Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
To be fair ‘Defund’ is a stupid word that implies a total withdrawal of funds for most people. ‘Change the remit of the Police’ is more accurate; ‘Reduce the role and funding of the Police, and give some of their budget to underfunded social, mental and education services’ would be even better.
These nut jobs can't be trusted with policing the people they irrationally hate while being given an arsenal, paid for with our tax dollars.

Just because a population of honkey town who's never really been subject to the abuses never thought about a better way to do things doesn't make a reallocation of funds 'stupid'.

What you'll find is that most of the people claiming that are a hell of lot less informed than the people calling for defunding.

Last edited:
From: Silverman, Adam via DPS.VSPMedia <dps.vspmedia@list.vermont.gov>
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:23 AM
Subject: Update - Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Lucas Hall
To: DPS - VSP Media <DPS.VSPMedia@list.vermont.gov>

January 13, 2021

Update - Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Lucas Hall.

Late last evening, prior to the anticipated conclusion of the investigation into his conduct related to the Capitol insurrection, Lucas Hall resigned his position. His unconditional resignation was immediately accepted. The details of the investigation will be forwarded to the Vermont Criminal Justice Council pursuant to Act 56 for consideration of sanctions, including decertification.

Prior Detail - January 7, 2021

Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Sergeant Lucas Hall.

This morning the Vermont State Police received a report of personal, off duty, social media posts by Lucas Hall of the Shaftsbury barracks. These posts appear to support the criminal insurgency that occurred yesterday at the U.S. Capitol...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
From: Silverman, Adam via DPS.VSPMedia <dps.vspmedia@list.vermont.gov>
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:23 AM
Subject: Update - Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Lucas Hall
To: DPS - VSP Media <DPS.VSPMedia@list.vermont.gov>

January 13, 2021

Update - Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Lucas Hall.

Late last evening, prior to the anticipated conclusion of the investigation into his conduct related to the Capitol insurrection, Lucas Hall resigned his position. His unconditional resignation was immediately accepted. The details of the investigation will be forwarded to the Vermont Criminal Justice Council pursuant to Act 56 for consideration of sanctions, including decertification.

Prior Detail - January 7, 2021

Statement of Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling regarding Sergeant Lucas Hall.

This morning the Vermont State Police received a report of personal, off duty, social media posts by Lucas Hall of the Shaftsbury barracks. These posts appear to support the criminal insurgency that occurred yesterday at the U.S. Capitol...

oath.JPG
+ 1

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
These nut jobs can't be trusted with policing the people they irrationally hate while being given an arsenal, paid for with our tax dollars.

Just because a population of honkey town who's never really been subject to the abuses never thought about a better way to do things doesn't make a reallocation of funds 'stupid'.

What you'll find is that most of the people claiming that are a hell of lot less informed than the people calling for defunding.

"Defund" is bad from a branding perspective. Too easy for those interested in maintaining the status quo to scare those who may support "drawing back the scope of police to those jobs best suited for armed goons" but are quick to clutch pearls. But I guess that doesn't fit very well on a sign.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"Defund" is bad from a branding perspective. Too easy for those interested in maintaining the status quo to scare those who may support "drawing back the scope of police to those jobs best suited for armed goons" but are quick to clutch pearls. But I guess that doesn't fit very well on a sign.
Jeesh.

People add one more syllable to "fuck the police" and everyone gets sidetracked.

Honestly though. 20 seconds of reading does wonders. My very first, gut reaction when I heard the term was probably the same. But then literally the next sentence from the person saying made it make sense.

Personally I'm kind of fed up with catering to people who can't take time to understand things, or who deliberately make a straw man out of the term to misrepresent it........like barack obama.

One of the biggest mistake repeats of last summer is black community leaders telling people what's wrong, and then kombucha sipping white people going "I think what you really mean is........"

That's probably more the problem than cops. Condescending, well off white people who don't understand the discussion need to be ignored. Listening to that sect is how we get to wonderful conclusions like "maybe we can just introduce some reasonable police reform". How many decades deep are we on that? Defund is brilliant, not scary. It's the most elegant and straightforward way to meaningfully accomplish what 'reform' always fails to do IMO. It's also kind of just the last resort because nothing else ever works.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jeesh.

