Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds about right :rofl:

The lawsuit alleges that by refusing the help, law enforcement officers violated the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 because they were aware of “acts of violent political intimidation” but did not take appropriate steps to prevent the Trump supporters from intimidating eligible voters.

The provision of the Klan Act that the plaintiffs are citing in the lawsuit has laid dormant for years, but saw a resurgence under the Trump administration, according to Project Democracy lawyer John Paredes, who is representing some of the plaintiffs. It was also recently cited in a federal lawsuit against Trump after the Jan. 6 insurrection.
Man, reading some of the names of the accused and I can't help but wonder if they're the byproduct of cousin fucking

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the movie "The Trial of the Chicago 7" was one of the better movies I'd seen in recent times.
that ending was sooooooo fucking cheesy :rofl:

I have a bunch of friends who were/are good Chicago cops.
serious question though: how would you really know?

And what defines a 'good cop?'

One who lets his bros beat the shit out of people but doesn't do any himself so he's all good? Cops who try to bring accountability to their departments get fired, demoted, hassled/harassed.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that ending was sooooooo fucking cheesy :rofl:

serious question though: how would you really know?

And what defines a 'good cop?'

One who lets his bros beat the shit out of people but doesn't do any himself so he's all good? Cops who try to bring accountability to their departments get fired, demoted, hassled/harassed.
I assume they held "the few bad apples" accountable.

Edit:. I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Because I know them.

Never mind. You and westy have it all figured out. :thumb:
That was my question: you know them as people, not as cops. So how do you know they're "good cops?"

No need to get defensive it really was a genuine question. Lots of my friends know I'm a hydrologist but they don't don't know if I'm any good at it or not, because they'd have no way of knowing. I could be forging the shit out of some data with lolflcopter as a forumula.

Last edited:
That was my question: you know them as people, not as cops. So how do you know they're "good cops?"

No need to get defensive it really was a genuine question. Lots of my friends know I'm a hydrologist but they don't don't know if I'm any good at it or not, because they'd have no way of knowing. I could be forging the shit out of some data with lolflcopter as a forumula.
I have had four friends who were Vermont state troopers. They were good people, but enmeshed in the weird police culture/religion that pervaded the organized thuggery of the profession.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

sorry.
taking that approach, I don't know. but it's a topic we've talked about, and I believe I know.
many would no longer recommend getting into policing. not because it's more dangerous than before (which it is) but because it's still dangerous + public perception of 1 bad apple = all bad apples diminishes any satisfaction that existed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
public perception of 1 bad apple = all bad apples diminishes any satisfaction that existed.
"public perception"
Man, we gotta get away from that analogy. It's been said so many times that on one knows how else to address the topic. Most people know it's not just about an individual, or even a handful.

Chicago is a unique one. Gigantic sections of the city that absolutely will not call police, for anything (hence all the 'self-policing). But it's gotta be pretty bad, for a pretty long time that entire neighborhoods just all know that they will not be calling police for anything because they just understand someone will die if they do.

To me a 'good cop in chicago' would mean something very particular. What are his (or their) thoughts on working there?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Meanwhile.........

how it started

how it ended up :rofl:

for the english majors, that's 0.1%

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Meanwhile.........

how it started

Did they teach you to drop significant digits in science school?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Meanwhile.........

how it started

Lots of "early" retirements too.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
This somehow made it into my consciousness.

_Imposter_️ (@Imposter_Edits) Tweeted:
(CW: Police violence)

Police spray and tase students at Little Elm Highschool in Texas after a walk out for a girl who was sexually assaulted and put on suspension. this afternoon. https://t.co/SEenszaAdD

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Thats a rather disgusting account of events.

They never learn...

“We understand that these officers have a difficult job and put their lives on the line every day, and for this, we are extremely grateful. The vast majority of our officers do their jobs with honor and ensure that the citizens they are entrusted to protect and serve are treated fairly and with respect.”

The $650K will come from the city’s insurance

I wonder how long these insurers keep it up. If I remember correctly LAPD couldnt get insured at a certain point not too long ago.

Last edited: