Quantcast

Elephants and Lions coming to Kansas

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Okay so not really but

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/08/17/wild.america.ap/index.html

If a group of prominent ecologists have their way, lions and elephants could someday be roaming the Great Plains of North America.

The idea of transplanting African wildlife to this continent is being greeted with gasps and groans from other scientists and conservationists who recall previous efforts to relocate foreign species halfway around the world, often with disastrous results.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
And they think the numbers getting shot by random poachers in africa are bad? Great idea to put an elephant in the same state with a bunch of lunatics with high powered rifles and a penchant for shooting anything that moves.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
robdamanii said:
And they think the numbers getting shot by random poachers in africa are bad?
How long does it take you to put together a plan in your head to get out of bed in the morning?

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
I Are Baboon said:
Well we're not really using the midwest anyway, so why not make it an animal sanctuary? :confused:
I'd say were not using the west half of the state. The stereotypical idea you have of KS is out there. Eastern KS is beautiful with the Flint Hills and you'd shiite yourself if you found out what type of riding goes on here.

Heck, we already have mountain lions.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
And you thought a mountain lion attack would suck......

How much you think I can get for one of dem'dar lion pelts????

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Damn they started already.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/18/tiger.attack.ap/index.html

A Siberian tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for photos at a family-run animal sanctuary Thursday in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff's office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A statement from the office said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for photos with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.

J

JRB

DRB said:
Damn they started already.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/18/tiger.attack.ap/index.html

A Siberian tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for photos at a family-run animal sanctuary Thursday in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff's office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A statement from the office said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for photos with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.
I thought about this thread this morning when I heard. Here's a news flash. They have wild in the name, because, well, they are wild.

J

JRB

Big_Papa1080 said:
if you dont wanna use Kansas, we could use Nebraska, they have even less going on. :rolleyes:
Nebraska sounds good in comparison to MD, but I have never been to MD, so I shouldn't say that. I like Virginia.

J

JRB

There was the MKT Railroad. MO, KS, and TX. We called it monkeys, kangaroos, and tigers. Coincidence??? I think not.

J

JRB

Big_Papa1080 said:
too many ppl for the lions to eat in MD. heres a solution: send them to mexico.
Good idea. There can't possibly be any people left there. :think:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Big_Papa1080 said:
too many ppl for the lions to eat in MD. heres a solution: send them to mexico.

The people or the lions? If I have to live in MD (which unfortunately I do) I'd rather have the lions.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
This'll be a great idea until the first elephant decides to play human polo with some poor bastard. Have the people deciding this ever been to Africa?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
valve bouncer said:
This'll be a great idea until the first elephant decides to play human polo with some poor bastard. Have the people deciding this ever been to Africa?
No way. Don't tell 'em. Think about the mad cap fun the first time a herd of elephants got on the freeway.

J

JRB

DRB said:
No way. Don't tell 'em. Think about the mad cap fun the first time a herd of elephants got on the freeway.
Yeah - just imagine the "mad cap" fun. :confused:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
DRB said:
What jolly japes that'll be. I think there's a reason the big fella didn't send elephants to the new world....and I don't think it was because he'd be worried about "mating accidents" :D