People add one more syllable to "fuck the police" and everyone gets sidetracked.

Honestly though. 20 seconds of reading does wonders. My very first, gut reaction when I heard the term was probably the same. But then literally the next sentence from the person saying made it make sense.

Personally I'm kind of fed up with catering to people who can't take time to understand things, or who deliberately make a straw man out of the term to misrepresent it........like barack obama.

One of the biggest mistake repeats of last summer is black community leaders telling people what's wrong, and then kombucha sipping white people going "I think what you really mean is........"

That's probably more the problem than cops. Condescending, well off white people who don't understand the discussion need to be ignored. Listening to that sect is how we get to wonderful conclusions like "maybe we can just introduce some reasonable police reform". How many decades deep are we on that? Defund is brilliant, not scary. It's the most elegant and straightforward way to meaningfully accomplish what 'reform' always fails to do IMO. It's also kind of just the last resort because nothing else ever works.

De-unionize

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Unions,like other organizations, lose their way over some period of time.

What does getting 'back on track' even mean when the formation of the organization was as a slave patrol??

here's a good listen with some really good background on cop unions

The host of that podcast was deployed in fallujah and used to write a bunch of embedded reporter stuff for a few different mags.

Guy who started the portland union (not first, but oldest one in the nation still running apparently) was also an active member of the american nazi party :rofl:

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

This same shit almost happened to me once. Luckily I had my hands in the air and the sheriff didn't pull any triggers on me. He was screaming jibberish and his adrenaline was likely pegged out. In my favor, I did not resemble the people that were running from the cops. I did have a firearm in my pocket but I left it there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

This same shit almost happened to me once. Luckily I had my hands in the air and the sheriff didn't pull any triggers on me. He was screaming jibberish and his adrenaline was likely pegged out. In my favor, I did not resemble the people that were running from the cops. I did have a firearm in my pocket but I left it there.
The incident started when a Bonneville County sheriff's deputy pulled over a vehicle in Idaho Falls for a broken tail light shortly after midnight Monday, according to a statement from the sheriff's office. While the driver remained in the car, the passenger took off running, authorities said.

Idaho Falls police officers and Bonneville County sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene and began searching for the suspect, who was wearing a black shirt and khaki pants and headed in the direction of a residential neighborhood, according to a statement from Idaho Falls police.

Why chase the passenger for a citation for a driver.........much less shoot someone over a broken fucking tail light?

Because cops in america. Fuck anyone who supports this system. This is pointless. And murderous.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I tell you what will solve it. Education. Teaching these fools what is right and proper. Teaching them true versions of history. Teaching them that right is better than might. Teaching that a truly strong nation has its roots in a healthy and educated populace.

However, a time machine and some selective eugenics might help too.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

"....pulled over a vehicle in Idaho Falls for a broken tail light shortly after midnight."

A bullshit fishing expedition. Now a (relatively) innocent man is dead.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I tell you what will solve it. Education. Teaching these fools what is right and proper. Teaching them true versions of history. Teaching them that right is better than might. Teaching that a truly strong nation has its roots in a healthy and educated populace.

However, a time machine and some selective eugenics might help too.
meh

"look over here at the global cabal of pedophiles who just happen to be the people you don't vote for" has a much more appealing ring to it.

You can lead a nazi to purim.........

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just came here to post that, odds are this one will elevate to Supreme Court on 1st amendment standing, but who the fuck knows. I don’t recognize this country anymore.
Surely this was tried in the ‘60’s?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
NYT finally did a journalism

It's funny to see the NYT who notoriously gives favorable coverage to the same assholes profiled in that piece, now be highlighting the real life effects of downplaying the severity of these groups.

This has been a problem with domestic law enforcement since there's been domestic law enforcement. Chuds get away with murder because the chuds ARE law enforcement and law enforcement are chuds in their free time.

Last edited: