Quantcast

&&&Eff this shiznitz turdsday GMT &&&

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's pretty similar to the interviews for my current job, but never before was there 7 people at once like that, all of whom I'd never met (despite being within my company, albeit a massive one).

I went from thinking I had 0 chance at the beginning to optimistic by the end, so I'm happy overall. I would think they expect a slow start with that approach, anyway.
if your company is anything like mine (i'm suspecting some reasonable similarities given the same industry) part of the interview is to see how good of a fit you'd be with the team, not just your technical chops.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Holy intimidating interview, Batman. Consisted of me fielding questions from 7 guys at the same time in a conference room. Was not expecting that. Started off slow, awkward and bumbly, but by the end of the hour we were all laughing and talking as friends.

As for an offer coming out of it, I'm not quite sure how to read it. I made it clear what I can do and what I'm willing to learn, so time will tell. Seems like it would be a much better fit for me, though.
Best of luck to you! :thumb:

When I interviewed for my first GM position it was for a unit with some serious ethical issues and, while no longer union, was union until 1996. All the supervisory positions were held by union members who could remember when... they were sue happy and represented something like 12 percent of the regions arbitration workload.

Anyhow that interview lasted 5 hours with one bathroom break, I walked out of it without a clue on how I did and I didnt hear anything for 30 days so I assumed I didnt get the appointment. Turns out the legal team reviewed the transcripts to see I was the sort of manager who could control liability and keep associated legal costs to a minimum.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i hate panel interviews.

the interview i had for my current job was a 7 hour ordeal, started and ended with 30 minutes of panel, with 1:1 interviews with everyone on the panel in between
I did 2 separate all day interviews at my previous gig a year apart (interviewed with 75% of the same folks the second time). :rofl:

My interview for this job was 15 minutes on the phone. Boss seems to think they are a solid judge of character. :panic:

I hope I can stomach this place until I die of an unfortunate accident, interviewing sucks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My last interview consisted from several rounds of panel interviews, personality type test, cognitive abilities test, and a puzzle solving session. No wonder we are a bunch of azzholez.

On a different topic, grandma died today. Fuck. I am not a grandchild anymore.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My last interview consisted from several rounds of panel interviews, personality type test, cognitive abilities test, and a puzzle solving session. No wonder we are a bunch of azzholez.

On a different topic, grandma died today. Fuck. I am not a grandchild anymore.
Bummer, my condolences as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@StiHacka, sorry to hear.

Everyone here is freaking out because they keep pushing the storm. It was 4PM, now it is 1AM tomorrow. I have a feeling it won't hit until noon tomorrow.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dear girl in front of my apartment in black BMW idling with your lights on and texting for over 30 minutes,

Don't be girl in front of my apartment in black BMW idling with your lights on and texting for over 30 minutes,

Thanks,

Me

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dear girl in front of my apartment in black BMW idling with your lights on and texting for over 30 minutes,

Don't be girl in front of my apartment in black BMW idling with your lights on and texting for over 30 minutes,

Thanks,

Me
go out with some hooks and ask her if she would like to hang by her boobies from your ceiling for a bit. She will either move or say yes. either one is a win

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wow that was really hard. I decided to do a high intensity 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I went all out for as long as I could hold it then slightly backed off to recover and then went for it again. I have been done for 30 minutes and I am still feeling it. Resting HR is now at 68 bpm. During one of the all out sessions I hit 180BPM

I am having a blast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just barfed. Been having chills and upset stomach two nights in a row. Stomach virus ? G r e a t…

In other news it’s been so warm lately that I trimmed my beard and now, of course, it’s going to snow tomorrow. Screw you Puxatawny Phil !

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wow that was really hard. I decided to do a high intensity 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I went all out for as long as I could hold it then slightly backed off to recover and then went for it again. I have been done for 30 minutes and I am still feeling it. Resting HR is now at 68 bpm. During one of the all out sessions I hit 180BPM

I am having a blast

Dong shed results?