Quantcast

>>>Effing Monderp GMT<<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to do a walkthrough of a disaster. I get to pick the scenario. Wanted to do a flood, but this server room is on the 2nd floor, so I guess no one would appreciate my humour with that one.

Fire it is.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dude. It's not even May. It's gonna be snowy.
If the combo aint hikable we will hit the Sawatch. Had some buddies do Shavano with micro spikes last week. Greys is good now too which would be the easiest & prolly smartest option. Plans are flexible. the only definite is the soaking. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Snowing here, no ridey.
So, I am shopping for a used bike for a friend. Looking for a '15 or newer, maybe a Rocky Altitude, Bronson, Pivot 5.5, something of that ilk.
Let me know if anyone near you has anything.
Size Small (he is 5'5")

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We (mostly I) get to have a fun conversation with Haley's teacher, vice principal, and principal on Wednesday morning. Lately when she's getting upset, which has been a lot more frequent, she has been saying "I'm just the worst" and "you're just not going to like me anymore", etc. Turns out the boys who were bothering/bullying her before took it up a notch in the last month and it's completely crushed her self-confidence. She even wrote the same things, plus a few worse in her journal and a few notepads, which were all self-directed, so it's clearly affecting her deeply.

I'm glad she's leaving this school at the end of the year and will never have to deal with these boys again, but I'm going to see about getting them moved to the other class. The other teacher doesn't properly support the advanced kids and neither of these two fucknuts falls under that category (they are actually WAY behind the rest of the class). It sounds like they do this to the other girls too, but Haley is the one it impacts the most, so they pick on her primarily. They are also in BASE (before/after school) with her as well, which doesn't help any. I have a feeling that we're going to have to blow up our work schedules for the next 6 week so that she doesn't have to go to BASE anymore for the rest of the year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We (mostly I) get to have a fun conversation with Haley's teacher, vice principal, and principal on Wednesday morning. Lately when she's getting upset, which has been a lot more frequent, she has been saying "I'm just the worst" and "you're just not going to like me anymore", etc. Turns out the boys who were bothering/bullying her before took it up a notch in the last month and it's completely crushed her self-confidence. She even wrote the same things, plus a few worse in her journal and a few notepads, which were all self-directed, so it's clearly affecting her deeply.

I'm glad she's leaving this school at the end of the year and will never have to deal with these boys again, but I'm going to see about getting them moved to the other class. The other teacher doesn't properly support the advanced kids and neither of these two fucknuts falls under that category (they are actually WAY behind the rest of the class). It sounds like they do this to the other girls too, but Haley is the one it impacts the most, so they pick on her primarily. They are also in BASE (before/after school) with her as well, which doesn't help any. I have a feeling that we're going to have to blow up our work schedules for the next 6 week so that she doesn't have to go to BASE anymore for the rest of the year.
you're like six foot ten. you can take a couple of third graders

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
this is a balancing exercise
I am in the process of building my second gravel bike :-) This will be more like an old school mtb in a new school setting. 40mm tires, wide rims, 1x with Di2 XT rear derailleur. Just landed several lucrative consulting gigs and still receiving salary so thought I could splash out a little. The other bike will go back to more road setup.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
looking like quandry & beirstadt are doable but those bore me.
will keep looking since we have until the 11th.
Quandary... dunno.

Bierstadt - don't believe the road will be open yet... but I could be wrong.

Try the pot they said. It’ll be fun they said.
"They" were right... :homer:

i do not trust women as far as i can throw them down a well.....
Wife came up to me out of the blue (sorta, after she accepted a new jorb) today and said, "I think you ought to be able to retire when you're 50."

And being she's the smart one, I'm inclined to go with it. :monkeydance:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sweet jeebus, Watz, isn't that like next year? Is your body ready?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Scored the Sip of Sunshine in a local packie. Waiting for a neighbor to ping me whether he wants me to come over and help him bleed his Tektro brakes. That will be fun, I am sure.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Three hours of cutting and moving trees and sticks. I’m pooped.

Started in glorious sunshine and ended in the dark.

There was a tree here..

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Followed you guys for the better part of the last ten years. Please keep bringing up those classic threads. I waste many hours at work catching up on those!!