Quantcast

Elka rearshock question

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I'm about to purchase the new Elka stage 5 shock, but im not entirely educated about this shock. MY main question for those who have experience on the shock is, would I need a heavier spring weight for this type of shock or a lower one lets say comparing it to a Rocco wc, DHX 5.0 and a Vivid 5.0. I ran a 300lbs spring on my vivid 5.1. Just befuddled on what spring weight I need. I weigh 163lbs.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I'm about to purchase the new Elka stage 5 shock, but im not entirely educated about this shock. MY main question for those who have experience on the shock is, would I need a heavier spring weight for this type of shock or a lower one lets say comparing it to a Rocco wc, DHX 5.0 and a Vivid 5.0. I ran a 300lbs spring on my vivid 5.1. Just befuddled on what spring weight I need. I weigh 163lbs.
I went from a Vivid to an Elka on my Evil last season. Used the same 300lb spring with no problem. I'd say stick with the weight you are using.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I too went from a DHX5 to an Stage 5 and used the same spring weight with great success. Although, I did have to use some duct tape on my jaw to keep it from hitting the floor in amazement of how awesome the Elka is. :thumb: