Quantcast

Elbow pads

*Pepe*

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
Vancouver, BC
any recommendations for good elbow pads? i've searched the threads and didn't really find anything, so if someone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

thanks.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I have some fox ones that have straps and also a thin stretchy stuff. They are great. Fit so snugly, protect well, simple

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
I haven't tried the new d3o pads from 661, but they look promising. Otherwise I'd look at the dainese 3x pads.
if you have the cash for them...

the best protective gear are the ones that fit. as long as your not buying pads from toys-r-us they should be fine.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I haven't tried the new d3o pads from 661, but they look promising. Otherwise I'd look at the dainese 3x pads.
my friend has the full upper body jacket. Its super light, snug, stays in place, and will do fine in a crash, but its nowhere near as protective as hard plastic and pads. for XC/AM its a dream come true - you can wear armor without having it suck in every way (its pretty comfortable and super light, plus you don't look entirely like a doofus), but for DH DJ's or 4x etc I'd go with plastic and pads.

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
The old school fox 911's are the best elbow pad I have encountered. I've been running the same ones for 5 years and they are still working great. I haven't found anything I liked better.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Does anyone here use the TLD elbow guards? I was also looking at the 3x, but I'm not sure.

I'm using ones that came with my older flak jacket and the tightening straps can be a bitch.