Quantcast

>>> Effing Monderp<<<

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley off to Snobahn to ski and learn to skateboard today. Busy today otherwise.

Looks like t-stat in Subaru is toast (or working it's way there), so need to get to Subaru for parts. Normally order online because it's 15-20% cheaper after shipping, but this is the first time shipping is almost half the px for a lightweight, small parts order. Even adding 2 gallons of coolant only adds $3 to a $50 ground shipping cost.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greetings, friends! It is a stormy day out there...heavy rain, thunder, lightning, wind. Old Doggo is not happy about that situation. Hopefully there will be a short window of less awful weather at some point and I'll be able to get a run in.

I swam 2500 yards early this morning, then plucked a tick off me while driving home. WTF. He was camping out between two of my fingers.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
took kids hiking yesterday to break in new hiking shoes ahead of vacation. they did great.
the shoes, or the kids?!

I took my youngest for our first solo "dad and son" camping trip. He'd been begging for weeks, and I managed to find a spot available in one of our provincial parks. It was a major, unmitigated win. He loved it.
1623677281992.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I think I desire a new fishing rod/reel. Maybe ill pretend it's my birthday present to myself, until I want another birthday present for myself.

Otherwise, 3.5 day work week, then it's a whirlwind trip to CO for a buddy's wedding. We'll have some freedom Sunday mid-day, if any of y'all CO monkeys are free. Just don't quite know where we'll be yet...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
At 07:38 I came downstairs to dark orange light streaming through our east-facing high window in the entryway... we all know what that means. :(
Sauron has returned?

:yu:

I am eating spicy goat curry for breakfast. Builds fortitude

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
gfx50R. needed a new lens for the trip...snagged off ebay used....45-100 is backordered everywhere..
Screenshot_20210614-095928_Gallery.jpg

not a small lens....

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
FTS, I shoulda called in today and slept.

1,000 mile trip in the Goddamn Campin Van with my nephew to drop it off in CO to get some "slight modifications" done to it. Hung out in Denver for a day, we mostly terrorized pedestrians on those electric rental scooters down at Confluence Park. It was good times, those scooters do surprisingly well when you baja them in the dirt. Or so I've heard. Station 26 is a dang nice place to hang out and enjoy a beer. They make a good Bier de Gard, and the live music was on point.

Headed out to board the plane last night, there was a guy down on the tarmac who looked like he was sleeping. I assume that was @Pesqueeb. I gave him the finger just in case.

Nothing exploded on the flight, so I got that going for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yup. :mad:

CauseAbandoned Campfire
I'm going to make a joke, but Burro down is probably my favourite bit of trail anywhere so I has the sads as I'm sure it won't survive.

Was there a van previously parked near the camping spot with "Palisade Plunge Shuttle" on the side?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You Co folk don't have campfire bans? Or do you and some dickbag just didn't abide?

Camping without a fire sucks, but not as much as burning down half the state.

In related news, saw one of VCFDs new Firehawks on a rescue Saturday, first time seeing one working, and they're bad ass! 1000 gallon tanks, hoist, night flying capability, looked stable as hell in hover, kick ass piece of fire fighting equipment, and we've got two now, and a 3rd UH60 with a bucket.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got back from a P.T. appointment for my back. I was skeptical about the whole thing as I thought I would walk away with some exercises I have already figured out from the internet. I walked out with a list of exercises I already got off the internet with some critique on form. But we then talked for an hour on the theoretical causes of back pain and the psychology/neuroscience behind it. Was a pretty awesome experience.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Getting me some parts at my dealer. Weren't happy when I gave them a parts list with oem #s and had a list of MSRP prices. Got order down $100 (~30%) from their pricing. Still got stuck on coolant, but saved a fuck ton vs. their inflated prices. Now I know what to do going forward.