Quantcast

Elbow pads

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Are there any good elbow pads on the market? It's been years since I have used separate elbow pads, I stopped using them because they were protecting my wrists rather than elbows...
Since then I have used only elbow pads that are attached to a full body armor (or none at all), but I'd like to get separate pads again for BMX, and occasional enduro race where I want to wear a backpack.

The most important thing would be that they stay on place without restricting too much blood flow to the hands. They should also be quite low profile, maximum protection is not needed.

I've been looking at some options, but never tried any of these:
- POC VPD Joint. Heard good things about these, currently on top of my list
- POC VPD Joint 2.0. Heard mixed reviews, some people say the older version is better. Really expensive
- O'Neal Sinner. Basically same as the older POC's but cheaper. Are these just as good as POC's?
- TLD EG 5500. Do they stay put without any adjustable straps? Do they offer decent protection compared to the other options?

Please share your experiences with the above pads, or suggest some other alternatives.

ED75

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
France
The most important thing would be that they stay on place without restricting too much blood flow to the hands. They should also be quite low profile, maximum protection is not needed.
Concerning blood flow, the most important thing's to get the right size !

My son's using POC with success as I'm with TLD.
No bad pressure & zero slipping.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i have some old fox jams that work fair. they slide a bit but once they're soaked with sweat they do okay. you can't buy them anymore, so this post doesn't help.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
661 Rage Elbow. Never wore elbow pads and picked these up before my trip to Whistler. Forgot they were there after our 1st run. Never slipped and a thin piece of plastic shell for better protection.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
i really want to cut the pads off my dianeese upper body pads. The elbow cups are down on my forearms and thinking i should have a seamstress help me out on this one. last time i did a hack job on an old suite and this time its a newer one.
going to test the pads before committing. i had good luck with some kid knee pads until they stretch out and started slipping. what i liked about them is they were gel padding, some kind of 661 pad.
any good pads made of gel or do all votes lead to the POC? I do plan to get the POC knee/shins and like to support the sponsor of our local race series. They have been awesome.