Quantcast

El Gordo's top beers of the Month!!

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Picked up a few sixers and wanted to let you guys know so you can enjoy these too.. Here is the list..

#1 - Saranac Pumpkin Ale I am 5 deep on that one already:monkeydance: Great taste with the pumpkin spice

#2 - OtterCreek White Sail its brewed with Orange and Coriander or Cilantro..Its a light ale I guess and leaves a nice subtle but spicy aftertaste its good..

#3 - Sammy A Oktoberfest always a classic!!

#4 - Left Hand Brewery Saw Tooth Ale its nice sort of a Pale - Ale but a bit darker..

#5 - Long Trail BlackBerry Wheat.. If you like Sammy A cherry wheat well try this its got a perfect combo of wheat and berry flavor not to overpowering. P.S has to be real cold to taste really good..

#6 The coors light my Wife is drinking which I just tossed into the woods.. Fawking water in a bottle...

Hope you guys get to try at least one of these, I am in NJ but the Sammy A you can get anywhere.. Let me know what you think. Later

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Good picks, I buy some of those. Saranac pumpkin is always a good bet, as is Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

White Sail is a solid summer beer. I think it's new this year as well.

The Blackberry Wheat kind of splits people- it is quite sweet and light, so, yeah, cold serving on a hot day is the ticket. Some find it lacks any real body, but I can drink one or two and enjoy.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Yeah the BlackBerry is no pounding beer... But its good to have like you said one or two with a meal. Yeah the White Sail in new this year its a real good addition to there line up. Have you tried Left Hand Brewery there out in CO.. Soon the Stout's my friend.. But glad to see another beer connoisseur :clapping:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Yeah the BlackBerry is no pounding beer... But its good to have like you said one or two with a meal. Yeah the White Sail in new this year its a real good addition to there line up. Have you tried Left Hand Brewery there out in CO.. Soon the Stout's my friend.. But glad to see another beer connoisseur :clapping:
Yeah, that Left Hand is the only one I haven't tried. I used to live in Vermont (Middlebury, where Otter Creek is) and just moved from NJ (Mountain Lakes in Morris County) to CT, so I have a good amount of exposure to east coast beers. I don't ever seem to branch out too much and buy things from the west- it was either east coast brews or imports from Canada, Germany or Belgium for the most part. I'll keep an eye out, though.