Quantcast

elfin forest recreational reserve

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
anyone want to ride it this weekend? i'm going th a friend, but we're not sure what day to go. i say let's arrange a group, and we can meet up there.

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
parking lot is cool. ill see you there at 1230. ill be driving a lexus 400h suv and riding a blue stumpjumper ht. ive got red hair too.

was gonna bring the wife, but she read the guidebook and got all worried, so she is a beginner and isnt coming now. just me.

this will be my first time at this trail!! ill bring a camera.

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
parking lot is cool. ill see you there at 1230. ill be driving a lexus 400h suv and riding a blue stumpjumper ht. ive got red hair too.

was gonna bring the wife, but she read the guidebook and got all worried, so she is a beginner and isnt coming now. just me.

this will be my first time at this trail!! ill bring a camera.
my first time too, haha
oh well im sure it won't be too much of a disaster. ;)
i'm riding probably an ironhorse aniki, but it's having headset trouble (can you help me with it?), so otherwise i'll be riding a Russ Denny hardtail. oh and just in case you were expecting an adult, i'm 15

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
yeah, i read your la jolla bike path post and figured you were about that age.
ill bring some tools, whats wrong with your headset?

from reading the book, sounds like this is gonna be a XC ride. lots of climbing and switchbacks and such. which is ok.

supposedly there is a 15mph limit on bikes....hahaha, my computer reads in kph cause i cant change it. oh well.

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
yeah, i read your la jolla bike path post and figured you were about that age.
ill bring some tools, whats wrong with your headset?

from reading the book, sounds like this is gonna be a XC ride. lots of climbing and switchbacks and such. which is ok.

supposedly there is a 15mph limit on bikes....hahaha, my computer reads in kph cause i cant change it. oh well.
cool don't worry about the tools, i'm gonna bring my hardtail (the yakuza weighs 40+ lbs and isn't good for technical climbing. cya at 12:30
:)

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
i waited till 1:05. then i started riding up the hill. rode for 30 minutes then rode back down. never saw you.

sorry you were late and we missed each other.

i hope you had a fun ride up there though. what did you think of it??

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
yeah it was pretty nice. sorry i kept you waiting for 35 minutes :poster_oops: i liked the ride though, first i had to wash my mom's car, so we didn't get going till 12:50, then my friend ditched me, so by the time i found a ride it was 1:15. it was almost 2 when i arrived due to mapquest's directions (or lack thereof) but i hope you ejoyed your ride. did you bring the camera?

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
dude, next time ill pick you up. or give you my cell. yeah, i was leaving right as you got there im sure. cause i saw no other bikers as i was coming down the hill.

yes, i brought camera, but didint take any pics or video.

toooooo many freaking horses and dogs and kids.
i never crashed, but riding up gave me some moments where i had to unclip and almost fell over, just going slow. was a technical climb in a few places.

if you ever wanna ride out in east county this winter or mission trails, cause i live 5 minutes from there!!!!!!, that would be good.

i dont have a full suspsension bike, but its still ok.