Quantcast

Ellijay?

Kylebrno

Chimp
Jul 18, 2012
Hey I just moved here and I'm still getting used to the local dh but a guy at Roswell bikes told me about ellijay and that it's about an hour or two from atl.Anyone want to meet and ride it this Friday or another time soon?

ryan12210

Chimp
Oct 14, 2007
I was thinking about riding carter's on saturday. Do you have a vehicle for shuttling or plan on making the push? I may have a friend down to shuttle using his vehicle. The push is doable but wil wear you out WAY faster.

Kylebrno

Chimp
Jul 18, 2012
Cool Where is carters? I have a car that can only shuttle 1 bike with dual crown forks? How long is the shuttle?

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Carters Lake is a short run, but a very steep push up the hill. I'd say make sure you have a shuttle truck... Personally I wouldn't want to push that hill more than a couple times, but with a truck you could easily do 10 runs in a couple hours. Just my .02

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Carters is a great trail but no way worth it if your not shuttling. W/ a shuttle you can no doubt get 20+ runs in a day. There are 2 trails both about 1.5-2 minutes.

BrianHudson

Chimp
Sep 26, 2009
Mobile Alabama
Trail runs along west side of the road that goes to the boat ramp. Trail starts off of Ridgeway rd just northwest of intersection with the boat ramp road. Happy trails:)

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
carters lake is fun, but i second ( or third, fourth...whatever ) the shuttling...its like a 3 hr drive for me ( columbus ga) but its definitely pretty fun. a lot of trashy people hang out there and camping for the night is super cheap. Grills on sight as well as sanded pits for tents. two main runs for DH, AM and PRO both are super fun

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Thanks! What are some other good dh spots?
Depends on how far you want drive. There is great DH in NC but its either illegal, secret, or private property. Sugar is awesome but its one trail and Beech won't be open till next year. I know SC has some but can't elaborate except for Clemson, not really DH worthy but you cant still have a lot of fun on one. The best would be Windrock (about 4.5 hours north of you) which has numerous lines and can be shuttled but as far as lift assisted all of the good stuff is gonna be a longer haul. Living in the south your better off getting a 5-6" bike.

Kylebrno

Chimp
Jul 18, 2012
Ya I've been to big creek and blankets creek on my dj. I live in alpharetta so I can travel some distance north.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
i need to plan windrock soon...they have a fall fest every year around the end of october...huge even raffles, two huge diesel trucks with 60ft trails shuttling all day...when i went there was easily 150 or more people throughout the day