Quantcast

eMachine Shop

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
jdschall said:
Neat idea.
The cool thing is I've spent about 10 minutes on it and came up with a finished part that will cost me way less than the parts I was going to order from someone else. And these will be custom!

Sahweet.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DRB said:
I swear someone in the dh forum got something from them.
The possibilities for bike stuff are endless.

Hmm...

Custom engraved QR20 Pro flaps?

Custom chainrings?

Hmmm.......

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Annnd the n00b H8R does a search.

Looks like I am a couple years late here!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say, that's bad ass. I wonder if you can design something then price match it with a local shop rather than going through them? I know Sideways had some custom brake rotors made for his speedhub that he had a local shop do for 1/3 of the price of retail.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Very cool idea. This is the sort of thing the innanet was made for. I think I have some hub designs I did about 8 years ago kicking around somewhere.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Shock mounts, laser cut. "fusalage", laser cut and bent. Swingarm bulk heads, laser cut. Dropouts, laser cut. Floating disc mount, machined. Shock linkage, machined.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Haven't used it but have read that some folks have had problems with quality consistency with repeat orders since they use multiple shops. That was a while ago however so they may have cleared that up.
If you have a CAD file, I highly recommend www.procnc.com
If you don't have a CAD file, they'll work from sketches and ideas.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Spitfired said:
Shock mounts, laser cut. "fusalage", laser cut and bent. Swingarm bulk heads, laser cut. Dropouts, laser cut. Floating disc mount, machined. Shock linkage, machined.

It seems like a pretty neat deal. Being a solidworks user, I was wondering how powerful their CAD program was. Can you perform complicated sweep and loft extrusions? I haven't downloaded any software from them yet and since you have some experience with them, I figured I'd ask.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
3D. said:
It seems like a pretty neat deal. Being a solidworks user, I was wondering how powerful their CAD program was. Can you perform complicated sweep and loft extrusions? I haven't downloaded any software from them yet and since you have some experience with them, I figured I'd ask.
I have no Solidworks experience, but I've done some Autocad. Their software is limited, but usable. Only like a 6 mb download, so how deep could it be?

I don't think there will be anything it can't do that I might want. I'm only using it for drum parts though.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
If you have complicated stuff, you can work with them. Dig through the website and you'll find their phone numbers, or direct emails. Get a hold of them that way and I'm sure you could send your solidworks part files for them to go from.