Quantcast

Elizabeth Furnace 3-25

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
:slams fist on desk:

DAMN YOU WORK!

I would LOVE to go, I have yet to do a ride at EF and I'm a die hard XC rider, but alas, I must work :mad:

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
...only if you don't mind walking uphill to get to the goods.

The trail we rode is not what most people in these parts think of when they hear XC. This is the Buzzard Rock trail, which is extremely rocky, very nice, one of the best trails in midatlantica

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
I typically ride Buzzard Rock when there isn't enough interest in shuttling elsewhere, and before Diablo and Snowshoe open. A dual ring would be the way to go for most Eliz Furnace rides; fewer dismounts. Buzzard Rock isn't a DH trail, just an old-school all-natural appalachian track with the closest decent vert to DC. Directions for the Furnace are at MORE. Hardly anyone rides there and I have no idea why because it's such an awesome trail riding spot for anyone who doesn't fit comfortably into a single MTB discipline.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
From what I hear, EF is pretty similar to a lot of the riding at Sherando. It's pretty close to me so I'm surprised I haven't headed up there yet. There just so much great riding around here. What a great complaint to have :)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
Well then Rich, hows about we head up there this Thursday?
We won't have time. We are going to be doing a 10 miler on thursday so I have time to get to work in the evening. I think EF requires some good hours of trail time and is a further drive. Trust me, you will definitely want to stick to this run at Sherando, you are going to love the descent!