Quantcast

>>>Effing Monderp GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Not ready for this shit. Gimmie coffee.

On tap. 3 days on the short bus then a lovely expenses paid trip to god damn Fresno for a two day class,( 4 hour drive each way) kill me now. Could be worse I suppose, the wife just flew to her coporate offices in Detroit for a week:bonk:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Coffee brewed. Lunch made. Trying to get out before the girls get up so I can get in an extra hour of study in the morning today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Woke up to wife's alarm clock, no need to chase the train this morning. My wild rollercoaster ride is still on, quite a few things may change before the end of this week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work....

I think tonight I will go get a new saw and do some trail cleanup. Trails we rode yesterday were littered with trees and random crappola.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
another day in shorts, another sub-ten minute commute. If correlation does not = causation, I don't know what does.

grass on the museum lawns has turned green. is this a sure sign of spring?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Reading ultrasound today. Interviewing a faculty candidate during the day, and group dinner with said candidate at El Five tonight. This is all well and good but the dinner logistics mean that my plans to ride in today have been thwarted.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
another day in shorts, another sub-ten minute commute. If correlation does not = causation, I don't know what does.

grass on the museum lawns has turned green. is this a sure sign of spring?
Be careful.... don't want to jinx it with that green and spring talk. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a fun day today. Trying to get the rest of the organization up to speed on the framework we built so we can finish building it out. I think I did ok not pissing off the larger org so there should be little pushback. Find out in about 90 minutes.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
made progress on wiring up speaker crossovers (some horrible solder joints in there)
spread mulch on Saturday
rode MTBs with jackalope and suboptimius on Sunday
now here on monderp

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

The grind continues. Signing listing papers today, rented a storage unit, and will start moving our crap into it this evening. Still trying to stomach that it's going to cost $15K to sell our house, $13K of which is real estate agent fees...:rant:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Supposedly it's the long weekend, I have a day off but I am still reading for work. 300+ a4 pages to do today. Did 200 since 6pm yesterday. My brain will melt.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Officially listed Felicia (my SB6) for sale over the weekend. Will be riding Elwood (the Niner Hardtail) for the foreseeable future... it’s learning me lessons ‘n’ stuff. Looking like rain this week, so I’mma try to get some camper work done. Next camper trip is this weekend, to Salida. Helping a buddy out with his 12-hour race down there, and riding, and drinking.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Still trying to stomach that it's going to cost $15K to sell our house,
This is one of the biggest reasons I'm not willing to move. Why the fuck am I supposed to pay that kind of money to someone to do something totally ephemeral, and that I'm going to wind up screaming at at some point? (If past experience is any guide.) Drives me bonkers.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Officially listed Felicia (my SB6) for sale over the weekend. Will be riding Elwood (the Niner Hardtail) for the foreseeable future... it’s learning me lessons ‘n’ stuff. Looking like rain this week, so I’mma try to get some camper work done. Next camper trip is this weekend, to Salida. Helping a buddy out with his 12-hour race down there, and riding, and drinking.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This is one of the biggest reasons I'm not willing to move. Why the fuck am I supposed to pay that kind of money to someone to do something totally ephemeral, and that I'm going to wind up screaming at at some point? (If past experience is any guide.) Drives me bonkers.
Keep in mind this is also going through Redfin which only takes 1% commission (for the seller of course, the buyer's agent gets their 3-4%) as opposed to 3-4% commission per a traditional agent. It's inane to think that the work they do is fairly compensated at 6-8% of the total sell price of the house, regardless of it's value.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
see if you can find a flat rate realtor, I have seen a few in my area

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On the holy shit level, Wifey just got an offer out of the blue from her prior employer for a ginormous amount of money to run a project. Roughly 35% raise on a minimum three year project. She would be traveling to CA 1-2 days weekly, but that would completely negate my need to work, like entirely, and we'd still probably be ahead. Only concern is that neither of us trust her prior company that much at this point. Whole bunch of debating going on in our house right now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ugh. Went to see Electric Wizard and was miserable. I got sick from something I ate, right before the show. Then, RIP opened, and was boring. Then when EW hit, I was feeling ill again, and after one song of indecipherable boomy noise, while standing in a crowded sea of sweaty stoners, I tapped out.

Hoping to have a better experience at Sleep. I’ll do shots of Pepto pre-show.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
On the holy shit level, Wifey just got an offer out of the blue from her prior employer for a ginormous amount of money to run a project. Roughly 35% raise on a minimum three year project. She would be traveling to CA 1-2 days weekly, but that would completely negate my need to work, like entirely, and we'd still probably be ahead. Only concern is that neither of us trust her prior company that much at this point. Whole bunch of debating going on in our house right now.
This sounds like just the opportunity you guys were looking for. DO IT.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning!

The grind continues. Signing listing papers today, rented a storage unit, and will start moving our crap into it this evening. Still trying to stomach that it's going to cost $15K to sell our house, $13K of which is real estate agent fees...:rant:
Then, don't?
I bought this place without a realtor, with a good lawyer and cooperative seller. There is no more black magic in a simple real estate transaction than any other transaction so long as you're prepared. Want to save the money? Work a little. I wouldn't hesitate to (attempt to) buy or sell another property by myself again.

Totally. If it's a 3 year project she could always negotiate a contract that protects her for the period. Fuck, nobody knows what the next 3 years will bring these days. Go for it, Mr Mom.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Then, don't?
I bought this place without a realtor, with a good lawyer and cooperative seller. There is no more black magic in a simple real estate transaction than any other transaction so long as you're prepared. Want to save the money? Work a little. I wouldn't hesitate to (attempt to) buy or sell another property by myself again.

Totally. If it's a 3 year project she could always negotiate a contract that protects her for the period. Fuck, nobody knows what the next 3 years will bring these days. Go for it, Mr Mom.
what i think @Nick is saying is, that for a “small” fee, he’ll be your realtor, @Adventurous :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Jeezus. I'd stay the f**k away... but I'm way closer to retirement than you are. :D
This is where I'm sitting right now. I just don't trust these fuckers enough.

See above. for once I'm actually the hesitant one when it comes to getting more money.

Then, don't?
Usually once you have signed the initial contract, if you sell within a certain timeline, the realtor will still get their commission. He might be SOL at this point unless he holds out for 6 months.

Not contract based, employee based. She possibly could, but if they bail, then she needs to find something here again and I'm unemployed. Spidey senses are tingling.

Literally what you said needed to happen.
I know, right?
wifey would have all the balls in her pocket....

not comfortable.
They've been there since her income went a multiplier above mine.