Quantcast

Elixer 185mm adaptor won't fit caliper?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Hey,

I'm trying to install my new set of Elixirs, but the 185mm post mount adapter that came with the brakes won't fit flush against the caliper without binding on the bolts. What gives? I don't have any pictures, but with the wider portion of the adapter on the upper part of the caliper, there is a 1/8th inch gap between the smaller portion of the adapter and the lower part of the caliper.

Thanks guys.

Willy Vanilly

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
San Jose
Do you happen to have the adapter upside down? I think I had a similar problem when using a post mount adapter for the first time (since it wasn't obvious to me which end was up). Good luck

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Arrow goes in direction of rotor rotation. As mentioned, don't forget the concave and convex washers.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i had everything right, i worked at a shop in the past and installed a bunch of elixirs so i don't know what the deal is. i tried fitting a friends parts on there to see if the adapter or caliper was messed up, neither one was, and then all of the sudden they started fitting together a bit better. turns out there was a burr in the caliper's hole for the bolt which cocked it a bit sideways, preventing me from getting everything to line up properly.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
If you worked at a shop and needed the internet to help you with a brake mounting...well that's why I don't take my bike to shops.