Quantcast

&&&Eff this shiznitz turdsday GMT &&&

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a bit of a pucker moment this morning on the way in. Icy rain last night but the roads were 99% clean. The 1% came when I have to make a quick lane change and go from 40 to right hand turn in a short period of time. Locked em up and just slid, luckily the tires hooked as I hit the cross street and ripped it around. Oof.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Freezing fog last night has turned to snow. Sidewalk and driveway is a shit show, so I assume roads are teh same. Believe I will stay indoors today. Cut the ever living bejesus out of my thumb making dinner last night, right on the knuckle of course, so 12 hours later I'm still occasionally bleeding all over everything. Also bought a Google Home yesterday to replace my sounddock that recently crapped out. It's not bose sound, but it's pretty good. Put it in the kitchen, nice to be able to look stuff up hands free. I'm sure the novelty will wear off at some point, I didn't really need such a contraption. The voice response is amusing until I asked it who the leader of the free world was. :(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One day closer to the weekend. New skis should arrive today (time to ask dear wife for forgiveness), planning to hit the slopes on Sunday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Took 15min to get enough ice off the windows of the subaru to drive in this am. Commute was slow.

Rode the tri bike for 1.5 hours last night with a split saddle (ISM Adamo). No nutter issues, just too tired to ride more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> Put it in the kitchen, nice to be able to look stuff up hands free. I'm sure the novelty will wear off at some point, I didn't really need such a contraption. The voice response is amusing until I asked it who the leader of the free world was. :(
Ask it Holy Grail questions. That's the only "useful" thing we've been able to get the Amazon thing to do. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Snow and ice projected for a 4:00 start, just in time for the commute home. Crap on Friday should mean a slow burn weekend.

So my "waterproof" car cover isn't (shocked, I know). So I figured I would put the tarp on under the cover so it looks classy AND is functionally waterproof. When I got home last night, the car cover was on despite 50+ mph winds, but somehow the tarp (that wasn't secured but under the cover) was in the neighbors bushes. I didn't have the belly strap on the cover, so I put that on. See if the tarp stays in place now. Moar winds today, yay.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
cy rain last night but the roads were 99% clean. The 1%
Sidewalk and driveway is a shit show, so I assume roads are teh same.
All this. Maybe only 1 mm of ice but pretty damn slippery. I could slide for about 5 feet on the level alleyway from ~5 mph... with Nokians.

Last sick day for pneumonia is today. I'll have to go to work tomorrow: 1 day of work out of the adjacent 14. Harumph. Due to the ice situation and still feeling a bit under the weather in general I'll drive in. Gotta get healthy enough to enjoy skiing on Superbowl Sunday!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
All this. Maybe only 1 mm of ice but pretty damn slippery. I could slide for about 5 feet on the level alleyway from ~5 mph... with Nokians.

Last sick day for pneumonia is today. I'll have to go to work tomorrow: 1 day of work out of the adjacent 14. Harumph. Due to the ice situation and still feeling a bit under the weather in general I'll drive in. Gotta get healthy enough to enjoy skiing on Superbowl Sunday!
Did you even vacation, bro?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Did you even vacation, bro?
4 nights in Winter Park with 3.5 days of skiing turned into 2 nights and 0.5 day of skiing. So not really. Eating those two nights' sunk cost wasn't pleasant--no refunds, of course.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Slick as hell outside, need to make a shopping run, finish laundry, then it's Snob night 2.0 . And for those that will ask, Lagavulin 16 year, Glen Fiddich 18 year in new American oak, buddy is bringing a 16 year Aberfeldy, and other buddy is bringing some Japanese whisky he says is pretty damn good. Last one is bringing an oatmeal stout from Madison brewery to finish off the night.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work rant: One of the guys on my team constantly has questionable documentation of client interactions, often times which push him higher in the team rankings than he should be - impacting comp of the others on the team. I've brought this up multiple times, to no avail and hit limit today.

We had a system failure earlier this week that kept us from getting into Saleforce, so you couldn't even get into people's accounts. Person calls to get out of our service and he can't pull them up, so tells will call back. We have to call people back same day, before close of market because it can impact sell prices, etc. Dude tells them that he will call back and never does. I get the call (two days later) and get an unhappy client to start with, who is leaving because of the customer service primarily.

Dude straight up tells me (and mgr sitting next to me who can hear) that he couldn't call her back because he was out yesterday (next day, which is a big no-no). Stumbles that he couldn't pull her account up to take her out of the service, when he was able to get into SF to log it as retained business. This is f'd up because the way our comp works is based on the ratio of people leaving the service vs. staying (retention rate). That then is comp'd to the group. He's stating a retain vs. leave, while I'm getting a leave, hitting me on two levels - reduce my ratio and increase his. I managed to keep the business, but I still get set equal to him on this client vs ahead - again comp impacting.

