Quantcast

El Gallo Wheels any good?

ramstein-dh

Chimp
Feb 18, 2011
Hello everyone

I'm building a downhill bike , and have been looking at El Gallo wheels.
There is a shop called wheelies selling them on ebay for £100.00 a set.
These are 150mm x 12mm rear and 20mm front.
They look really good and considering it would cost me £80.00 to have hubs and rims built up it seems too good to resist.
Can't seem to find out any info or a site for them , are they like superstar components good quality and affordable.
Any help from people whom have ridden them or looked at them in person would be good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-El-Gallo-Downhill-DH-MTB-Alloy-Wheelset-26-36-H-/280535449344?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item870b193539#ht_3912wt_994

Thanks in advance

Jay

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
100GBP for a wheelset? Get them. El Gallo is a catalog company but for that price they will be hard to beat. They kinda look like Azonic Outlaws which are good wheels.

ramstein-dh

Chimp
Feb 18, 2011
100GBP for a wheelset? Get them. El Gallo is a catalog company but for that price they will be hard to beat. They kinda look like Azonic Outlaws which are good wheels.

Cheers buddy , sorry for my ignorance what does a catalog company mean.
I was thinking of getting the red ones with the white spokes , but my bike is being painted blue.
Yeah the same company is selling the 150mm x 12mm hub alone for £60.00.
Well they do have a retail of £340.00 but they do look like quality wheels.
Don't know what to buy now , chrome , all black or red and white.

Thanks again

Jay

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It means it not proprietary design of hubs and rims (as for spokes, there is not much choice on the market).
So, El Gallo company uses existing components, most probably from some Asian (Taiwanese) manufacturer.
As Norbar said, there is nothing bad about good "catalogue" products. Getting them, won't be a mistake, especially at that price.

ramstein-dh

Chimp
Feb 18, 2011
It means it not proprietary design of hubs and rims (as for spokes, there is not much choice on the market).
So, El Gallo company uses existing components, most probably from some Asian (Taiwanese) manufacturer.
As Norbar said, there is nothing bad about good "catalogue" products. Getting them, won't be a mistake, especially at that price.
Thanks for the info , i will purchase a set , wasn't Cedric Gracia sponsered by them and used some of there parts?