Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
And when we say "WND exclusively learned" we mean, the tinfoil slipped and let in a mind ray. Because if there is a place on teh interwebz that embodies journalistic integrity, It's world net daily.
did you read the whole article, or just tune out when you saw "WND"? aren't you troubled by governmental fear mongering & manipulation of the narrative? remember a little dust up in iraq about a decade ago?
forget that, let's recall how the police "handled" another "scary black threat": oscar grant

i've been reading other sources cited, and am troubled by the hair-trigger & uber paranoia our gov't cops have in the d.c. area, and being permitted to treat that as what equates to a free fire zone. it rivals nyc in the over-the-top responses to perceived (manufactured?) threats.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
WPAFB security officials said the incident turned out to be a misunderstanding, and that the authorities had followed protocol given the information reported through the 911 call.
Isn't there some sort of "protocol" for "Old lady with a car full of kids"? Jesus.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Basically they just like to shoot at moving targets.
i was going to fix your post w/ a "they like to shoot at black people", but seeing how these blokes were of pallor, the silver lining here is they are equal opportunity tards.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
driving home from asheville sunday morning....two cops on the side of the road lights on at the end of an exit ramp....i slow down a little and pass by.....lead car immediately pulls out....pulls me over....roll down window...do the license registration...tells me the reason he pulled me over was not moving over a lane while they were pulled over with their lights flashing...goes back to cruiser to run the info...

15 minutes later he comes back....

gives me a warning about the not giving space....that alone was a 400+ ticket....expired registration...lowbeam bulb being out.....hands me the warning...i say thanks...then asks me to do a breathalyzer because he thought he smelled alcohol...

sure....do the breathalyzer...he looks at it...nothing...he looked disappointed...

i offered to walk the line if he wanted to make sure.....he just looked at me...said no.....have a nice rest of the morning.

kind of a dick move....but i did get a pass on what i'm sure would have been about a 700+ dollar ticket after court.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
No

The point is that the police are essentially conducting a surveillance operation against every person in their patrol area. Making detailed records of innocent citizens movements and activities.

That doesn't bother you?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
surveillance is active
this is passive

there is no such thing as "passive surveillance"

do googlemap cars bother you?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
surveillance is active
this is passive

there is no such thing as "passive surveillance"

do googlemap cars bother you?
First I've never seen a google maps vehicle, but I see the popo every day.

Second google maps makes an effort to maintain peoples privacy by blurring peoples faces and such.

Third Google maps is not trying to incriminate me.

Fourth Google maps is not logging and compiling my activities.

There is no "passive" recording.
It's definitely not passive when you are compiling a database of where I go. That's what you do to someone under investigation for a crime.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
There is no "passive" recording.
sure there is; what do you think googlestreet view is?

First I've never seen a google maps vehicle, but I see the popo every day.

Second google maps makes an effort to maintain peoples privacy by blurring peoples faces and such.

Third Google maps is not trying to incriminate me.

Fourth Google maps is not logging and compiling my activities.

It's definitely not passive when you are compiling a database of where I go. That's what you do to someone under investigation for a crime.
1: so...
2: it's their choice; they are not compelled
3: nor are the popo (just as long as you're not doing anything untoward)
4: so...

the only thing i find objectionable (not personally, but for society as a whole) is recording/documenting while on private property; i.e., your house. public is public, however