Quantcast

>>>Effing Monderp GMT<<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I remember flying from New York to Tokyo as a kid. 747, on the order of 14-15 hours as JFK-Haneda on a 777-300ER runs 13 hrs 50 min even now.

DEN-NRT is a bit more palatable at 11h 45m. Too bad there's no DEN-HND non-stop.

747 is still the fastest commercial airliner out there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife came up to me out of the blue (sorta, after she accepted a new jorb) today and said, "I think you ought to be able to retire when you're 50."

And being she's the smart one, I'm inclined to go with it. :monkeydance:
I have 6 more to go until the wife (my CPA) says we will have enough money saved up for both of us to retire.....Fuck me, can I even make it to 67?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eff long flights. I remember going from SFO to Tel Aviv in 1980 with two plane swaps 23 effing hours. L1011 SFO to La Guardia, 747 La Guardia to Rome, and a 707 from Rome to Tel Aviv. and they forgot to load the luggage for everyone on the 707. Seriously a full plane load of fucking pissed off people and not one damn bag. It was TWA

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We (mostly I) get to have a fun conversation with Haley's teacher, vice principal, and principal on Wednesday morning. Lately when she's getting upset, which has been a lot more frequent, she has been saying "I'm just the worst" and "you're just not going to like me anymore", etc. Turns out the boys who were bothering/bullying her before took it up a notch in the last month and it's completely crushed her self-confidence. She even wrote the same things, plus a few worse in her journal and a few notepads, which were all self-directed, so it's clearly affecting her deeply.

I'm glad she's leaving this school at the end of the year and will never have to deal with these boys again, but I'm going to see about getting them moved to the other class. The other teacher doesn't properly support the advanced kids and neither of these two fucknuts falls under that category (they are actually WAY behind the rest of the class). It sounds like they do this to the other girls too, but Haley is the one it impacts the most, so they pick on her primarily. They are also in BASE (before/after school) with her as well, which doesn't help any. I have a feeling that we're going to have to blow up our work schedules for the next 6 week so that she doesn't have to go to BASE anymore for the rest of the year.
that sucks

she should channel her inner wookie and kick them in the gooch.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just bought 5 Ikon Base passes... looks like we might be waiting until I'm 51 to retire. <sigh>
sweet, this’ll be the first time we’ve had the same pass that I know of. Maybe we’ll ski together next year on purpose, as opposed to the random Jackson day we’ve skied together before...

fuck, is today the last low price day? :rant: FMWallet
Yes. I totally forgot until I was sitting on the shitter at 11:56. Boughted mine at Two. minutes. To miiiiiiiidniiiiight.

\m/ {>_<} \m/

Which of you all are from CO now?
(raises hand)

What of it?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sweet, this’ll be the first time we’ve had the same pass that I know of. Maybe we’ll ski together next year on purpose, as opposed to the random Jackson day we’ve skied together before..
craigslist casual encounter.....:D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Scored the Sip of Sunshine in a local packie. Waiting for a neighbor to ping me whether he wants me to come over and help him bleed his Tektro brakes. That will be fun, I am sure.
Tektros bled. He also managed to bend the shit out of his rear rotor and his pads were swimming in stuff so he needs to make a trip to a LBS before we can call this success.
Not a big fan of the bleeding ports on the Tros, but not too bad either.