Quantcast

Egg Beaters vs. Candies

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Candies easier to get jammed with mud (if you happen to ride in wet cement...)

Otherwise, I think it's personal preference. I personally can't really tell the difference between the tiny platform on the Candys and the lack thereof on the Eggbeaters, so I take the lighter-weight less prone to jamming Eggies.

But damn do I <3 my CB Mallets for DH...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
for xc, I bought eggs, didnt like them..tried candies and loved them!

candies>egg beaters

candies are easier to clip into, and you have the platom
as far as weight, not a biggie - unless you are a complete weight weenie

c: 294 vs 308
sl: 266 vs 294
ti: 230 vs 252

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
douglas said:
candies>egg beaters
I had a harder time clipping into the eggs. I think the platform on the candies helps line things up to clip in, but does little else. I run mallets when racing in the mtbmx races.

I have two pairs of Candies and one pair of Mallets. :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Thanks for all the input.

I have a pair of Candies (thank Stosh) and love them so far on my XC. I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy another pair, buy egg beaters or just buy a different pair of shoes to put my shimano cleats on for my road bike.

Perhaps, I'll wander over to that forum. I've heard that running the same pedals on all your bikes is the best idea (any response to this?). I also heard that Egg Beaters can cause your foot to hot/irritated under the pedal because there isn't a platform to disperse the weight.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
bluebug32 said:
Thanks for all the input.

I have a pair of Candies (thank Stosh) and love them so far on my XC. I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy another pair, buy egg beaters or just buy a different pair of shoes to put my shimano cleats on for my road bike.

Perhaps, I'll wander over to that forum. I've heard that running the same pedals on all your bikes is the best idea (any response to this?). I also heard that Egg Beaters can cause your foot to hot/irritated under the pedal because there isn't a platform to disperse the weight.
Personally, I'd try and run the same pedal - don't know if it is the "best" idea. Roadie bike might be the exeption, but I don't own one of those animals.

As far as the platform on the candies, I didn't notice them being any different than the eggs..its a pretty friggin wee platform. I guess it might depend on the shoe grip and stiffness.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SilentJ said:
Personally, I'd try and run the same pedal - don't know if it is the "best" idea. Roadie bike might be the exeption, but I don't own one of those animals.

As far as the platform on the candies, I didn't notice them being any different than the eggs..its a pretty friggin wee platform. I guess it might depend on the shoe grip and stiffness.
And I run old-school Ritchey Road as well...