Quantcast

Eff UPS...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
UPS sucks.. rat bastards.. they usually show up here around 6 pm.. well today they showed up at 3:30... sig required on my frame,no one home. This order has been the most problematic ever. Starting with the frame not getting to the shop on time(1-2 days late). The shop almost screwing up the shipping address( i caught the problem just as the guy was scanning the box onto the truck, were talking almost fubar'ed by a cunt hair) Finally its on its way, supposed to be here on time for the weekend. UPS shows up gawd damn early this ONE time. I even left work 2 hrs early (paid hourly) to be home around the time UPS shows up here. Another weekend bikeless. Had the frame got to the shop on time it would be here and I'd be a happy camper. Im going to go get drunk now. /rantoff :nopity:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Or you could quit whining, as it was your own damned fault. Go to the hub and pick up the stupid frame instead of bitching. Or send it non-sig required next time.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
fiddy_ryder said:
my fault huh... sure skippy, whatever you say...i already called the hub.. waiting for the call back.. we shall see..
They'll call you back, inform you that you have until 9:30 to pick it up, and you'll whine again because your soup was cold because you had to go pick it up...right?

UPS doesn't have a ground time commitment, just a business day. :nopity:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I usually just stick a note on my door that says "UPS please leave package" and sign it.

Chico, those pics are quite cryptic...dude, wht's with the Millionaire pic? :rofl:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
chicodude said:
They'll call you back, inform you that you have until 9:30 to pick it up, and you'll whine again because your soup was cold because you had to go pick it up...right?

UPS doesn't have a ground time commitment, just a business day. :nopity:
no I'll whine because the beer I just cracked will be warm.

J

JRB

It's not UPS. They don't require a sig. Be pissed at the shipper.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
fiddy_ryder said:
UPS sucks.. rat bastards.. they usually show up here around 6 pm.. well today they showed up at 3:30... sig required on my frame,no one home. This order has been the most problematic ever. Starting with the frame not getting to the shop on time(1-2 days late). The shop almost screwing up the shipping address( i caught the problem just as the guy was scanning the box onto the truck, were talking almost fubar'ed by a cunt hair) Finally its on its way, supposed to be here on time for the weekend. UPS shows up gawd damn early this ONE time. I even left work 2 hrs early (paid hourly) to be home around the time UPS shows up here. Another weekend bikeless. Had the frame got to the shop on time it would be here and I'd be a happy camper. Im going to go get drunk now. /rantoff :nopity:
Call UPS and have them "will-call" your package; that way you can just pick it up at the UPS customer counter. It's hard to tell exactly when UPS will be at your house; sometimes drivers have better days than others...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
loco said:
It's not UPS. They don't require a sig. Be pissed at the shipper.
That's not exactly true. If the area is considered a "high claims" area, then a signature would be required. UPS will only "driver release" packages to certain areas. However, the driver should have made in "indirect" (leaving it with a neighbor) attempt on the package. Believe it or not, UPS drivers tend to get a trouble if they bring packages back with them at the end of the day.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
the Inbred said:
USPS left my DOC sitting at the front door.

The post office is different, they don't care if they lose money. Not to mention that UPS will leave a package at the front door, if it is a safe area.

The post office left a box of blank checks at my door, and I live in a townhouse...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
blt2ride said:
That's not exactly true. If the area is considered a "high claims" area, then a signature would be required. UPS will only "driver release" packages to certain areas. However, the driver should have made in "indirect" (leaving it with a neighbor) attempt on the package. Believe it or not, UPS drivers tend to get a trouble if they bring packages back with them at the end of the day.
You're wrong, they do what they are told. Why would they try a neighbors house, maybe the neighbors don't like or know you. So why would they take a package for you unless it's specified?