Quantcast

Email for Alienation about 24in hoops

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
"Dexter - if you're a very fluent rider I recommend the Runaway rim;
however,
if you a tad bit hard on your wheels I would recommend the Black Sheep.

Dual Ano should be available this spring ('08), perhaps sooner. Colors
will
vary as we can do just about any color configuration.

z"
sounds promissing. i ordering up two red anno hoops in the very very near future

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
been emailing back and forth since this post, they are dropping some SICK new 20in tires soon that they mentioned might (hint hint) make it into larger sizes such as 24-26 in the future. pretty stoked on the news. ill be rolling probably two runaway's or one up front a black sheep out back.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
It makes sense that this new company would do some lager size rims and tires , Aliennation was Started by Zach Taylor .
Zach used to be the product manager for Sun-Ringle , and is the main reason why they have such a comple product line right now!

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
please do some tires that have around the same thread as odyssey paths but 26" instead of 20"...

I'm dying to get some new tires and I would love to get kenda NPJ's but they aren't really available here...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, sounds promising! 24" goods are slim pickin's... those weights are very nice too.

on a side note, looks like Kenda may be bringin' the NPJ over finally... has been shown as an OEM tire on a few new bikes I've seen pics of lately, including the Eastern Night Train. ;)
I really wish KHE would roll out some of their kevlar street/park tires in 24inch though! Give the schwalbe Timo a run for it's money on the streets.
and wish g-sport would roll out a lighter version of the rib-cage or something in 24" too.
I'm not a big fan of colored rims, but I'd still look into some of these alienations if I were lacing up a new set any time soon.
Evil4bc, interesting news on the guy up front.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Sun has a new rim coming called the Envy. this is the email I got about it

The new rim is called the Envy. It is going to be available in 20" and 24". I don't have much for specs on it right now besides that the front rim has no brake track and the rear has a brake track. The 24" will come in chrome or black and the 20" will come in black, red, white, blue and chrome.
its supposed to be lighter than a rhyno lite xl.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
its supposed to be lighter than a rhyno lite xl.
wow... is that good though? reason I went with heavier BFR is because I've folded some rhyno's before, and I liked the stouter sidewalls and more brake track.

I'd like to see the profile of these new rims though, sounds bad ass if they have a f & r specific. Sounds like somebody in the office is paying attention, haha.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I wonder too, the Ryhno lite is pretty damn light. If you compare the 20" version against its counterparts it still ranks very light... I would guess this rim is more for the racing crowd... I am digging the Runaway though.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
wow... is that good though? reason I went with heavier BFR is because I've folded some rhyno's before, and I liked the stouter sidewalls and more brake track.

I'd like to see the profile of these new rims though, sounds bad ass if they have a f & r specific. Sounds like somebody in the office is paying attention, haha.
is it good...yes and no. i'm considering the envy rim and the alien runaway as a new front wheel. i think it would be fine up front with a susp fork. i've had my rear 24" rhyno lite xl (36H) for over a year. still straight as a nail and the cnc sidewall works mint w/ my v's.

the runaway weighs 30 grams less than a rl xl.