Quantcast

embedded youtube and thread length

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Hey all,

Two quick questions.

anyone else running safari (4.0.4) on a mac and not able to see embedded youtube videos? this just started happening recently. maybe two weeks ago?

also, how do you set your viewing settings so that the threads show more posts per page? i'm getting sick of sifting through pages and pages of a couple threads. would be nice just to scroll and see everything.

thanks in advance.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Can't help you on the first problem - sounds like a local browser issue but if anyone else is having the problem we'll look into it server-side.

For the second problem, you go into User CP -> Edit Options and scroll down. The third section up from the bottom is "Thread Display Options."

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
yup. 10.0.42. just in case, i reinstalled the latest from the website. no change. i get vimeo stuff, just no youtube stuff.

its weird. in the youtube thread in the lounge, there is a solid white box in each post where a video would be and its the same dimensions as an embedded video, but nothing...

so it def sounds like bv said, a local browser issue, but aside from reinstalling safari, any other ideas? i yes, i do also run firefox, chrome, and sometimes opera, but safari just happens to be the browser i use most often.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This works in all of your other browsers?

When you go to youtube.com can you watch videos?

You'll typically be able to see the white box of the appropriate size because the HTML tag specifies embedded media of a certain size, so even if the video is gone completely there will still be an area for the embedding.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Yup. Works in all other browsers.

Yup. I can go to youtube directly and watch videos.

This is probably a Safari issue/bug in my browser so its really no problem of your guys. But I appreciate all the help. :D I will post something on the apple discussion forums and see if i get any hits. otherwise i will just wait for the next update of safari to come out. youtube is definitely a NON-critical problem. :thumb: Thanks for the help fellas, +rep.