Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Probably just totally unique. definitely not a pattern. Just one single bad apple.

The city’s investigator also described four witnesses who alleged that White’s abuse of his first wife was much worse than has been previously disclosed, and included allegations of him holding her face to a stove, burning her hair, and kicking and choking her. The investigator wrote “it was confirmed” that White’s former wife “repeatedly reported both physical and mental abuse” to the department but the department’s internal affairs office did not investigate until she sought a restraining order in May 1999.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

:thumbsdown:. Crashed into a tree. Whoops, no, jk, he died on the way to the hospital. Lol, our bad, that wasn't it either. It was actually an episode after we beat the shit out of an already restrained man and didn't monitor his condition or render aid. Oh, and didn't release the body cam footage or launch an investigation until a year after his death, despite the officers involved having prior accusations of assaulting citizens. Got it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

:thumbsdown:. Crashed into a tree. Whoops, no, jk, he died on the way to the hospital. Lol, our bad, that wasn't it either. It was actually an episode after we beat the shit out of an already restrained man and didn't monitor his condition or render aid. Oh, and didn't release the body cam footage or launch an investigation until a year after his death, despite the officers involved having prior accusations of assaulting citizens. Got it.
Look man, we just need to root out the very small percentage of bad ones, even though they've made that almost completely impossible to actually do, and it's not actually a small percentage.

See? Problem solved. Imma go back to eating my cheerios and counting my bitcoin so I can ignore all this.

That's straight up murder games. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the same police force who literally just picked off people walking across a bridge with rifles as they were trying to get out of flooding after Katrina.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not sure if poopdeck.
Even if it is, I will suffer a Woo nipple attack as it bears repeating.
And good old America's hat - Canukistan is pulling up a strong second. :disgust1:

That's an unfair comparison. Article says "developed countries", and we haven't been a developed country for most of my life. If not longer.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
The graph is also a bit statistically weird; it is deaths per 10 million, but we only have 5 million people in Aotearoa, so that is actually double our deaths. I can’t actually remember the last time someone got killed by the police.

People who get shot by the cops here have to be doing something insanely bad, I would say normally they are people who have completely lost it for whatever reason and are beyond sanity. Even that cunt who killed 50 people in Chch got taken down without lethal force, in fact far from it.

DA2AEAE0-62E7-4E05-870B-84CB60D16E46.jpeg

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last person I can think of (I know there has one or more since But I can't recall the specifics) was the courier driver shot by accident during an armed standoff on the Auckland motorway about 5-6 years ago.
I do wonder for those stats if they are including deaths by people crashing a vehicle while being pursued?
I know in NZ those deaths are often attibuted as being the fault of the police?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl: *

*they already joined a far right extremist group

The 66-page PowerPoint presentation for staff also included a lengthy section on “the extreme left”, warning officers about “Karl Marx’s influence”; the history of the Black Panther party; anti-fascist groups’ vandalism and “improvised weapons”; and animal rights and anti-war protesters.

"both sides":rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl: *

*they already joined a far right extremist group

The 66-page PowerPoint presentation for staff also included a lengthy section on “the extreme left”, warning officers about “Karl Marx’s influence”; the history of the Black Panther party; anti-fascist groups’ vandalism and “improvised weapons”; and animal rights and anti-war protesters.

"both sides":rofl:
In an ideal America the police will exercise extrajudicial violence equally no matter the victims race or politics.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So it ain't just McDonald's struggling to hire racists.

"it's working"

Now we'll just end up like the US military in the mid/late 2000s where they start dropping all their standards (heh) and we end up with even dumber, more violent really really really wanna be cops.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you're like me (and I know I am), the more you read into the history and development of american policing and the systems that props it up, the more defunding makes sense. That wasn't just pulled out of someone's ass somewhere because a cop was mean to them.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Not all assholes are cops but almost all cops are....