Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, no. I just didn't follow.
Probably best she wasn't armed, she might be another Brianna Taylor.

I know you and I disagree on guns, and some cops, possibly Ginger versus Mary Ann, but you could go back 19 years on this site and I don't think you'd find a post where I support bad cops.

(Mary Ann > Ginger)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm in Camp Woo... there are no good cops.
The cities I deal with have had an exodus of cops over the last year with all the shit that's been going on. The older guys retiring because "they don't like how things are going" :think:. The young guys? The majority because they don't like being blamed for the shit other people are doing and the risks that go along with being associated with assholes. What's that add up to? Young assholes being left. Obviously that's a few specific areas, but hmm...

That being said, the CoP at my primary city doesn't fuck around. He's fired a few guys for small infractions and that keeps guys in-line.They are also a relatively high paying city, so he has choice of the best cops. There are a lot of former military in his dept and most are former combat, so they tend to be much more grounded based on my interactions with them. He also has them two per car and requires cameras at all times, so they aren't stuck in any weird solo situations, which is (imho) good policy. But again, a bit of an outlier city.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The cities I deal with have had an exodus of cops over the last year with all the shit that's been going on. The older guys retiring because "they don't like how things are going" :think:. The young guys? The majority because they don't like being blamed for the shit other people are doing and the risks that go along with being associated with assholes. What's that add up to? Young assholes being left. Obviously that's a few specific areas, but hmm...

That being said, the CoP at my primary city doesn't fuck around. He's fired a few guys for small infractions and that keeps guys in-line.They are also a relatively high paying city, so he has choice of the best cops. There are a lot of former military in his dept and most are former combat, so they tend to be much more grounded based on my interactions with them. He also has them two per car and requires cameras at all times, so they aren't stuck in any weird solo situations, which is (imho) good policy. But again, a bit of an outlier city.
Don't like being blamed for shit other people do? Then speak up and quit protecting them. When you take gobs and gobs of taxpayer money, are allowed to straight up steal shit from innocent people via civil asset forfeiture, and are basically handed free military gear from the federal gov't, you have a responsibility to do your job that much better and keep your nose clean.

Look up the name Joe Biggs. Combat veteran who used to work for infowars and is now one of the three people who run the Proud Boys LLC.

Gimme the name of the sheriff's or police department your talking about and 20 minutes on the internet. I genuinely believe you probably only think that way because of who's telling you this.

If I'm right, stevew owes me a 6 pack, if I'm wrong I'll buy it on his credit card.

The small handful of cops I know of from here publicly and through friends have just bitched and moaned that their job 'isn't fun anymore' because people weren't kissing their asses after last summer.

The good cop fallacy isn't a claim that there aren't good human beings who become cops. Everyone seems to confuse the two. It's a fallacy because the system is designed for corruption, power tripping, and complacence when the power is abused. The basic structure of policing is the flaw, not necessarily every human who joins it. But by joining that flawed system, they thereby become part of the rot. That's the difference. If jesus christ becomes a nazi, that doesn't make him a 'good nazi'. He's just a nazi who needs a haircut.

Giving cops more money or a 'well funded' force has never in the history of policing led to better anything but more autonomy.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Don't like being blamed for shit other people do? Then speak up and quit protecting them. When you take gobs and gobs of taxpayer money, are allowed to straight up steal shit from innocent people via civil asset forfeiture, and are basically handed free military gear from the federal gov't, you have a responsibility to do your job that much better and keep your nose clean.

Look up the name Joe Biggs. Combat veteran who used to work for infowars and is now one of the three people who run the Proud Boys LLC.

Gimme the name of the sheriff's or police department your talking about and 20 minutes on the internet. I genuinely believe you probably only think that way because of who's telling you this.

If I'm right, stevew owes me a 6 pack, if I'm wrong I'll buy it on his credit card.

The small handful of cops I know of from here publicly and through friends have just bitched and moaned that their job 'isn't fun anymore' because people weren't kissing their asses after last summer.

The good cop fallacy isn't a claim that there aren't good human beings who become cops. Everyone seems to confuse the two. It's a fallacy because the system is designed for corruption, power tripping, and complacence when the power is abused. The basic structure of policing is the flaw, not necessarily every human who joins it. But by joining that flawed system, they thereby become part of the rot. That's the difference. If jesus christ becomes a nazi, that doesn't make him a 'good nazi'. He's just a nazi who needs a haircut.

Giving cops more money or a 'well funded' force has never in the history of policing led to better anything but more autonomy.
I can find you some in 2min. I don't challenge that. Compared to other PD I work with, this dept is far ahead. Does it have issues? Yes. Bad as others? Not even close.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Here's a fun one.

These are coins being passed around RIGHT NOW in Richmond by state cops to other cops.

coin1.jpg

coin2.jpg

They're commemorating this nutjob, who had zero charges filed against him and continues to work.

Literally showing homage to the dumb shit this motherfuckers says in the midst of a state paid roid rage.

You can see the 'good cops' outside watching.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
at least the cheap bastards could have got it made in america :disgust1:
buncha jorb outsourcing china lovers...
ain't cha heard?

china is the new budding hub of freedom, democracy, labor rights and environmentalism :rofl:

Hey @stoney

These aren't your boys are they?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ain't cha heard?

china is the new budding hub of freedom, democracy, labor rights and environmentalism :rofl:

Hey @stoney

These aren't your boys are they?

Oh hell no. Those boys are fucking twats. They won't hire from there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
American Military Propaganda said:
Among the activities that to detention were studying the Quran without state permission, allowing one’s children to study the Quran, reciting the Quran, wearing religious clothing or having a long beard, or going on the annual pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia without state permission, it said.
Uyghurs were also sent away to camps for “sensitive” countries, including Turkey, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Kyrgyzstan — as well as elsewhere in Xinjiang such as Urumqi and Kashgar, without notifying local officials, HRW added.
Sounds exactly like what you chaps do to me; Locking up ‘radical’ Muslims. Except they have a rehabilitation program rather than just arbitrary detention with occasional torture.

I really don’t feel like the US has a particular moral high ground here; ‘Muslim bans’, Iraq, Afghanistan (how many dead and impoverished? It’s in the millions), the way POC are treated within the US, kids in cages, what you’re doing in the Sudan and elsewhere, supporting wars with horrific outcomes for the local populations, fuck I can’t even remember all of it.

And also, whilst forced detention and labour is certainly ‘not good,’ by any stretch, lowering the number of sky-fairy worshippers is a good outcome for the planet. The US approach (hammer) ends up radicalising people even more, and it seems like the Chinese method is working (higher regional prosperity and less religious nuts) without actually killing and impoverishing millions of people.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sounds exactly like what you chaps do to me; Locking up ‘radical’ Muslims. Except they have a rehabilitation program rather than just arbitrary detention with occasional torture.

I really don’t feel like the US has a particular moral high ground here; ‘Muslim bans’, Iraq, Afghanistan (how many dead and impoverished? It’s in the millions), the way POC are treated within the US, kids in cages, what you’re doing in the Sudan and elsewhere, supporting wars with horrific outcomes for the local populations, fuck I can’t even remember all of it.

And also, whilst forced detention and labour is certainly ‘not good,’ by any stretch, lowering the number of sky-fairy worshippers is a good outcome for the planet. The US approach (hammer) ends up radicalising people even more, and it seems like the Chinese method is working (higher regional prosperity and less religious nuts) without actually killing and impoverishing millions of people.

Were you educated in an american school?

"China sucks" does not equal "mrkkka rulz!"

I mean I of all people probably spend the most time of anyone defending this highly dignified nation, especially its police state, so I'm personally, deeply offended :rofl:

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Ouch, education system burn! (No of course not) :)

Yes of course, you and I as individuals can both be critical of of both these situations but, as I’m sure you know, a part of the reason why China feels it can do this stuff with impunity is because other ‘significant members’ of the international community act worse. If you want to change this stuff, America has to be able to not be an utter hypocrite.
Of course it’s not great but international diplomacy in the moral sphere relies on a lack of hypocrisy. Right now whenever America criticises any human rights situation the rest of the world is seriously like ‘bitch please’. It’s not even like ‘good point’ it’s like ‘Dude! KIDS IN FUCKING CAGES! STOP IT!’

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Right now whenever America criticises any human rights situation the rest of the world is seriously like ‘bitch please’. It’s not even like ‘good point’ it’s like ‘Dude! KIDS IN FUCKING CAGES! STOP IT!’
Correct. Between that and cops beating the shit out of protesters last year, no one is going to listen to us for years and years.

But hey I'm only like 6th in line to the presidency so nobody listens to me. I'm just the guy that knows china still sucks.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
"defund the police? that's crazy!"

"what if you NEEEEEEED to call 911? Ever think of THAT"

"what are we going to do, just not have cops?"

waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Racist as hell and rotten to the core.
And we are supposed to be a bunch of fucking snowflakes? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
To be fair ‘Defund’ is a stupid word that implies a total withdrawal of funds for most people. ‘Change the remit of the Police’ is more accurate; ‘Reduce the role and funding of the Police, and give some of their budget to underfunded social, mental and education services’ would be even better.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
To be fair ‘Defund’ is a stupid word that implies a total withdrawal of funds for most people. ‘Change the remit of the Police’ is more accurate; ‘Reduce the role and funding of the Police, and give some of their budget to underfunded social, mental and education services’ would be even better.
It's not my fault english so hard for people.

Defund means pull money from, and that's exactly what needs to happen since nothing else has worked.

Ever.

The entire system of policing here is fucked from the top to the bottom. I don't know how many more examples you need to see.

oH nO wHaT wOuLd wE dO wItHoUt cOpS!!!!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wow. You can't make this shit up.
LAPD just opened an investigation on themselves because a sergent just put out an announcement of a 'person of interest' punching a black woman this past weekend when there's video of the punch happening right in front of that exact sergeant. Like the punching arm itself is rubbing up against the cop's chest.

When the woman asked the cop to arrest the douchebag, he told her she should could perform a citizen's arrest.

Seriously man, the time for clutching one's pearls over the idea of defunding the police state is LONG gone. Just like our little hick hall putsch last week, we all had a front row seat to the violent racist cop show last summer. It's not our fault you might not have been paying attention. They're power tripping, power hungry, legally immune racist roid ragers because we keep giving them money for it while nurses die because we can't 'afford' protective equipment. And no amount of 'reform' has ever worked. Ever.

fuck'em, and fuck everyone who defends them just because they're scared of some nebulous crime.

Law enforcement need not mean cops. They can't be trusted with the responsibility. It's that simple.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't think it is that hard if you find a job there first. I know several people who have done it, but they either had connections for a gig or worked an internal transfer.

I have to fucking file Canadian taxes this year for 2019. I should be eligible for moving there.

Was only there for a handful of weeks but worked 16 hour days 7 days a week, enough to clasify as a resident according to the corporate accountants.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have to fucking file Canadian taxes this year. I should be eligible for moving there.
Marry me.

It's not hard if you have an employment sponsor who's willing to claim you're doing a job that 'cannot reasonably be done by a canadian', true. But without getting into too much detail that ain't happening. That's where the money component comes in in my case.

I actually started the process, this isn't fictional or 'I know a guy'.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Viet Nam might be right up your alley... And money isn’t everything. It always seems terrible to consider a paycut but IRL 'It's all relative'. The 16 hours a day you spend outside of work are way more important.