He and the manager are buddies outside of work, so nothing happens in these situations normally. Calling him on it does dick all of nothing, which sucks because that ratio and placing can cost me thousands in comp per year. I hate that isht.

/rant

**When I started typing this I was extra agitated as nothing was coming of it. I just over heard manager laying into him on the open floor (whole team can hear) about how that kind of logging is BS. That he doesn't want to hear of it happening again and if anybody sees that kind of BS logging from anybody to let him know because of how it impacts comp.
Very excited! >> Being a rat pays sometimes. :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work rant: One of the guys on my team constantly has questionable documentation of client interactions, often times which push him higher in the team rankings than he should be - impacting comp of the others on the team. I've brought this up multiple times, to no avail and hit limit today.

We had a system failure earlier this week that kept us from getting into Saleforce, so you couldn't even get into people's accounts. Person calls to get out of our service and he can't pull them up, so tells will call back. We have to call people back same day, before close of market because it can impact sell prices, etc. Dude tells them that he will call back and never does. I get the call (two days later) and get an unhappy client to start with, who is leaving because of the customer service primarily.

Dude straight up tells me (and mgr sitting next to me who can hear) that he couldn't call her back because he was out yesterday (next day, which is a big no-no). Stumbles that he couldn't pull her account up to take her out of the service, when he was able to get into SF to log it as retained business. This is f'd up because the way our comp works is based on the ratio of people leaving the service vs. staying (retention rate). That then is comp'd to the group. He's stating a retain vs. leave, while I'm getting a leave, hitting me on two levels - reduce my ratio and increase his. I managed to keep the business, but I still get set equal to him on this client vs ahead - again comp impacting.

He and the manager are buddies outside of work, so nothing happens in these situations normally. Calling him on it does dick all of nothing, which sucks because that ratio and placing can cost me thousands in comp per year. I hate that isht.

/rant

**When I started typing this I was extra agitated as nothing was coming of it. I just over heard manager laying into him on the open floor (whole team can hear) about how that kind of logging is BS. That he doesn't want to hear of it happening again and if anybody sees that kind of BS logging from anybody to let him know because of how it impacts comp.
Very excited! >> Being a rat pays sometimes. :)
you can always go to your manager's manager

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkies! 7.5 miles on the tread mill and 1600 meters in the pool, both efforts took me 90 minutes.

Yesterday exempt managers were made aware of an upcoming VERP opportunity with staged exits every 90 days through fall, we epect a 20% turnover. I expect substantial downsizing in 2017, the uncertainty of import tarrifs is hastening a 5 year plan to exit low productivity leases due to the negative impact Trump proposals will have on profits. Meh, I'm too young for the buyout but it would be nice if they have another one in 4 years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yesterday exempt managers were made aware of an upcoming VERP opportunity with staged exits every 90 days through fall, we epect a 20% turnover. I expect substantial downsizing in 2017, the uncertainty of import tarrifs is hastening a 5 year plan to exit low productivity leases due to the negative impact Trump proposals will have on profits. Meh, I'm too young for the buyout but it would be nice if they have another one in 4 years.
translation: take the package, or we'll can you later.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Holy intimidating interview, Batman. Consisted of me fielding questions from 7 guys at the same time in a conference room. Was not expecting that. Started off slow, awkward and bumbly, but by the end of the hour we were all laughing and talking as friends.

As for an offer coming out of it, I'm not quite sure how to read it. I made it clear what I can do and what I'm willing to learn, so time will tell. Seems like it would be a much better fit for me, though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Holy intimidating interview, Batman. Consisted of me fielding questions from 7 guys at the same time in a conference room. Was not expecting that. Started off slow, awkward and bumbly, but by the end of the hour we were all laughing and talking as friends.

As for an offer coming out of it, I'm not quite sure how to read it. I made it clear what I can do and what I'm willing to learn, so time will tell. Seems like it would be a much better fit for me, though.
i hate panel interviews.

the interview i had for my current job was a 7 hour ordeal, started and ended with 30 minutes of panel, with 1:1 interviews with everyone on the panel in between

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i hate panel interviews.

the interview i had for my current job was a 7 hour ordeal, started and ended with 30 minutes of panel, with 1:1 interviews with everyone on the panel in between
That's pretty similar to the interviews for my current job, but never before was there 7 people at once like that, all of whom I'd never met (despite being within my company, albeit a massive one).

I went from thinking I had 0 chance at the beginning to optimistic by the end, so I'm happy overall. I would think they expect a slow start with that approach, anyway.