Quantcast

Electric razors... Rotary? Foil? Brands?

What brand/type do you use?

• Braun

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Remington

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Norelco

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Foil

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Rotary

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, to you monkeys who use an electric razor... Who has experience through multiple brands and/or types?

Right now I'm using a Remington rotary cordless razor, was about $40. I find that I get some irritation on my throat and around my Adam's apple, unless I'm really careful about prep.

I've heard that foil razors typically cause less irritation, but are less inclined to deal well with longer hair. I'm not a wookie or anything, and I'd be much more inclined to shave when I otherwise wouldn't have to (weekends, vacation) if it was less inclined to irritate my skin, so that may work well, but I'd like other opinions.

What works well for you?

And yes, I know that electric razors don't shave as well as blades :eviltongu

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I have a norelco. It works well. Cant cut as close as a Mach 3 but it does the job without shaving cream. It has that gu shizz that comes out of it too, you can get the lotion kind or the aftershave kind. I like the aftershave kind because you dont have to clean the blades nearly as much since its alcolol based.

A good elec razor isnt cheap... I think mine went for about $80 when it was first introduced (bought it like 5 years ago), they last forever though.

I had 2 cheapies before that and they sucked ass.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
So, to you monkeys who use an electric razor... Who has experience through multiple brands and/or types?

What works well for you?

And yes, I know that electric razors don't shave as well as blades :eviltongu

Junk or trunk?

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I run a Phillishave rotary w/ 3 heads. Think it's time for a new one...
Get some irritation, but not bad if I'm careful.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I thought I'd bump this old post to maybe help any other monkeys out who are buying razors.

I just received this for my birthday:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8077S-Vortex-Hydraclean-System/dp/B000ALB1VQ/sr=8-1/qid=1158691891/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-3278711-1987926?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

It's awesome. I have very sensitive skin on my neck and most of the time shaving causes a lot of redness and irritation unless I prep very carefully, shaving immediately after I dry off after a shower. This causes no irritation at all, regardless of my prep.

Never owned a foil shaver before, maybe they're all like this, but all I know is I like this one a lot. It's quick, a close shave (for an electric razor), and the cleaning base is very convenient. The shape is nice, too - very ergonomic to hold, instead of holding a brick like a Braun.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i wait until i have a beard then use hair trimmers to shave it off, leaving a nice layer of lumberjack-like stuble. i then repeat this process.

shaving irritates my skin so try not to shave if i dont have to, but for stuff like interviews, etc. i have no choice.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I use a brawn... I get an ever so slight amount of razor burn (and I don't prep at all)... it only bothers me when I sweat, and it isn't noticable.

I will say that the base/charger/cleaner thing is rather fragile, but the actual shaver is great.