Quantcast

Election Day(s) Thread.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think we can all hate Rupert Murdoch at this point for propaganda news brainwashing half of the population.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Poking my head out of my real world denial bubble.

Fuck this shit. Will check back in when it is clear whether I need to take the safeties off of my WMDs or put them back in storage.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
multiple crucial states in the upper midwest and PA have flat out stated tonight that they will not have votes counted for several days
Oh, i know.

I think PA will also count early votes last.

Taking Pa, Mi, Mn, Wi & Az makes 270 for sleepy Joe.

It doesn't mean I can't hate 50% of the people who voted for making the race this close. This election is a referendum on where we want this country to go. It would have been nice if we could have rejected racism, cronyism, corruption, nepotism, etc. by a landslide...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It doesn't mean I can't hate 50% of the people who voted for making the race this close. This election is a referendum on where we want this country to go. It would have been nice if we could have rejected racism, cronyism, corruption, nepotism, etc. by a landslide...
Well......that's always been america.......it always will be america, at least in our lifetimes

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Man... Every year I stay in this country is one more year I regret not having gotten dual citizenship from my stepmom when I was a minor. That would have put me under The Crown and given a much better option to leave. I've thought about it progressively more every year, mostly because half our country thinks this is okay.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The boomer enablers and their spineless culture kids are fucking this country up.

After you turn 74 - no more president, no more congress, no more senate. Stick all the old folks in advisory committees.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Man... Every year I stay in this country is one more year I regret not having gotten dual citizenship from my stepmom when I was a minor. That would have put me under The Crown and given a much better option to leave. I've thought about it progressively more every year, mostly because half our country thinks this is okay.
Yeah, I blew my chances for Yurp when I let my German "unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis" (kind of like a green card) expire. At least I am officially entered in my wife's family registry in Japan. That would be a rough move, but we have discussed it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'd negative rep you, but you're not wrong...
The most important take-away and what I've learned from all of this and my parents over recent years is that as long as you can get away with it, you did the right thing. You take advantage of everyone and if you don't, you're the fool.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Trump just claimed victory and said he’s going to the supreme court to stop any more votes being counted.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Based on the current results, which (right now) suggest Trump winning Pa, Mich, NC, and Wis, with Biden winning Ga (far from certain), Ariz, Nev and Me, the fascists win.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The thing that also bothers me, same as last time; Whitehat hackers took the electronic voting machines and showed they could alter the tallies without leaving any trace of interference. Then, after it was shown that the Russians had accessed the networks of the voting machine companies, they came out and said “It’s OK, we looked at the machines and there’s no evidence of interference”. :bonk:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Regarding PA, in 2018 we switched to paper ballots because the old ballot machines that were in use did not provide a paper record. This year they finally made it so anyone could request a mail in/absentee ballot. The term mail in isn't quite accurate, as there are official secure drop boxes where they can be submitted as well (this is the option I used). PA does not begin counting these ballots until election day.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So, even if Biden wins, it appears that the Repubs are holding the Senate - its looking like the duck has a mobility issue,