
Because everyone has property, but most Americans aren't black and cannot empathize with what it is like being black. They can't imagine themselves getting shot in the back 7 times and buy into the excuses that are laid out before them. But they sure can imagine their property getting damaged and that is where they put their values. For clarification I have no idea what it is like to be black or to fear the police, but I damn well know they get treated differently, I have seen it first hand and not just on TV, and it isn't right.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kenosha police union issuing apology, recognition that shooting someone in the back was the wrong move and a promise to pursue de-escalation tactics.

Nah just kidding. The usual.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Multiple times. Mostly after being tackled for assaulting a defenseless curb with my skateboard trucks in an empty shopping center at 10pm.
baltimore....do you remember this....or maybe it had ceased publication....

20200830_062229.jpg

cops...interactions....the longer my hair/beard got in tn/co....the more they were interested....

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
baltimore....do you remember this....or maybe it had ceased publication....

View attachment 149180

I do remember seeing those around, although that pic is definitely from before my 4 year stint in MD. Landsdowne, aberdeen and a really bad vert ramp at a friends house were my haunts.

Most of the bad cop interactions were florida and georgia. I lived in Bel Air from about 12-15. After that I guess I looked more threatening to cops in the south.

Last I checked, he's dead.
Say what??

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Say what??
What ? Missed that one. Care to elaborate ?
Him and I used to ride on a semi-regular basis. One day he just dropped off the map. No texts, no phone calls, until his shit just quit working. Hasn't logged on since 2016 2014. It's been my assumption that he died somehow. I know he had a wife and at least one kid, but I never met them,

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Him and I used to ride on a semi-regular basis. One day he just dropped off the map. No texts, no phone calls, until his shit just quit working. Hasn't logged on since 2016 2014. It's been my assumption that he died somehow. I know he had a wife and at least one kid, but I never met them,
Did you check his local newspaper for an obituary ?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Did you check his local newspaper for an obituary ?
I did, but by the time i started to think something seriously fucky was afoot, it had been probably been maybe a year since I'd last seen or heard from him, or he had posted here, so the search window was kind of large. I didn't find anything. I honestly can't even recall his last name now.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
that's right

Sorry I got my salty bastards mixed up

Stinky dying actually does ring a bell...........I've had a lot of concussions.

So is $tinkle dead or is squeeb having a fantasy?
Yeah this place is like an online retirement community for battered old downhillers. Wait what were we talking about ?

Last edited: