Quantcast

election day gfmt....the end of the world as we know it

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
took life into own hands....had three well done waffles at waffle house......delicious...

nap time....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If the election brings back the "wrong" result, I will commit to eating some sort of WaHo shit diet until I eat myself to death. There will be nothing left to live for...might as well let it all hang out. And not in the cool way...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
forgot i have to get my hair did.....

local polling station....someone did some sign cleansing....no trump signs to be seen....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Winter wheels for the car is on my to-do list before this coming weekend. But high temps all week I'll leave it a few more days.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning. Work, prob swap snow tires over lunch, winter is coming again.

What pedals are you looking at?
OneUp aluminiums, on your recommendation. The RF Chester's are pretty good and all, but suffer from lackluster grip (even with 5.10s) and I could use a bit of help in the pedal strike department.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Coffee this morning is nice. Agree that it's gonna be a wild ride... not sure where I want to get my election day play-by-play, here or over at the TGR forums. What do you think @rideit?

Otherwise, might try and get out for a ride at some point today, fucked up and didn't ride yesterday. Dumb.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
don't think I'll be able to duck out for a ride today, so much like adventurous, it'll probably be doom scrolling and maybe some retail therapy. Would love to scoop up some new MTB brakes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
don't think I'll be able to duck out for a ride today, so much like adventurous, it'll probably be doom scrolling and maybe some retail therapy. Would love to scoop up some new MTB brakes.
I did some retail therapy last week... new ski pants and some nice wool base layers showed up yesterday. Still waiting on teh new-to-me skis to ship from SLC.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nothing like just starting through your morning coffee and the wife starts peppering you with honey do's, such the buzzkill. Now I remember why I like to get up way before her. It's so that I can actually enjoy my coffee in peace
the trick i've learned is to keep my own list, then when my wife wants something done i show her mine and tell her its priority

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
TRP DH-R Evo are in stock, finally. I grabbed a set for a look-see, they tick a lot of boxes.
Probably maggie MT Trail sport. I have MT5s on the DH bike and they have been relatively problem free, aside from needing a TORX tool to adjust the reach. They don't seem to pump and have plenty of power, especially with better pads. I was balls-deep in shimano, but I like to try to keep my brakes as consistent as possible to maintain spares. The new hayes look awesome, but are double the price of the maggies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did some retail therapy last week... new ski pants and some nice wool base layers showed up yesterday. Still waiting on teh new-to-me skis to ship from SLC.
My bday is coming up and my mom asked me what I wanted. I went through my "stuff I want" list and there really isn't anything at this point. I've hit "dad" stage. I want to put more insulation in or panels on the house. I want to rip out half the lawn and put in a xeriscape landscape instead. I only need prescription sunglasses and they are crazy fucking expensive. Best thing I have is a new hub so it's easier to rebuild rear wheels as I destroy the wheels (for all the riding I do) and it's $200, but they're retired and don't want them to spent that kind of cash.

I've gotten to the point that new stuff is meh and I would rather just have time to do stuff, which can't be bought.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My bday is coming up and my mom asked me what I wanted. I went through my "stuff I want" list and there really isn't anything at this point. I've hit "dad" stage. I want to put more insulation in or panels on the house. I want to rip out half the lawn and put in a xeriscape landscape instead. I only need prescription sunglasses and they are crazy fucking expensive. Best thing I have is a new hub so it's easier to rebuild rear wheels as I destroy the wheels (for all the riding I do) and it's $200, but they're retired and don't want them to spent that kind of cash.

I've gotten to the point that new stuff is meh and I would rather just have time to do stuff, which can't be bought.
should have said "i want you to do this for me....do your grandchildren a favor and vote for biden"

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I nuked my facebook account last night and I feel a little extra spring in my step this morning. Currently staring at the calendar to figure out which day to call in FTS next week to go ride my bikey in the sagebrush for a couple hours.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
what'dya get?
An old pair of Rossignol RC112s... these things are like a mythical unicorn ski. They get name-dropped as a point of comparison in reviews of modern skis pretty regularly... like "these brand new skis are pretty good, but they don't do X or Y as well as those Rossi RC122s" sorta thing. They're one of those magical skis that kinda did everything (or at least a lot of stuff) really well, but for whatever reason were only made for a year or two. A pair popped up for $150 with bindings, and I figured what the hell? I think @Nick wants to flog on them for a day as well.

I nuked my facebook account last night and I feel a little extra spring in my step this morning.
I haven't nuked mine, but I think it's been a month or more since I've logged in... and three weeks before that. It's been nice.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the trick i've learned is to keep my own list, then when my wife wants something done i show her mine and tell her its priority
I tell mine she's a strong independent woman who doesn't need a man in her life and that she's perfectly capable of doing it herself.

Then we both laugh and I end up doing it anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Took a fukitol yesterday morning and chased it with some hero dirt. Back still not 100% so rode some tame yet steep trails. Place was filthy with old men on e-bikes.