Quantcast

Ellsworth Id Opinions

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
genpowell71 said:
Ok, I consider MTBR's staff liked the bike. My point was that you need to go to the horses mouth and ask the average person how his bike performs. Just because it got an award doesnt mean it is as promised.
Don't take user reviews at MTBR as "reality"........... :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
Don't take user reviews at MTBR as "reality"........... :D
Especially when there's an Ellsworth banner ad at the top of the page...

That's too bad, I like the look of that frame, and I need a new cross country ride.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Never thought about a Turner. I'll investigate. I did look at Nicolai's CC frames (they're cheaper that Ell's) and I have never seen one on the trail. I'm looking for a sturdy CC bike by september to train on this fall/winter.

Thanks fellas.

kennyracer77

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
The Id is not the bike my friend...Blur LT!!!!!, Moment, 5.5, 5 spot...all better choices. The Id is cool if you like tall standover height, steep head angle, and a couple weeks off of it every few seasons for warranty...

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I'd go for the Moment over the Id any day.

I think it's the best pedaling, light, trail bike out there.
Descends very well too.

I have a few friends with each. They are very similar except the Moment is stiffer, has better tire clearance, a lower bb and handles better.

As far as reliability, I have a friend who is an excellent downhiller and has been thrashing his four ellsworths regularly with no problems at all.