Quantcast

Electric razors

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Do you just replace the blades or buy a new one?

If so what electric razor do you use?

I've given in to the fact that mine no longer cuts but just rubs the hair off my face.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Mach 3 razor owns.
i agree with this statement. however for a long time i used an electric razor to cut back on waste in landfills. I got tired of rubbing dry metal across my face though so i switched back.

J

JRB

I don't like them. I have tried all kinds, and none really shave my face.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I don't like them. I have tried all kinds, and none really shave my face.
In the morning before work I don't want to waste the time with a straight razor. I use mach 3 on the weeks when I'm going out or something.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
i agree with this statement. however for a long time i used an electric razor to cut back on waste in landfills. I got tired of rubbing dry metal across my face though so i switched back.
hey man how's the new job?

You know much about Epic Cycles?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn mach 3 is too thick to hit the nooks and crannies on my face. I end up with a microscopic Hitler moustache.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
biggins said:
Those Mach 3 replacement blades are expensive little bastards though. Friggin 9 bucks for 5 blades. :dead: Thank god for wholesale clubs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
nothing beats a warm shave with a straight blade at the barber shop.
I've always wanted to have this done.

I want an electric razor that puts the lotion on the skin. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:

i got one of those hsaves when i got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. wow is all i can say.

as for the job stosh, i am in love with it. look for the breckenridge thread i started to see my upcoming assignment.

epic cycles is about 3/4 of a mile from my place. I am friends with the owner of that shop Allan Hightower. they are good people for the most part. why do you ask?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
i got one of those hsaves when i got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. wow is all i can say.

as for the job stosh, i am in love with it. look for the breckenridge thread i started to see my upcoming assignment.

epic cycles is about 3/4 of a mile from my place. I am friends with the owner of that shop Allan Hightower. they are good people for the most part. why do you ask?
Probably gonna buy and MKIII thru them.

"for the most part" ?????? :confused:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Probably gonna buy and MKIII thru them.

"for the most part" ?????? :confused:
their service is great. i say for the most part because there is like one guy there that i just dont get along with. alan, the owner is an awesome guy.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yes i am. already off for the weekend. the mountain sports festival is the following weekend.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
:stupid: :stupid:

Buy a fogless mirror and shave in the shower, your face is already wet from the hot shower, and there is no extra mess to clean up.
here ya go rob, do this test next time ya do that.

before you start shaving stop the tub so it starts filling, when you are done shaving look down at your feet and see how much water you have just used to shave. also hot water costs more ya know.

then shave in the sink and see how much water you use.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:

Both my brothers have Norelcos with that lotion goo stuff - they seem to like them, but they don't really have much of a beard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My GF has off Friday and Monday of that week.
Thoes will be the days I'm taking off which actually works out better.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Both my brothers have Norelcos with that lotion goo stuff - they seem to like them, but they don't really have much of a beard.
so it must work well then?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
here ya go rob, do this test next time ya do that.

before you start shaving stop the tub so it starts filling, when you are done shaving look down at your feet and see how much water you have just used to shave. also hot water costs more ya know.

then shave in the sink and see how much water you use.
My time and convenience is worth more then the additional $0.02 per shaving in the shower vs shaving in the sink.

I prolly could save some cash by not running the occasional batch in the shower, but damn it the soap is SOOO slutty.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
why did you decide to purchase thru them?
Price and they do a good pre-assembly as compared to somewhere like Supergo or Bicycle-buys.com.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Price and they do a good pre-assembly as compared to somewhere like Supergo or Bicycle-buys.com.
blah........all ya have to do is throw some parts together, and adjust the derailleurs (& maybe brakes)

u check out rscyles.com?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Dunno - they both have a little bit of peach fuzz here and there - no REAL facial hair to shave.
I figured thats what you meant but I was only kidding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
blah........all ya have to do is throw some parts together, and adjust the derailleurs (& maybe brakes)

u check out rscyles.com?
Let me tell you this, Epics price can not be beat. It is $700's less than the one I had on lay away.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Enginerd A2 said:
BEARD. Trim it up once or twice a week, and that's it. No hassle and it makes me look a little more my age.
how old are you?
Man I couldn't imagine riding in the summer with a beard....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
I used the Sensor Excel before the Mach 3 was introduced to the market.
fwiw, consumer reports had an informal test of the sensor excel vs. mach 3, and their testers were split evenly on whether the mach 3 worked better. i alternate between the two based on what blades i have handy :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Toshi said:
fwiw, consumer reports had an informal test of the sensor excel vs. mach 3, and their testers were split evenly on whether the mach 3 worked better. i alternate between the two based on what blades i have handy :D
I have actually knicked myself using the Excel but I have never knicked myself using a Mach 3. I first tried the Mach 3 because of a free sample and have used them ever since.

BTW, why the hell do razor knicks bleed so damn much? :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I have actually knicked myself using the Excel but I have never knicked myself using a Mach 3. I first tried the Mach 3 because of a free sample and have used them ever since.

BTW, why the hell do razor knicks bleed so damn much? :dead:
don't most cuts on your face and head blead a lot?