Quantcast

Electronic help please

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Ok,

I have an small remote control car the problam is that the remote is wired right to the car. Wha ti want to do for the person who owns it is change it to a wireless car. I have searched endlessly to find out what I have to do but I just cant find anything on the subject.
I know it would be cheaper to just buy another car but this one is important. Ok we what do I need now every thing has to be super small since the car is like the size of a deck of cards the controler side can be huge. Also I have to attach batteries to the car any ideas could I use a watch battery I would like it to run for at least an hour

Thanks for any help

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
welcome to RC ....
odds are you cant do anything. the remote control moves these things in the car that are called servos... the used to make really small ones for 1/24 scale cars back in the day. they were made by Tamtech.. part of tamiya. you would have to be extrmely luck to find a set and then hope that they fit in the car you have... otherwise you need to stay wired. besides that it wouldnt be cost efficient

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Not to mention you also need a reciever unit on the car. Transmitting the signal from the controller will do no good unless the car can recieve the signals being sent. Somthing like this should be available at your local hobby shop. You will need to piggyback it onto the existing PCB then solder the connections to where the previous controller was connected

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Hey,

Well I totally know this is not the best wya to do it but its something someone wants.what I have done is purchased a super small rc with the same functions as the old one but wireless and im canablising it for part. Seems to work fine just have to figure out how to make it run on a smaller battery since the car is to small to fit 4 aaa's. Anyone know how I could rig up a watch battery or something the kid will only play with it for like 20 mintues at a time fi that so small batteries should be ok.

Thanks for the welcom to the world of rc's but Im already hooked with a sportmax {broken in half} and min z's im pretty far in lol.

Thanks for the help guys.