kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Border Patrol agents allegedly use “complexion codes” to describe people they’re apprehending, according to the report. More than 96% of those arrested are described as “Black, Dark Brown, Dark, Light Brown, Medium Brown, Medium or Yellow.”

Jesus fucking christ, it was supposed to be a JOKE

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The little crybabies dont even realize that by pointing out an increase in shooting victims, they're really driving home how ineffective they are at protecting the public. Meanwhile robot dogs and this bullshit is what they get to waste people's money on. (in addition to millions in settlement payments of course)

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just shout tazer when you murder someone

CNN : A Minnesota police chief says the officer who fatally shot Wright shouted "Taser!" but fired a gun instead.

A novel adaptation of the "I thought he had a gun" argument with "I didn't know I had a gun".

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just shout tazer when you murder someone

CNN : A Minnesota police chief says the officer who fatally shot Wright shouted "Taser!" but fired a gun instead.

A novel adaptation of the "I thought he had a gun" argument with "I didn't know I had a gun".
The problem is, this is totally plausible...but someone pays with their life when it happens. It's how screwed up the system is.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The problem is, this is totally plausible...but someone pays with their life when it happens. It's how screwed up the system is.
that is NOT totally plausible. Guns and tasers are carried on opposite hips, have a 1-2 pound weight difference, look NOTHING alike and nobody is going to convince me she made an honest mistake. It's just not believable. THAT SAID, even if we accept she made a mistake she needs to be charged with manslaughter, like immediately.

edit: not arguing with you Jm, I just can't believe that this is the reasoning for what happened.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
that is NOT totally plausible. Guns and tasers are carried on opposite hips, have a 1-2 pound weight difference, look NOTHING alike and nobody is going to convince me she made an honest mistake. It's just not believable. THAT SAID, even if we accept she made a mistake she needs to be charged with manslaughter, like immediately.

edit: not arguing with you Jm, I just can't believe that this is the reasoning for what happened.
I have a MS in Human Factors/Ergonomics and errors like this are discussed and the science behind them. It's basically that a few times out of say, 10,000, the cop would pull the taser out when they meant to pull the gun out. A few other times they would pull the gun out when they meant to pull the taser out. The brain goes into an "automatic" process in these cases and they *think* they are doing it the right way. Hit Rate, Correct Rejection, False Positive, etc. Signal detection theory. This is why we automate tasks, because machines do not do this. The consequences of this type of error can be dire, death in this case. One of the problems is that our whole system of "non-lethal" is pretty screwed up and the system is set up for the officer to "engage". Like why engage when you can just follow them until you have adequate support to not have to place in a life-and-death situation, etc. No matter how "good" the human is, this will always make up a small % of situations, unless you somehow design the hazard out of the system, like only give them tazers. That may not be a realistic solution, but it's just used to illustrate what would have to change to make it not happen. Then people would still get tazered where the human did honestly/knowingly not intend to use it, but then we go around the circle again. Training can help to mitigate, but it's a poor control, because it does not remove the hazard and the error will still happen.

Last edited:
I have a MS in Human Factors/Ergonomics and errors like this are discussed and the science behind them. It's basically that a few times out of say, 10,000, the cop would pull the taser out when they meant to pull the gun out. A few other times they would pull the gun out when they meant to pull the taser out. The brain goes into an "automatic" process in these cases and they *think* they are doing it the right way. Hit Rate, Correct Rejection, False Positive, etc. Signal detection theory. This is why we automate tasks, because machines do not do this. The consequences of this type of error can be dire, death in this case. One of the problems is that our whole system of "non-lethal" is pretty screwed up and the system is set up for the officer to "engage". Like why engage when you can just follow them until you have adequate support to not have to place in a life-and-death situation, etc. No matter how "good" the human is, this will always make up a small % of situations, unless you somehow design the hazard out of the system, like only give them tazers. That may not be a realistic solution, but it's just used to illustrate what would have to change to make it not happen. Then people would still get tazered where the human did honestly/knowingly not intend to use it, but then we go around the circle again. Training can help to mitigate, but it's a poor control, because it does not remove the hazard and the error will still happen.
Irrespective of human factors, the officer should at the least be out of his job and permanently banned from the profession.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Five counties are unlock down tonight, I am in one of them.

Coworker lives next to the police station that was the center point of all of this, needless to say he didn't get to sleep last night.

I heard a hundred businesses got loaded last night Brooklyn center Brooklyn Park is two different cities but mostly lower income people shit ain't going to be good there for a while.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Five counties are unlock down tonight, I am in one of them.

Coworker lives next to the police station that was the center point of all of this, needless to say he didn't get to sleep last night.

I heard a hundred businesses got loaded last night Brooklyn center Brooklyn Park is two different cities but mostly lower income people shit ain't going to be good there for a while.
Well covid is over and things are back to normal. What a relief

Stay safe Dan.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Irrespective of human factors, the officer should at the least be out of his job and permanently banned from the profession.
Well, that's the "punish the individual" idea rather than "fix the system", just waiting until the swiss cheese holes line up perfectly again for the next person that gets killed due to something similar.

It has to be looked at and investigated. Just because someone shot someone instead of used a taser does NOT mean that what I posted above was why. It's just a possible reason why. It could be that despite training and policies, the police officer intentionally acted the way they did, always pulling their gun out or in situations where the taser is what training and policy would dictate. That's where history, witnesses and interview come into it. If it ends up that it was a non-intentional error because of what I said above, firing and punishing the individual basically guarantees it will happen again at some point and erodes the ability of anyone on the force to admit to and report errors, because they know non-preventable human errors will be punished. Then a toxic company culture prevails. That is not a good place to be.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
a hundred businesses
But of course that gets more coverage than what the cops did last night. Not talking about the shooting, I mean what they did AFTER the shooting.

Also, it was a woman who shot him. The body cam footage is out there now. Which means she might actually suffer consequences. They only punish women and minority cops, just like real life on the job.

Understandable though. She'd only been a cop for 25 years. Can't expect perfection from rookies

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited: