Quantcast

Elixir/Code combo

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Has anyone tried running Elixir levers and Code calipers? How you getting on with them and how did the bleeding go? Basically Fort Bill showed up the fact that my new Elixirs are not a patch on my old Code/Ultimate combo so I'm hoping to swap out the calipers.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What's the problem with Elixirs? They overheat on long trails like FT. William? Just use a nice brake fluid and there should be no problems. I'm currently using motul dot 5.1 in my formula and it is a huge improvement.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Aye I found they faded a fair bit which made my serious arm pump even worse, was having to death grip after about half way down on my race runs :plthumbsdown:

To be honest I don't think it was the fluid that was the problem, the pads are pretty small in the Elixirs and they were just glazing over.

I pretty much ride on my rear brake so this isn't helping either. I'm not hating on the Elixirs, for shorter runs they have tons of power but I just don't think they can cope with the heat a longer run generates. Never had this problem with the Codes even after dragging my slow arse down an absolute shed load of runs of F/Bill but the Elixers struggled with a few runs.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think you should give a better fluid a try. My formula oros overheated slightly on runs over 2km and after hose change to goodridge and fluid change to motul dot 5.1 I've had no fade even on Maribor Dh track (which is around 4km long if you include the drive you have to make from the top station to the start of the WC track) where I was braking much more than usual.
A fluid change worked also for my friends ultimates (w/o code calipers).