Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"If you're willing to listen, have that conversation with them [deputies], you'll be on your way shortly and with your day, " the sergeant said.

Heh

The number of cars I see pulled over here getting searched is astronomical. Always 'poor' looking vehicles too.

this would fit in a trunk or tacoma bed pretty well I think

"If you're willing to listen, have that conversation with them [deputies], you'll be on your way shortly and with your day, " the sergeant said.

Heh

The number of cars I see pulled over here getting searched is astronomical. Always 'poor' looking vehicles too.

this would fit in a trunk or tacoma bed pretty well I think

Just saw it in Middlebury, latino driver, Massachusetts plates, tattered white Mercedes van

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Last night while getting fuel outside of phoenix I witnessed a high-speed chase turn, wreck, and turn shootout, and was in disbelief by how fast the SWAT team arrived, the car and occupant were loaded and gone and the scene was cleared. I gave my dashcam footy to two sergeants and everything was essentially over, start to finish in 40 min.

I have a feeling it's been done enough it's muscle memory for them now. With the advent of dash cams, body cams, and the volume of them at the scene there is no longer any need for a formal old school investigation.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last night while getting fuel outside of phoenix I witnessed a high-speed chase turn, wreck, and turn shootout, and was in disbelief by how fast the SWAT team arrived, the car and occupant were loaded and gone and the scene was cleared. I gave my dashcam footy to two sergeants and everything was essentially over, start to finish in 40 min.

I have a feeling it's been done enough it's muscle memory for them now. With the advent of dash cams, body cams, and the volume of them at the scene there is no longer any need for a formal old school investigation.

Your Hindi accent is a lot thicker than I remember.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have yet to see a honky in a lexus getting searched....

Way back when I lived in Cincinnati I used to pass my boss on the way to work every day. Usually he was in the right lane doing the speed limit and I in the left lane going 15 MPH over the limit. About once a month I would see him pulled over. A black man driving a jeep was risky business.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Way back when I lived in Cincinnati I used to pass my boss on the way to work every day. Usually he was in the right lane doing the speed limit and I in the left lane going 15 MPH over the limit. About once a month I would see him pulled over. A black man driving a jeep was risky business.
And the number of times a gun was pointed at him was.......

Just saw it in Middlebury, latino driver, Massachusetts plates, tattered white Mercedes van
STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE

NEWS RELEASE

CASE#: 22B5003669
RANK/TROOPER FULL NAME: Tpr. Ryan Anthony
STATION: New Haven Barracks
CONTACT#: (802)388-4919

DATE/TIME: 11/18/2022, 1035 hours
INCIDENT LOCATION: 1815 VT Route 125, Ripton, VT

VIOLATIONS:
-Grand Larceny x2
-Possession of Stolen Property x2
-False Information to a Police Officer x2

ACCUSED: Rances Acevedo
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Methuen, MA

ACCUSED: Wander Hernandez
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Lawrence, MA

VICTIM: Donald Brown
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Bristol, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 11/18/2022 at approximately 1035 hours, Troopers responded to a reported suspicious vehicle in the area of 1815 VT Route 125 in the Town of Ripton. It was reported there was a white van that had appeared to be stealing a dirt bike from the above address. While Troopers were responding, Officers of the Middlebury Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop on the van for multiple 911 calls regarding the van's operation.

The occupants of the van were identified as Rances Acevedo (20) and Wander Hernandez (20) both of Massachusetts. Investigation revealed Acevedo and Hernandez had stolen a dirt bike from the above residence. Acevedo and Hernandez provided false statements to law enforcement officers throughout the investigation and were found to be in possession of the dirt bike. Acevedo and Hernandez were taken into custody and issued citations to appear in Addison County Superior Court, Criminal Division at a later date.

The Vermont State Police was assisted by members of the Middlebury Police Department.

COURT ACTION: Y
COURT DATE/TIME: 01/23/2023, 1230 hours
COURT: Addison
LODGED - LOCATION: N/A
BAIL: N/A
MUG SHOT: Included

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Again, this is rural Vermont. Come live here for a while, you might learn something.
magical pixie cops, as honest, pure and white as the driven snow I'm sure

I used to camp out near burlington and ride smugglers notch a good bit in winter whenever school was breakin

This is about as dumb as 'my rocks are burlier than your rocks' discussions

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I didn't say anything of the sort.
Then I have no idea what you did say. That they were/weren't getting searched? Sounds like they got searched.

I was implying that cops are never to be trusted at face value. That was based on your seeing some people pulled over saying it looked like they were getting searched, and then looking up the incident. You said you'd been mistaken. How this relates to the uniqueness of rural vermont I have no idea. So I need more words ;)

Last edited:
Then I have no idea what you did say. That they were/weren't getting searched? Sounds like they got searched.

I was implying that cops are never to be trusted at face value. That was based on your seeing some people pulled over saying it looked like they were getting searched, and then looking up the incident. You said you'd been mistaken. How this relates to the uniqueness of rural vermont I have no idea. So I need more words ;)
In my first post I said that I had witnessed a stop by local police that I suspected might have been racially motivated.

In my second post I provided a state police report (at my request, I receive them all via email) stating why the van had been stopped ("multiple 911 calls regarding the van's operation"), and the burglary and arrest descriptions.

Both occupants have been charged, arrested and jailed, and they ain't deemed guilty until the legal rituals have run their course.

I made no argument that all police are bad or that all police are good, and I'm generally as suspicious as you arc regarding many police activities. In my 47 or so years in Vermont I have had contact with quite the array of officers, most of whom were honest and decent, a few who should not have ever worn a badge, and a few someplace between those extremes. On the average, they have been way better than those I knew in, say, New Jersey, Massachusetts, or New York.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I made no argument that all police are bad or that all police are good, and I'm generally as suspicious as you arc regarding many police activities. In my 47 or so years in Vermont I have had contact with quite the array of officers, most of whom were honest and decent, a few who should not have ever worn a badge, and a few someplace between those extremes. On the average, they have been way better than those I knew in, say, New Jersey, Massachusetts, or New York.
I think most cops are a notch or two down from NYPD.

I will point out though that you're also a white man, (of means based on those solar arrays ;) ) so your interactions with cops are going to be defined by that.

As far as what I am to learn by being in rural VT, I'm still not sure. It's not VT but even I'm in a rural area with no police department, only overseen by state highway patrols that don't live here, and power tripping county sheriffs that have way too much autonomy.

I think most cops are a notch or two down from NYPD.

I will point out though that you're also a white man, (of means based on those solar arrays ;) ) so your interactions with cops are going to be defined by that.

As far as what I am to learn by being in rural VT, I'm still not sure. It's not VT but even I'm in a rural area with no police department, only overseen by state highway patrols that don't live here, and power tripping county sheriffs that have way too much autonomy.
An old white man at that, plus, if I wanted, I could play the veteran card, but I don't do that. I am aware of at least some of the cultural armor that I wear.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
An old white man at that, plus, if I wanted, I could play the veteran card, but I don't do that. I am aware of at least some of the cultural armor that I wear.
Every time a cop tried to talk to me I'd light a cigar and scream "you pussies would be speakin japanese/german/communist if it weren't for me you lily livered little shits!!!"

I might anyway