Quantcast

###Eff this Sh!t Fritag GMT###

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so damn glad this is the last workday of this shit show week at work. It going to take a long bike ride tomorrow to clear the crap out of my head.

On the other hand I feel surprisingly fresh for going for an hour long cardio session on the elliptical last night then staying up way too late

Off to short bus land it is...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

A sketchy, icy commute in this morning. Everything that melted yesterday, rearranged itself into a very hockey rink-like situation. That being said, I'm really proud of how well my NC brethren have performed in this years snow. I will award us a solid C minus. Good job, NC!

Headed to the mountains after work with the family to go skiing. Looking forward to it - I have vision in my head of my son having a great time and begging us to stay a little longer so he can take one more run....what's going to actually happen, is that we'll get all of our sh*t up there, pay the money, and he'll take one run, fall down, and then be ready to go.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello ROLF! It's a sunny day and the roads are clear, yet there were multiple accidents driving into work. I dunno. I swam 3000 yards this morning, and it was a tough workout and now my upper body feels all wobbly. So anyway, it looks like a great weekend for skiing and my wife will surely enjoy that while I spend both days working. EFF. But that is what I signed up for when I took this job.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Another ugh day on tap. Luckily, the weekend begins in only 6 hours 57 minutes. There is another thing for me to look forward to - Fedex should deliver my new lunch box sized guitar tube amp before the end of the day. I am ready to generate some serious noise.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My wife is seriously considering pulling the plug on having Internets at our house. We can only get internet 2 sources where we live. One requires you to have cable to get internet services and the other (which we currently have) is very expensive for what it is. I will miss Netflix and Hulu, but will become way more productive at home. We went a few years with out it and were fine. I think I am gonna tell her to do it.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My wife is seriously considering pulling the plug on having Internets at our house. We can only get internet 2 sources where we live. One requires you to have cable to get internet services and the other (which we currently have) is very expensive for what it is. I will miss Netflix and Hulu, but will become way more productive at home. We went a few years with out it and were fine. I think I am gonna tell her to do it.
you should see if your cell provider has a unlimited pr0nz streaming package.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Done with today and done with this week. Just one thing after another, we can't get our shit together and I'm over putting in the extra time and effort when people continue to want to do business in a piss poor fashion.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had a great ride last night. perfect snow, best trail in town, good company. capped off with a pit-stop at the pub. slept ok-ish, but feel like shit this morning.

looking forward to beer and whisky tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damnnnn, it's supposed to be 41F tomorrow. Excitingggggg.

At the shop getting my coolant flushed out and thermostat replaced.

Might go for a ride tonight. Might not.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning primates.

Knee still isn't feeling 100% so I probably shouldn't do any skiing this weekend (although that still may not stop me). I guess that's what ibuprofen and beer is for.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Damnnnn, it's supposed to be 41F tomorrow. Excitingggggg.

At the shop getting my coolant flushed out and thermostat replaced.

Might go for a ride tonight. Might not.
Here too. it's going to fuck all the outdoor recreation opportunities: xc skiing, skating on the canal, fatbiking. I suppose there's still toboganning and DH skiing. Hmmmm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New computer is so fast! New computer has all of my programs! New computer didn't transfer over any of my bookmarks... I've spent the last hour plus trying to track down my remote desktop from before to get my bookmarks, as my job is mostly cloud based. Giddy.

Positive note, skiing tomorrow morning with Haley then she's off to class and I can get onto my board.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
skiing all weekend. hoping for a pow day on sunday.
although supposed to ride with my girl and we think her car got stolen last night with her board & boots in it, so thats weird.
going to the observatory to look at stars tonight if the cloud cover aint too bad.
...now its time to work on Petite Amateurs Got Bush. :/

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Getting ready for monocle harassment... Cost of day care + house cleaning + car insurance for unused 3rd car, factoring largely unused basement suite = we're actively looking into the au pair option for Hannah and Haley's summer care (total $2500/m).

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:rofl:

Got any screenshots? :brows:
This one chick in this scene has pupils the size of dinner plates & Im like 'this chick is spun but kinda hot' and sure enough I see that she has a tattoo of a DMT molecule on her thigh. Trippy chicks rule.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

63 today? I *may* just put on my big boy pants, and drag my fat ass out for a ride. I've really fallen off the fitness wagon since the holidaze. Very little running, zero biking, and not much in the way of skiing. Time to get on it.

weekend for skiing and my wife will surely enjoy that while I spend both days working.
I, too, will be working this weekend. Meh.
Hi five!

...now its time to work on Petite Amateurs Got Bush. :/
This may be an unpopular opinion, but to me, your job actually sounds like a special kind of hell. It sounds awesome at first but I bet it gets weird pretty quick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think my computer is trying to call it quits.

Here too. it's going to fuck all the outdoor recreation opportunities: xc skiing, skating on the canal, fatbiking. I suppose there's still toboganning and DH skiing. Hmmmm
We're still going to try some fat biking tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it isn't too bad, maybe the trees will help shade the trails a little. We're going to try to get to some of the big hills, in hopes of carrying some momentum...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Getting ready for monocle harassment... Cost of day care + house cleaning + car insurance for unused 3rd car, factoring largely unused basement suite = we're actively looking into the au pair option for Hannah and Haley's summer care (total $2500/m).
Daycare dude.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We're still going to try some fat biking tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it isn't too bad, maybe the trees will help shade the trails a little. We're going to try to get to some of the big hills, in hopes of carrying some momentum...
Not to sound like "one of those people" but careful not to fuck yourself over too bad. It is possible to leave deep ruts that freeze in place. If there is no fresh new snow to fill them in, you might regret it later on... It might be a good opportunity to snowshoe them in, pack them down, and make some berms (and sweet jumps!)....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
remember to factor in the time saved not getting to and from daycare, and the stress that adds to the family... especially in places with uncertain weather. I have neighbours that did that for years. I was always envious of them. I found it especially stressful at work, having a very rigid schedule. No ability to stay late to pitch in when there was a crunch, limited ability to get in early either. Their care provider started with them when their kids were of daycare age, and stayed through to this year with the kids in grade 6 and 4. When the kids got to school age, the care provider took on some other toddlers to supplement her income. We thought of putting our kids with them, but our neighbours are kinda assholes so dealing with them wasn't worth the trouble. :D

what I would give right now not to have to schlep the kids to and from school though... especially since my wife broke her leg.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
remember to factor in the time saved not getting to and from daycare, and the stress that adds to the family... especially in places with uncertain weather. I have neighbours that did that for years. I was always envious of them. I found it especially stressful at work, having a very rigid schedule. No ability to stay late to pitch in when there was a crunch, limited ability to get in early either. Their care provider started with them when their kids were of daycare age, and stayed through to this year with the kids in grade 6 and 4. When the kids got to school age, the care provider took on some other toddlers to supplement her income. We thought of putting our kids with them, but our neighbours are kinda assholes so dealing with them wasn't worth the trouble. :D

what I would give right now not to have to schlep the kids to and from school though... especially since my wife broke her leg.
That's a big part of what I'm thinking about too. Wifey's not super comfortable with somebody living with us though. Then again, she has never lived with anybody else outside of her sorority sisters for 2 years in college. She's always had her own place.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Daycare dude.
Before/After school care for Haley is $125/week. Home daycare with hours that are wide enough for our hours costs the same as Primrose: 6am-6:30pm. House cleaning - $200/m. Summer camp for Haley is $400/week and has shorter hours 7-5, which is making our scheduled really hard to work around. Time is money, dude.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not to sound like "one of those people" but careful not to fuck yourself over too bad. It is possible to leave deep ruts that freeze in place. If there is no fresh new snow to fill them in, you might regret it later on... It might be a good opportunity to snowshoe them in, pack them down, and make some berms (and sweet jumps!)....
I hear ya. We won't be going on any groomed hills. This will be way off into the forest where the groomers don't go and not many of the locals have been going either. If its a total poo-show I think we will break out the snow shoes.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That's a big part of what I'm thinking about too. Wifey's not super comfortable with somebody living with us though. Then again, she has never lived with anybody else outside of her sorority sisters for 2 years in college. She's always had her own place.
then hire one of her old sorority sisters to be your au pair.

you're welcome! :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
make sure she is hot...and british. Hot & British nannies take the best care, im sure.