Quantcast

embedding yt vids

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
why do some of the YT links not embed properly in threads? ive used the actual link as well as the "share" link from the video itself.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Thanks for reporting this, I didn't realize there were problems. I'm working on updating our media embedding system now. It looks like the coder for our original plugin isn't active any more, so bear with me while I figure out the best solution.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Thanks for reporting this, I didn't realize there were problems. I'm working on updating our media embedding system now. It looks like the coder for our original plugin isn't active any more, so bear with me while I figure out the best solution.
ive been having this problem since you guys switched to the new site format but i was able to get videos embedded by going into the YT user's profile and searching for the video or by searching YT for the video. some vids just dont work at all (even when embedding is enabled by the YT author.) before the switch i was able to put in any form of the YT link and still get it to embed.

thanks.

Last edited: